Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

asset store support is +2month queue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mgear, Sep 15, 2023.

1. mgear

mgear

upload_2023-9-15_11-4-28.png

andyz and Lurking-Ninja like this.
  2. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

probably getting overloaded since the license change announcements. Everyone in the industry is up in arms and frantic, so yeah I expect its a storm over at unity offices. Also 2 offices were shut down temporarily due to a threat made against them, also probably adding to this.

3. mgear

mgear

yup, and its been super slow even before..

anyone know if there's automated asset downloaders?
    (get my bought assets into disk, in case systems start to go down in a year to 2..)

4. MichaelHardrick

MichaelHardrick

It has been like this for a long time; some of us have problems, for example, with receiving money from Unity and have to wait for months for any proper reaction. Now, let's imagine it's about solving the issue of incorrectly counted pirated installs.

assetstoresupport.JPG

5. Acissathar

Acissathar

Yeah this has been a thing for a while.

When the whole Cafofo stolen sound issue was brought up I sent in a ticket and it took 4 months for a response.

DungDajHjep and Noisecrime like this.
  6. neginfinity

neginfinity

"We'll get back to you in a century or two. Remember, your opinion is very important to us and have a good day! We're here to help!"

mgear, I think that downloaders go against unity's tos unless they work through unity editor. That is if you care about it at this point. Also, there's a huge cache folder in AppData which stores a lot of previously downloaded assets. I don't recall if they're stored there ready to use or if you need to strip their header or somethig.

7. mgear

mgear

good solution here,
    in newer unity versions have multiselection inside package manager,
    and it works with own assets section!
    upload_2023-9-15_22-33-14.png

Last edited: Sep 15, 2023
  8. Ahab_

Ahab_

No, they have been like this for years now. From my experience, for them to run smoothly means waiting only 2 weeks... In any case, this is crearly a matter of bad management, as many other things concerning Unity these days....

9. xjjon

xjjon

I don't generally complain about things with Unity but this is a bit out of control. What's the point of asset store support if the queue is over 2 months long?

DungDajHjep and Prodical like this.
  10. AlanOToole

AlanOToole

I can also confirm this has been an issue for a long time now. I have a new asset pending now for over a month and a half, which based on my queue position, it does seem like 2 months for approval on average is still accurate. It's a shame, I remember when it was much faster (at most a week if they were busy).

11. stain2319

stain2319

Honestly, Unity looks at it like this.

1. How much money would it cost to hire more people to give a better experience here?
    2. Would improving this experience increase the number of subscriptions or asset sales enough to make up for #1?
    #3. If we don't improve the experience will we lose a significant amount of customers or revenue?

As long as the answer to #2 and #3 is "no", Unity is fine with the current situation.

DungDajHjep likes this.
  12. andyz

andyz

It's crazy - just got a reply around 10 weeks after a complaint about one asset. So best avoid the store - if there are any assets complained about because of copyright, poor info etc. they won't be fixed for weeks.
    And while I am at it - why allow AI generated content until the lawsuits have at least blown over?!

13. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Asset Inventory

You can find it on the store

14. mgear

mgear

15. Antypodish

Antypodish

No one allows, or disallow.
    Simply no one monitors it, until it is requirement. Until then it may be years passed, or never.
    It is expensive and mostly pointless, specially you got tons of assets flips and copy cats anyway. You shall ask same question, why these are allowed.
    You can figure out, if you are experienced dev.
    Anyone falling into shopping spree, will buy and waste money on anything anyway.

Ryiah likes this.
  16. Ryiah

Ryiah

It's also almost impossible outside of very obvious examples to know if an asset is stolen, or even if it's illegal in the first place as simply looking like something doesn't mean it's breaking IP laws. Plus there's always the possibility a company may be held accountable for failing to catch an asset if they were actively monitoring and missed it.

You can also very affordably create your own AI model using your own assets, and then feed that model into Stable Diffusion. Artwork made in that manner is completely fine because it's yours in the first place.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2023
  17. Cranick

Cranick

18. AlanOToole

AlanOToole

I've been noticing lately that the queue position will go up and down by 20-30 spots sometimes every other day. I was down to the mid 80's... now my pending asset is back up to the 110's. So close!

Ironically, I would pay a small fee each month for expedited asset reviews. Just saying...

DevDunk likes this.