Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store window not working in 2019.2b6?

Discussion in '2019.2 Beta' started by jwvanderbeck, Jun 22, 2019.

1. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

I can't import any assets into a fresh project in 2019.2b6. I click Download, and it downloads like normal, but instead of the button changing from Download to Import, it stays as Download. Clicking it again just downloads the asset all over again and again it stays as Download. I can't import any assets from this window.

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

You can download any asset from a list but you need to be on the asset page to be able to import it.

3. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

I see. I hope that's a (known?) bug and not an intentional change to operation, as adding a lot of assets that way will suck. That window is already enough of a burden to use without intentionally making it worse :)

4. Deleted User

Deleted User

It's like that in 2019.1; I don't remember about previous versions.

5. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Ug that's horrifying to hear. The asset store is already bad enough when starting a new project and adding a bunch of assets This makes it even worse!

In past versions, at least the last ones I noticed in 2018.x, you could download AND import from the main list.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

Yeah, but it's not exactly difficult to go on the asset page to see if the import button is here or not. How do you think I found out?

7. jwvanderbeck

jwvanderbeck

Yeah? Now do that about 20 times, while each time you go into an asset and back to the list, the list page is reset so any search terms, sorting etc is lost. Not to mention that since it doesn't list all assets by default, you often have to click the "Show XX More Assets" to find things.