Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store Submission Process Video Template Images

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, May 18, 2011.

1. Art Of Bytes

Art Of Bytes

Hi guys,

I have noticed that assets accept/reject takes a really long since spring. I took more than 3 weeks for every asset we've submitted. And the last package was rejected without any explanation and e-mail.

Are there any reason for such a changes in the process? Are there any hints what shall we do to improve our experience?

Thank you for any answer in advance

2. jerotas

jerotas

It happened to me on my first asset (rejected with no response). That's far from the norm, but if you email Caitlyn she will look it over and give you a reason why it was rejected. I know there were a few conventions they attend which may cause delay and that might just be bad timing as far as 3 weeks submission. If you haven't heard anything within one week, I would also ping Caitlyn and ask for status.

3. Art Of Bytes

Art Of Bytes

Thank you :)

Have written e-mail, will see if it helps!

Cheers!

4. BigToe

BigToe

Thanks for the detailed post. I am about to submit and the whole thing is making me nervous where my files are going to end up. I'm trying to get certain folders into the Editor folder and others into Plugins.

Just to clarify the folder you select after step 7 is the "Assets Folder"?

Thanks in Advance!

5. Arkade

Arkade

Hey, @caitlyn @Adam Buckner @jdrewsen

The video Caitlyn posted at the start of this thread seems broken -- is it still current?

The video supplier "23 Video" shows through with a message "This site is not available". I've attached a screenshot of how it looks (on Chrome). I've tried on a different browser (IE11) and another device -- same result. On mobile, the "23 Video" message also says "Sorry, the video website you're trying to reach is not available."

20140705-UnityAssetStoreVideo.png

Also, the header image "http://blogs.unity3d.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/thumbnail-512x200.jpg" is truncated, looking rather unprofessional -- the parts missing are both sets of words "Unity" and "Asset Store"! It also looks like it's at an inappropriate resolution. All-in-all below Unity's usual high par :)

Hope this helps get these bits fixed for future users. Thanks, Rupert.

6. Arkade

Arkade

BitGamey likes this.
  7. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I want to add a video in the images area of the new asset i am submitting (GI PROXY Indirect Illumination)

How is that possible ? I can only upload images, videos are not accepted

Thanks

Here is an example:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/17826

EDIT: This has been answered in my thread in support, so i will leave the answer here for anyone else interested

Last edited: Aug 25, 2014
  8. Frank_Geppert

Frank_Geppert

"Add the link into your package description and the store will parse and then add them to the gallery. A blank anchor tag to your video will do the trick."

Can you please explain this? I can not do this properly :(
    Where to put blank anchor?

9. nasos_333

nasos_333

This is the format that worked for me in GI Proxy pack

<a href=""><strong>Video</strong></a>

And in the href quotes, the youtube video

http://www.youtube.com/
    watch?v=1KaXwJBcTEw

10. NathanHale1776

NathanHale1776

Video is broken, now plays "video killed the radio star" very annoying.

11. nasos_333

nasos_333

The videos are now handled from the site, so the best way to be sure is to make a draft, insert videos there and then will show properly i suppose.

The store tools are broken and is not possible to upload a pack, i have been trying for days, so i cant test that theory yet.

3dFoin likes this.
  12. 3dFoin

3dFoin

nasos there's new part on the website account where you can create a pack, and then you use package upload in Unity tool to upload the content I think

13. nasos_333

nasos_333

Indeed, i found out later :)

Now there are sections for both images and videos, which is cool

3dFoin likes this.
  14. iNoMore

iNoMore

I have a question, can I include in the demo scenes for my asset (if its a scripting asset) models from a free asset?
    For example if I have a controller script as an asset, can I use a free model for the demo scenes included with the asset?

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Generally no, you have to make sure the asset is available to make such use of

Unity own samples are possible to include for example, 3rd party free assets not, unless they are specifically mentioned as public domain for example

16. hakankaraduman

hakankaraduman

The link in the first post doesn't work. Where can I learn how to submit an asset package

17. Talavaj

Talavaj

Oh brother, the approval process in here is downright awful. No documentation on how to use the store tools, a video tutorial seemingly broken and outdated for years ! incredibly slow upload speeds, even slower approval process, incoherent store UI that randomly decides to crop materials as it pleases.
    Broken uploader that seemingly refuses to work as soon as it goes into the background !

I uploaded a package nearly 2 weeks ago expecting some standards from the biggest distributor on the market but received service worse than one would get from 3dmodelsfree.ru !
    I guess Unity is going the Steam route "the bigger we get the less quality you get from us".

Last edited: Jun 20, 2015
    hakankaraduman likes this.