Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset store very slow with Unity 4

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Jesse_Pixelsmith, Nov 15, 2012.

1. XilenceX

XilenceX

Yeah I am in the same situation and it's quite annoying. I usually try to buy the plugins from the creators websites instead of the asset store where possible because of this.

2. JVaughan

JVaughan

So everyone is still seeing this issue 6+ months on after 4's release? Not good...

3. im

im

yeah i had bigtime problems

here is what i found

it maybe related to the number of items you have in your asset store folder

i was having horrible problems and searched web and found that if you create some other folder move the assets there then the store works pretty good

i guess if you have lots of stuff its has to parse all that stuff and times out etc

its a real pain though since it then does not know what needs updating and downloading, since it wont be in the proper folder

but at least i dont get those timeout, parsing errors, stuck on please wait problems anymore. now mostly unless servers are tied up buy / download / import buttons show up instantly well for the few items i leave in asset store folder.

also try using the asset store from a regular browser sometimes you can buy using that one, sadly sometimes it just launches the builtin asset store which is less functional, well at least in my opinion. i hope that they just let us use the regular browser for everything.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  4. Mordokak

Mordokak

Having the same issue here... here is "fix" for the time, it works for me but its not like the ultimate solution and its not guaranteed it will work for you:

1) Make sure you have active Welcome to Unity popup
    2) Close Unity
    3) Open Unity
    4) Open asset store from the Welcome to Unity pop-up.

Hope this helps while they fix it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2013
  5. Maza1999

Maza1999

My IT guy said the following

6. PhobicGunner

PhobicGunner

Unity really needs to get someone with experience in networking. Maybe then they could get two birds with one stone - fix the Asset Store, and fix Unity Networking.

Honestly, it beats me why they couldn't just shove in something like Chromium as the in-editor asset store. Would have been loads better.

7. Zeblote

Zeblote

Takes 15 seconds to load for me

8. Jaimi

Jaimi

The problem gets worse the more assets that you have purchased. It appears to manually open every single package in your local asset store, and pull information from them, and then call back and get graphics, check for updates, etc. The problem can be worse if you have any of the "bad" packages. There was a time when some of the caching servers would deliver bad files. You can still have some on your box unbeknownst, and causing problems. The reason is, whenever an asset developer a) renames his package, b) changes his name, or c) puts it in a different category, this creates a new package in your store, and leaves the old one. So you can have each package two, three or even more times on your system! And if one of those is "bad", this causes an exception (that is swallowed and hidden) that eats up even more time.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2013
  9. Joez629

Joez629

Left It Running For Half and Hour And It Loaded The Banner XD

10. McDev02

McDev02

Just bought an asset within the browser version of the AssetStore, now I am trying for half an hour to download it in Unity...

11. Sphyx

Sphyx

Same!

12. im

im

unity store crawlingly slow tonight...

same as other night :(

time to get more gerbils

we are all waiting for the ones you have to get our stuff...

13. yoyo

yoyo

Super slow here too, but at least I get to laugh about the gerbils ... :)

14. Korok

Korok

the web asset store is faster, I usually browse items using the web one then buy using the Unity one, didn't try buying on the web is there any difference? :D

Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  15. TS42

TS42

Hi all!

This fixed it for me: http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/350453/asset-store-being-slow.html

16. Rhaziel

Rhaziel

TS42 - you sir, are a genious!
    Disabling my Hamachi Network Adapter fixed the problem - Asset Store working flawlessly now!

17. ronan-thibaudau

ronan-thibaudau

Seeing how far back this workaround dates, i wish we had a fix already (disabling adapters i use to use the asset store isn't exactly a permanent option!)

18. RazvanGabriel

RazvanGabriel

TS42 I can't thank you enough. This solved my problems. But Unity dev team should do something about this.

19. marak-v1

marak-v1

TS42 thanks trying that now,

This is beyond frustrating, i need the latest unity to use the store items i just purchased, and cannot download them *sigh*. Hopefully TS42's idea works for me.

20. Deleted User

Deleted User

Same for me

21. McDev02

McDev02

@TS42 Man thank you so much for sharing! It seems that Unity disabled to download on the AssetStore Browser version and I just was unable to download anything. Now it works fine.

22. sarasa89

sarasa89

I don't have Hamachi Network Adapter enabled, but the asset store still won't load

is there a way to fix this ?

