Search Unity

Feedback Asset Store Web Browser CSS Error

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by natubeast, Jul 17, 2020.

1. natubeast

natubeast

Hi everyone

I've been looking for a solution for this everywhere but couldn't find it. When I load the Asset store, it fails to load the CSS files and its just a white screen with a bunch of text following each other. I'm using Google Chrome with Windows 10, 12GB RAM and i5 CPU. It's a Lenovo IdeaPad 320. My phone also has the same problem, so it's not just my laptop. It also fails on Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer. This problem only happened about 3 or four days ago. I'm in South Africa as well, if that will help.

The errors in the browser console is: GET https://unity-assetstorev2-prd.stor...in/assets/as/app.css.0ac8e29f3e3148c5e610.css net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET

and

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'default' of undefined
    at HTMLDocument.<anonymous> ((index):223)
    (anonymous) @ (index):223

I've uploaded a screenshot to see exactly what's happening.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. - firewall
    - vpn
    - anti-virus
    - any other networking software/devices

any of above?

3. natubeast

natubeast

I don't think it's any of those. I've literally just wiped my laptop and reinstalled Windows 10 Pro. The problem is still there Right now all I have is the default Microsoft Defender, I tried disabling the firewall and still no result.

I also tried it on 2 android phones (one on campus Wifi, the other on a 4G network) and they also have no CSS. I'm starting to think this is a problem with my region's IP address or something. But I have no idea where to start.

4. Also proxy can cause this, if they implemented it wrong. Check the proxy settings too.

5. natubeast

natubeast

I solved the problem. So I downloaded a VPN on my phone, and the Asset Store worked on the phone. So I did a hotspot to my laptop and it worked also :D

Thanks for the help though, your comment about the VPN gave me the idea to try one.

I'm not sure what caused this and I don't know if this is a permanent or a temporary fix. But hey, it works.

6. Meltdown

Meltdown

Might be worth clearing your browser cache from all time. Just exclude passwords and form fields of course!

7. natubeast

natubeast

I tried that, and it didn't work. Oh and the problem came back.

It seems the problem is my IP address. Whenever I use a VPN it will work. But when I use my internet normally, it won't connect and get the CSS files.

I further pinned it down to my region because even if I use my Campus wifi or my mobile 4G, it doesn't work (and they have different IP addresses). Could it be something wrong with South Africa?

It's not a fatal error, because I can just use a VPN. But in the long run, I think a solution should be sought out because I can't be the only one with this problem. There are probably others in South Africa going through the same thing :(

8. Meltdown

Meltdown

:(

What about just using the Asset Store within the editor?
    CTRL + 9

Also greetings from New Zealand, I grew up in SA.
    Hope ya'all hanging on there, keep safe.

9. natubeast

natubeast

That, unfortunately, does not work also. I'm basically just playing a waiting game, hoping that it will sort itself out eventually. It's just really annoying.

And greeting back :D We're hanging on a thread but we'll make it through.