Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Asset Store site upgrade

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanisAssetStore, Apr 29, 2019.

1. MrG

MrG

Seriously?!? :(

upload_2019-10-15_18-52-59.png

SandboxRuckus and JBR-games like this.
  2. MrG

MrG

How many of the pictured products are on sale? Not obvious, is it?

upload_2019-10-15_18-57-31.png

JBR-games likes this.
  3. Rowlan

Rowlan

Looks like there is a problem with the review system. If you compare Gaia Pro and Gaia, both pages loaded at the same time:

review-mix.png

JBR-games likes this.
  4. JBR-games

JBR-games

At publisher requests unity transfers over reviews from previous/unrelated assets...while being able te remove all the previous bad ratings..
    Shady practice imo..

5. hopeful

hopeful

I just noticed that the new store allows for a much bigger product sample picture, and left / right arrows to scroll through the picture list. Yay! :)

JBR-games likes this.
  6. hopeful

hopeful

... And, if I'm not mistaken, they made the product sample pictures small again ... sigh.

JBR-games likes this.
  7. FargleBargle

FargleBargle

You get pictures? When I try to look at preview images or videos of assets now, all I see is a black screen, with a filmstrip at the bottom that allows me to select other images - which also come up black. Here's what I mean:
    Unity Store Blackout.jpg
    I was just there a couple of weeks ago, and everything was fine, but it looks like they're using a new image viewer now - the filmstrip at the bottom looks new anyway - so maybe they need to tweak it a bit, so it actually does something. I'm sure a lot of customers are reluctant to buy things sight unseen, so this seems fairly urgent. :(

KarlGG and JBR-games like this.
  8. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah, I do get images. Video too, though as I tested it on my tablet it was buggy, with the video soundtrack still playing after I clicked onward onto pictures and was browsing those.

With my tablet in landscape, the filmstrip basically destroyed the picture / video frame. There wasn't enough room. Probably better to have a vertical filmstrip in that situation, or none.

JBR-games likes this.
  9. hopeful

hopeful

I noticed last night that the UAS now highlights our purchased assets on vendor pages, which is great. :)

Also, that bug with the store page not properly refreshing in relation to logon has been fixed.

JBR-games likes this.
  10. Jes28

Jes28

New Image Viewer on asset store is nice but now we lack of immediate image swap.
    Many Asset store Authors fill images with difference on view and we can fast swap between them to understand difference. Now with swap animation it is too hard to understand that difference.

Please add option to swap images without animation

11. Okannn

Okannn

Is it necessary to show us image viewer window when we click to thumbnail? It would be much better to just switch images with thumbnail clicks. Put there an icon to maximize the view and open image viewer window for people who wants to see in full size. And please remove swap animation.

On wide screen, store page wastes lots of space on sides. You can utilize it to put bigger image view. With horizontal and scrollable thumbnails it would be better then the current one. "+X" text under the thumbnails is not needed at all. Just make scroll there.

JBR-games likes this.
  12. cedsse12345

cedsse12345

I still remember there is a feature called "3D models in this package" in the old asset store (before Apr 30, 2019), shows how vertices and triangles are. This just appear only few days and then removed.
    How about recover this feature in the new asset store? I'll wait for a good reply :)

13. hopeful

hopeful

I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but the above post reminded me that on some assets, the asset preview feature is absolutely useless. You click on the assets in the package and nothing at all shows, just the Unity logo.

I was looking, for instance, at one of the "snap" projects, and EVERY SINGLE asset in the kit was basically "hidden" from the previewer. No way to evaluate it.

A few weeks ago I was looking at a ground texture pack I saw on the asset store, and I wanted to see if they had normals, height maps, and the like. I noticed that some or all of the normal maps weren't blue, and I contact the author of the pack, and he said so far as he knew the normals were fine. He had no explanation for why on the asset store preview they didn't show as blue.

14. Rowlan

Rowlan

Can we please get options that allow us to filter by certain Unity criteria? Example: for which exact Unity version an asset is supposed to work. Which HDRP version, etc.

dgoyette, JBR-games and KarlGG like this.
  15. NeatWolf

NeatWolf

Hi there!

Support just forwarded/bumped me here to the forum to complain. Again :D

First time I opened this in the wrong place, but I'm linking it just the same because most of my feedback is there, and I've lost at least a full working day - the same day of the deadline of the project I am working on (such happiness) - because of overlapping Asset Store issues and bank disservices.

