Search Unity

Asset Store Submission Error (Unity Team feedback needed!)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AlteredReality, Jan 17, 2012.

1. AlteredReality

AlteredReality

I have been having issues with an asset store submission, and I would really like to get some feedback from the Unity Asset Store team as to what is happening, and how to fix it.

I originally posted my concerns in a separate thread here: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/119792-Asset-Store-Package-manager-broken-right-now

However, I felt like I was kind of hi-jacking the thread with it, so wanted to post my own thread. For more details, you can read my posts on the other thread. But here is the short quick version:

• Submitted my asset, Sage on 1/7/2011. (Also happened around the same time as some asset store issues)
    • In admin page, asset always listed as "New" with size as "N/A"
    • No change in status or email from unity for 6 days.
    • Emailed the asset store team on 1/13/2011 about issues.
    • Received response in morning of 1/16/2011, indicating it was simply in queue.
    • An hour later, status changed to "Error" with size still as "N/A".
    • Replied to asset store team email, indicating the change. They replied that I should get some email.
    • No email received, so I resubmitted the package that evening (1/16), assuming it was an error with submission.
    • And now that version shows the same status and size as the original submission.
    • I also replied to the Asset Store teams last email, indicating that I had resubmitted, and that the error showed up. But I have yet to receive another response.

So, that leaves me where I am now. I have no idea what problems are holding up the release of my latest product. I have worked very hard to get this finished and released by a certain time, so I am very disappointed to be running into these issues.

Could someone on the Unity team please help me figure out what is happening with this so things can move along? Any help or insight into this issue would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. BHS

BHS

I feel your frustration, I had the same problem mine kept saying new, but hasn't changed to error yet. They emailed me and told me to get the latest version of the Asset Store Tools; apparently they just released one today and it caused these problems, and it should fix the problem. I'm resubmitting my asset for the 4th time hopefully it works. I'll let you know if my problem has been resolved when it's finished submitting.

Keeping things professional, that is one problem with Unity and the Asset Store is that they don't reply efficiently or professionally with the people who are supplying them assets. I know they're busy, but stuff like this costs us time and money. It'd be nice to get an asset accepted in a few hours rather than a few days or even weeks. Problems like the above wouldn't be such a big deal if we were waiting hours.

Edit: Never mind, doing the above ^^ worked for me. It just takes a few minutes for the status to change.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  3. AlteredReality

AlteredReality

OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH! I just took your advice and resubmitted the package using 2.12 that was release today. And immediately, it shows the size and the status of "Pending Review". I'm so happy it can actually be reviewed now. Although I am very frustrated that I have lost a week and a half due to submission errors. I really wish this was addressed directly by Unity and resolved quickly.

I just hope things go smoothly from here.

Thanks again!

4. AlteredReality

AlteredReality

Also, it is worth noting that with Asset Store Tools 2.12, the required size of "big.png" has changed. It was previously 850x389 and it now says it requires a size of 860x389. I am not sure if this was an intentional change or not, so I figured I'd mention it here so it can be known.

5. BHS

BHS

Your welcome, I'm glad it's working for you. They made up for the bug, my asset has already been accepted. Hopefully your asset will be accepted as soon as mine, as we both had to wait more than usual due to the error.

6. CatOnTheRoof

CatOnTheRoof

Hey AlteredReality!

Good to know you are solving your problems ;-) I've just submitted once again our Art Packs. I checked everything twice, re-imported models into Unity, and eventually did what you suggested about the export-pack and importing it onto a blank project. I honestly didin't know what else to change/do. I agree that the Unity feedback concerning Assets is quite slow and some issues that cause a rejected Pack (such as a shader not connected) are a huge waste of time. I hope they figure out a way to improve this system. And cross fingers so our Pack gets approved :p

7. JFFM

JFFM

Thankyou so much to everybody here, I have been obsessively refreshing my browser for the past week.

I will report back, and your champagne will subsequently be in the mail.

-JF

8. JFFM

JFFM

I particularly enjoyed the 10 pixel change in image size requirements. That was the delicious severed-toe in the cupcake of my Asset Store Submission adventure ;)

10.88% uploaded!