Search Unity

Asset Store submission review delay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bitboys, Mar 27, 2017.

1. Bitboys

Bitboys

Hi guys, I have decided to create this post because it's been 25 days since we have submitted our last asset to be reviewed by the Asset Store but we have not yet received any response.

With other Assets we have responded in a week at most and according to the guidelines from the Asset Store the maximum time may be 14 days, but already more than 20 days have passed and still no response.

We have send two mail to the Unity team and they have told us that there is some delay with the asset reviews but they have not told us anything more.

I would like to know if we are the only ones who are waiting for a long time or if there are more people who are waiting a long time to receive a response about whether asset.

As always apologize for my poor english.

Mijail (Bitboys Studio)

Edit: For those people who are in the same situation as me and don´t know that the Asset Store review time are greater than a few months ago.

· The Asset was submitted on March 4 and reviewed on the 29th.

· The 29th was declined due to some errors and the 30th was submitted again.

·The asset was modified on March 30 (by the Asset Store Team) but we have not received a new answer yet (On April 1)

• On April 4:
    Finally and after 30 days our last asset has been published.
    This is my fourth asset and I have never experienced anything similar to these 30 days of bitterness. What I regret is that I have two assets in half development, but surely they are the last ones we will try to publish.

Good luck to those who are still waiting for their work to be published. Greetings from Spain.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Circool likes this.
  2. Circool

Circool

Same problem. My asset in status "Pending Review" since Mar 4, 2017. :(

Bitboys likes this.
  3. Bitboys

Bitboys

Same day as us. It is good to know that we are not the only ones but it is hopeless not to know how much longer we should wait.

4. tsangwailam

tsangwailam

is it related to the server down last week?

5. TonyLi

TonyLi

Probably not. Submissions for new assets are taking about 20 business days (give or take) these days. Updates are much faster.

6. N1warhead

N1warhead

I haven't submitted anything new recently, but @TonyLi is correct: submissions are now around 20 days, I think it was max 14 days when I first started. But Updates are like always quicker. Most of the time within 1 business day for me.

7. Bitboys

Bitboys

We have never waited 20 days to receive a response about an asset submission, but it is true that for months we have only been updating assets and not publishing new ones. Thanks for your comments, we will continue waiting.

8. N1warhead

N1warhead

You could always try re-submitting it. I've had an asset declined once without even a notice, I just so happened to notice in the publisher page.

9. Bitboys

Bitboys

I do not know if it is a good idea to do that, it would be like wasting the time we have waited for the asset review.:eek:

10. tsangwailam

tsangwailam

I do want to know when waiting approve, Will we start queuing again if i create a new draft and submit again.

11. Whippets

Whippets

It can take 3-4 weeks. If after 3 weeks you email them, it'll probably get sorted the same/next day.

12. LaneFox

LaneFox

Yes, you move to the end of the queue.

13. N1warhead

N1warhead

not always, one time I had an asset decline because of the images (the ones you set up) such as the header image, small icon, etc.

Well I re-submitted and emailed the guy like right away and he went ahead and approved it :p

But this was because I was already in contact with them because of the declined email lol.

14. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

Thats a bit different. If you're fixing something it got declined for, the approval often is expedited because the rest has been reviewed. But if you resubmit before it's been reviewed you move to the back of the queue.

It's not necessarily first in first out though. Unity obviously has different people who can review different kinds of assets. for instance, code vs art vs audio. And some assets are quicker and easier to review than others. It's highly likely that several simple assets can be approved during the time a very complex asset is being reviewed even if they were submitted after.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  15. AlanGrant

AlanGrant

Same problem here,
    I have submitted a new asset on march 03 and another a week later, both still pending.
    I wrote to the asset store team but they didn't answer my email -.-

Bitboys likes this.
  16. Bitboys

Bitboys

To me they have answered 3 times the same, that the store team has a lot of work and that they were going to give my message to the team...

