Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question asset store tools upload error

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by masterahuck, Jun 26, 2023.

1. masterahuck

masterahuck

Hello,
    I updated my "asset store tools" asset and tried to upload my package but I keep getting this error

An error occurred while sending the request
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
    AssetStoreTools.Uploader.PackageView:OnPackageUploadFail (AssetStoreTools.Uploader.ASError) (at Packages/com.unity.asset-store-tools/Editor/AssetStoreUploader/Scripts/UploadWindow/AllPackageView/PackageView.cs:567)
    AssetStoreTools.Uploader.PackageView/<BeginPackageUpload>d__56:MoveNext () (at Packages/com.unity.asset-store-tools/Editor/AssetStoreUploader/Scripts/UploadWindow/AllPackageView/PackageView.cs:472)
    System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncTaskMethodBuilder`1<AssetStoreTools.Uploader.PackageUploadResult>:SetResult (AssetStoreTools.Uploader.PackageUploadResult)
    AssetStoreTools.Uploader.AssetStoreAPI/<UploadPackageAsync>d__32:MoveNext () (at Packages/com.unity.asset-store-tools/Editor/AssetStoreUploader/Scripts/AssetStoreAPI.cs:444)
    UnityEngine.UnitySynchronizationContext:ExecuteTasks ()

Any ideas on how to fix this?

2. LivingForce

LivingForce

Hey Masterahuck,
    I had a similar problem where uploads were going fine and hardly ran into any issues during the process and I ran into this scenario. I spent a few hours troubleshooting:
    - Removed any namespaces from the file names
    - Rebuilt a project and ran into the same error on different project builds
    - Defragged my drive
    - Changed my asset filepath

Then I had a hunch, the upload failure kept occurring right at 40%-50% of the process. Network traffic I presumed and I was right, my upload speed was in the single digits for some reason. Rebooted my router and I uploaded 2 projects without an issue later on.

Hope this helps everyone out there!

3. masterahuck

masterahuck

Ok thanks alot.
    It was an outdated te version I guess, updating fixed the issue.

LivingForce likes this.