23. JacobCWHenwood

JacobCWHenwood

TS42, you are a deeply wonderful fellow. I owe you some of my time.

As soon as I read your solution I ran to Control Panel bristling with excitement. I have a WLAN card and a LAN card. Disabled the WLAN, and the Asset Store turns into my best friend. It's just been on by default, and never gets used.

24. LeftyTwoGuns

LeftyTwoGuns

The in-Unity asset store is still very unresponsive. How could the issue go this long without an official comment?

25. XDrakkir

XDrakkir

ANOTHER POSSIBLE FIX:
    Disable Teamviewer. If you have set your computer up to use teamviewer, just close out of it.

26. dansav

dansav

It's like a website on a dial up modem on a pc that is old and run out of memory.
    I can't even shop anymore.

27. gs865

gs865

Another possible fix: My machine runs windows 7 and I had VMWare Player installed. So I went to the Network and Sharing Center from the control panel( shortcut is on the left-bottom corner next to the date/time indication) , clicked on Local Connection(or whatever is shown in in blue letters next to "connections:") and then clicked properties. There, uncheck VMWare bridge protocol from the check box. Note: You may also have to disable the vmware connections in the network and sharing center. Let me now if it worked

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  28. jlmarc33

jlmarc33

I had the same problem, and it was also caused by VMware player on my PC
    No more delay now to browse Asset store inside UNITY and buy an asset package...
    I have windows 7 x64 and the last UNITY release 4.3.4. I had not a strong usage of OS virtualization, so, after VMware Player uninstallation, UNITY Asset Store connection became completely responsive without any drop time

29. im

im

still a problem :(

browser becomes unresponsive while waiting for button

looks like some poorly written script that is waiting on something to be returned by the server.

but what i dont understand is why it has to bring the while web browser to become unresponsive.

other tabs should continue to work since they should not be affected.

most likely code should be changed so it dont lock up the browser completely.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  30. MarioSchabhuettl

MarioSchabhuettl

I had to disable "Automatically detect settings" in the system network settings.
    Internet Options / Connections / LAN Settings / Automatically detect settings <-- uncheck

31. Raied

Raied

Same problem, I tried the above solution nothing worked for me.

32. Talch

Talch

I've disabled hamachi's adaptor and now it goes perfectly! Thanks for the tip.

33. ardizzle

ardizzle

Im still having this issue also. Closing dropbox seemed to help a little but its still super slow

34. Bytesize

Bytesize

I had this error on Kerbal Space Program for a long time. I couldn't solve this Problem by deactivating my Virtual Network Device, but by deactivate my real Network Device. This solved it for KSP but was really annoying because i lost my Network Connection for the loading Time.

In case of the Asset Store this solution wasn't convinient, because i needed the Internet Connection to load the Asset store obviously.

So i took a look in my Network Connection and did ONE thing:

Go to the Properties of your LAN Connection and take out the hook
    from Internetprotocoll Version 6 IPv6 (deactivate it).

After that my Asset Stiore and Kerbal works fine!

MFG Byte

35. mr_freedo

mr_freedo

It is incredebly slow but it helps to find your asset in a real browser like firefox or chrome, so that when you open unity assets you know witch asset you need and dont have to spend a lot of time serching for the right asset

36. Alerr

Alerr

It seems to me... the unity guys don't want to earn money))))

37. ThomasGouin

ThomasGouin

Works really good with IPV6 deactivated

38. Frietziek

Frietziek

I love you TS42

39. Equalent

Equalent

Same problem!!!

40. jakzun2011

jakzun2011

i'm having the problem in 2019 - can't access what i've paid for so, i can't purchase more and i'm in the middle of a project and this has me at a standstill - we buy from Unity in Good Faith and our purchases are being withheld from us - even if inadvertently -

something has to be done or this becomes criminal - we must be given access to what we purchase - no matter what it takes because to accept money for a product and not deliver it speaks for itself and there's only so much blaming the Engine that can be done -

the Owners of the Engine have my money and aren't responding to my email about making sure i receive what i paid for

41. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

If you have issue with the new asset store it's best to post your concerns here where it's currently being discussed: https://forum.unity.com/threads/asset-store-site-upgrade.669670/. This is a four year old thread.