17. MERCURIUSFM

MERCURIUSFM

The newest asset pack I made, (a synthwave music pack) was submitted on February 24th and was published on the asset store on March 22nd.
    It takes time, that's all.

18. Bitboys

Bitboys

That's fine, but the reason for this thread is to know if there are more people who like in my case, have published contain to the Asset Store previously and only had to wait 7 to 10 days to get a response. The Unity guidelines make clear that the waiting time is usually around 10 days, which is what a few months ago even had to wait for a response and currently this is not the case.

https://support.unity3d.com/hc/en-u...ong-will-it-take-for-my-Asset-to-be-approved-

19. Circool

Circool

Mine was published (was submitted on March 4th) !!!!:)

Bitboys likes this.
  20. Bitboys

Bitboys

Today??

21. Circool

Circool

Yes

Bitboys likes this.
  22. Bitboys

Bitboys

Nice! Congrats my friend!

Circool likes this.
  23. JustinCollins

JustinCollins

You will not be moved to the end of the queue if you update before you hear back from us. You will stay in the same spot. So please, update away while you wait. :)

While the increase in waiting times are a pain, I can assure everyone that we are working hard to vet everyone's assets as fast as possible, while still providing a quality check for each asset.

24. Bitboys

Bitboys

Nice to read this because yesterday my asset was declined and i'm waiting for a new response :rolleyes:

25. JustinCollins

JustinCollins

Sorry to hear that it was declined. Fortunately, when it is resubmitted, the process is much faster as we have already worked with your asset :)

SaraCecilia, Dustin-Horne and Bitboys like this.
  26. Bitboys

Bitboys

Hello Justin, my asset was declined again today because it includes the CrossPlatformInput from the Unity Standard Assets.
    I would like to know since when we cannot include the Unity Standard Assets in our projects for the store in order to keep this in mind for our next asset projects. Thanks

27. N1warhead

N1warhead

The reason it was denied because of that makes plausible sense.

You can't have two of them in the project or it will cause compatibility problems because of two of everything. It only cares about the scripts. Nothing else matters only the scripts and any DLL files. You can only have one with the class name/script name.

So just remove anything with standard assets in it.

The reason it's like that is because someone may already have it imported in their project, so just remove them and if anyone needs to link anything when they download it, just be sure to include the stuff they need to know to get it working.

JustinCollins likes this.
  28. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Stumbled across this thread.
    I've been experiencing the same issue with a pack I submitted on 11 March and no response.Also meta-data changes to other packages seem to take a little longer too

29. JustinCollins

JustinCollins

This was decided on August 10th of last year, if you have not taken a look at our submission guidelines since that date, I highly encourage you to: https://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-assets/submission-guidelines

This was based upon always having to re-import standard assets whenever we imported an asset that contained them. We now require any and all assets that use standard assets to remove them, and provide in a .pdf or .txt file to say what standard assets are needed for your package and any demo scenes with your package to work. We believe this lowers any possible confusion experienced with errors and enables the user to have a much better experience.

While you have not gotten a direct response from us yet, I can assure you that your package is in our queue, and our team is working hard to get to it asap.

Thunderent and N1warhead like this.
  30. Bitboys

Bitboys

Thanks for the response.

31. Bitboys

Bitboys

Hello again guys, finally and after 30 days our last asset has been published.
    This is my fourth asset and I have never experienced anything similar to these 30 days of bitterness. What I regret is that I have two assets in half development, but surely they are the last ones we will try to publish.

Good luck to those who are still waiting for their work to be published. Greetings from Spain.

dogzerx2 likes this.
  32. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Thank you!! Good to know I'm not the only one. So I can wait with a peace of mind.

33. EddieChristian

EddieChristian

Mine just hit the 15 day mark. I hope to hear from them soon.

34. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

You will!! 20 ... 25 days wait time is normal. Plan accordingly.

(Updates are instant once approved, I believe)

35. ceebeee

ceebeee

Can someone explain to me why uMMORPG has been updated twice in 4 days but the Invector update has been pending for 2 weeks now? It's can't be complexity or queue related, they are of equal complexity, and clearly uMMORPG can't have circled around the queue past Invector without Invector having been approved. Seems to me some shenanigans are going on.

rasto61 likes this.
  36. Whippets

Whippets

If you're a trusted dev, asset updates go through almost instantly, else it's a full check which can take a month or more.

37. ceebeee

ceebeee

Well why wouldn't Invector be a trusted Dev? They have the best selling and longest running TPS system on the asset store.

38. TonyLi

TonyLi

This was a function that they rolled out in the first year or so of the Asset Store's existence and didn't continue. In fact, they're phasing out that capability for those early publishers. Invector wasn't on the Asset Store in the first year.

Submissions can occasionally get stuck in the queueing system in a way that the Asset Store reviewers don't even see it. If Invector suspects that this might be the case, they should reply to the support ticket that was auto-generated when they submitted. If they didn't receive a support ticket email, that's a good clue that the submission is stuck, in which case they should open a new support case by contacting support (at) unity3d.com.

SisusCo and ceebeee like this.
  39. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I have been submitting assets for a while now and with my later asses it was much faster. I just submitted my most expensive pack last night but my concern right now is that I didn't receive any formal email from Unity. You know the one they say that it takes 2 weeks to approve! On my publisher profile it says pending review. Just curious has this happened before to anyone?

40. TonyLi

TonyLi

It happens to about 1 out of every 10 submissions for me. And every time that emails were not sent, the Asset Store team didn't actually receive the submission and asked me to resubmit.

However, in the Asset Publishers section (which you should definitely join if you haven't already), the Asset Store Content Manager, Salvatore, wrote on Friday:

So maybe it worked even though you didn't get the email. But I doubt it.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  41. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

So should I resubmit then? I'll try it again. Thanks for the info, this is the first time it happened. Perhaps I was too tired and deleted the email but I'm sure I didn't notice it. So submitting more than one time isn't a problem?

It definitely said it's a pending package. Should I make a new draft out of the pending one and resubmit?

42. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I wish there was a way to confirm the packages was send other than the submission email...

43. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

I just submitted again and still no email, I think it must be something else, who can I contact? Nvm I went on the publisher forum! ;)

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  44. TonyLi

TonyLi

I've had to reupload and submit as many as 5 times before. And I confirmed with a support ticket that this was what I had to do.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  45. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Doing that with a 2G pack is gonna kill me! Now I'm afraid the pack didn't upload. :confused: But I'm not really sure what the problem is, it could be something else until someone confirms it didn't get sent.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  46. SisusCo

SisusCo

I have been waiting for three months now for my asset to get through the review process :(
    It's been stuck in the "Package Test Status: In progress" phase for 90% of this time.

I tried contacting support over a month ago, but haven't received a reply yet (except for the automated email).

I wonder if my asset has somehow fallen through the cracks, or if the review process can actually take this long. My asset is a pretty complex one, but three months in testing still seems like total overkill.

I might need to try the resubmission trick discussed above, although the submission process is quite time-consuming with my asset, and I'm afraid I'll be pushed to the back of the queue again, so I'd rather wait until I get official word from Unity's support team first.

47. TonyLi

TonyLi

If you didn't receive the 2 emails for each Unity version that you submitted, you absolutely need to resubmit. Neither Unity's support team nor their Asset Store team will be able to do anything to take it any further unless you resubmit.

Your package can still be approved and made available on the Asset Store while Package Test Status is still in progress. Those two operations (approval and test status) are basically independent of each other.

SisusCo likes this.
  48. SisusCo

SisusCo

I appreciate the help, TonyLi!

I now received a response from Unity support, and their advice was indeed also to resubmit the package.

I uploaded a new package using the Asset Store Tools and was able to submit it for approval as a new version of my asset through the publisher portal. This time around I got the two emails stating that my asset has been submitted for review!

TonyLi likes this.
  49. SisusCo

SisusCo

Hi again! Just came back to let you all know how things ended up going with me.

Here's a recap of my experience of trying to get my asset through the Asset Store approval process:

4/24 (Day 0)
    I Submitted my asset (Power Inspector) for review. I didn't receive any confirmation emails from Unity.
    In the publisher portal listing for my package it said "Package Test Status: In Progress", so I figured everything was progressing along nicely.
    I had read multiple accounts about people experiencing wait times as long as a month, so I waited patiently...

6/25 (Day 62)
    I finally decided to contact Unity Support about the long wait (yes, I'm way too patient). Maybe everyone at Unity is just really busy this time of the year? I patiently waited for an answer. I never got one.

7/30 (Day 97)
    I tried contacting Unity Support again. I also started desperately scouring the internet for any help, and stumbled upon this thread.

7/31 (Day 98)
    First contact! This time Unity support answered me. They told me to resubmit my asset.

8/1 (Day 99)
    I resubmitted my project as instructed. This time I received the two emails from Unity - yay! Everything seemed fine to me at first...

8/5 (Day 103)
    I visited the publisher portal to check on the status of my package. The new package I had uploaded a few days ago was nowhere to be found. Only the package which I had originally uploaded was listed, this time with the state "deprecated". I contact Unity Support again, explaining the situation.
    This time they get back to me within the same day, but only to ask me some additional questions. I answer the questions and ask then what I should do next.

8/6 (Day 104)
    Unity Support gets back to me and tells me to resubmit the asset again.
    They also tell me I should change my publisher website to something with a portfolio of at least 3 examples of past work. They give Unity Connect as an example and refer me to Section 2.1.f of the Submission Guidelines.

8/13 (Day 111)
    One of the examples given in the Section 2.1.f of the Submission Guidelines for a professional 3rd-party service to use as your publisher webpage is LinkedIn. Since I already had a LinkedIn page, I decided to use it as my publisher webpage, given that my own website (sisus.co) was still under construction. I made sure it was up-to-date and included many examples of past work.
    I resubmitted my project, got the two emails, triple-checked that my new package was listed correctly in my publisher portal, and started waiting patiently...

8/24 (Day 122)
    After 11 days with no answer, I was starting to get worried again, and so I contacted Unity Support again to ascertain that my package had reached the Asset Store team. I don't get any answer for a few days, but then...

8/27 (Day 125)
    I get an email stating that my package has been declined. They say that they do not accept personal LinkedIn accounts for the publisher website.
    So, I ended up setting my webpage live, building a new portfolio page there from scratch, setting up that as my publisher webpage, and resubmitting my project - all within the same day (probably out of sheer frustration with the whole situation).

8/28 (Day 126)
    Power Inspector finally makes it through the approval process! I can hardly believe it actually happened after all these months.

And that's that. Hopefully my story will be of some help to someone out there in a similar situation.

What I've learned from this experience:
    1. Make sure you receive two emails from Unity Technologies after you've submitted your package. For my asset the titles for the emails were as follows:
      1. "[Request received] A$ Submission 140430 : Power Inspector (5.6.7f1)"
      2. "Unity Asset Store package 'Power Inspector - 0.9.6 Beta (Unity 5.6)' has been submitted for review"
    2. Check that you can see the package you submitted in your publisher portal's packages section listed under "Pending Review". After a few days, maybe check again.
    3. If you don't get the emails, or your package is not listed in the pending review section, contact Unity Support.
    4. If your package is not approved within a couple of weeks, contact Unity Support.
    5. If Unity Support doesn't get back to you within a week, contact them again.

Ryiah and dogzerx2 like this.
  50. dogzerx2

dogzerx2

Wow.. Finally, congratulations!! Sorry you had to experience such extraordinary delay :-(

SisusCo likes this.