Here's a link to get you started about my nightmare-ish experience, very appropriate since it's almost Halloween :)
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/tim...pport-asked-to-post-here.769196/#post-5122859

Please don't take it personally, but I've been through quite an emotional turmoil because of this.
    Multiple times.
    During months.

My main complaints/feedbacks are (on Firefox stable version [Multi-Account containers, uBlock Origin, Privacy Badger, Disconnect, DecentralEyes, Sync Tab Groups] Win10Pro [VPN], desktop, gaming/development rig [can run Black&White :p ]):
    1. If you have more than 950 items saved in the "Saved for later" list, and you sum it up to about 50 in the cart, you're forever stuck, the "Proceed to Checkout" button will never enable (you fixed this only a few hours after my complaint, thank you :) )
    2. If you need to clean up that list from every asset you purchased, it will take ages, since the "Remove" operations are locking, instead of being asynchronous
    3. In the above situation, price calculations will fail (a good temporary compromise, but definitely non a long term solution)
    4. I wish I could decide whether to show the "Saved for Later" list or not, as it dramatically impacts on my shopping experience
    5. Maybe I'm saving my asset on a different list (I'm doing that in 10 lists) instead of clogging that one, so it would be cool to instead have a dropdown menu to be shown only IF I decide to, and only the list I chose
    6. Add paging to long lists, the same kind you're using to show common assets. 96, or, better, 100 would be a good maximum per-page value, since currently lists are capped at 100 elements
    7. Please remove the cap of 100 element per list. I own over 7K assets and I can't properly categorize them in groups of 100. I had to create "Somelist 01", "Somelist 02", "Somelist XX". That's just terrible if I need to have a good overview of a certain category of assets
    8. Add support for asset Multiselect and list management tools. Merge/Move to Cart/Remove Purchased on each list.
    9. Same for the cart, I'd love to be able to temporarily save my "medium priority" cart to a new List (or merge with an existing one), purchase a single "high priority" asset, and move the list I created back to the cart.
    10. It takes hours to move asset manually from a list to another.
    11. It takes hours to remove assets manually from the cart (Thanks for adding that "Clear cart" button I requested a while ago, that alone is priceless). If you have to move away only a part of the cart for reasons I'm about to explain, it takes ages.
    12. you can't purchase more than 40-60 assets in a single order. It's likely to timeout. You're forced to split an order to smaller ones. Some business consultants do charge according to the number of invoices.
      So yes, prices do not scale linearly when you have to split invoices and multiply them by 4 or 5. There's a significant overhead. And it costs more. No bonuses for bulk purchases? Not even a 5% discount? That's sad :(
    13. Please extend the server timeouts! I know it sounds bad and classist, but maybe people spending "a lot", deserve to have a better shopping experience. Or, at least, an experience that is not increasingly worse than the average user, at the very least. So maybe make it proportional to the "loyalty" of the user?
    14. If you have lots of assets in the cart, you can't remove them. Well, you can, but they will never disappear even after locking you and letting you wait for a few minutes, forcing you to a full refresh (which was a terrible thing until the change you did yesterday, which let other queries fail or succeed silently)
      I was about to open another ticket (with accompanying video recording) about this, but I guess I'm going to get forwarded to this thread again. Also, I spent 2 more hours to finally make my purchases.
    15. Please add back "upgrade" discounts when calculating the price of the assets all around the store, not only when clicking on a particular asset.
    16. Please show again the "Upgrade paths" a user has access to when purchasing an asset. Both ways, possibly (previous version <=> new version) I really miss that feature.
    17. When purchasing a bundle would be cool to also be able to purchase the separated assets down the upgrade tree at a convenient price.

I'm not sure about where is the last answer I got from Support, since I read it on mobile, but now on PC I can't find it anymore, but:

18: after all this, I'd advise to tell the Support to not advertise to purchase "Premium Support" to get support on purchasing things, it's like putting fire on fire :D
    (again, I can't find this last message I received on mobile anywhere now. Maybe I just dreamt about it)

And now, spare time, I still have to manually move, one by one, those 700 items left in the "Saved for Later" list in 10 separate minilists (since they're capped to 100 elements), to avoid further issues.

It's about 3 minutes per item or a bit less by opening multiple tabs with the list in the browser.
    Yay.
    Tha't s about 35 working hours.

About a whole working week, but I will eventually succeed :p

Apologies for the wall of text.

Cheers,
    Alex

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
    JBR-games and KarlGG like this.
  16. Rich_A

Rich_A

JimmyCushnie, JBR-games and Jes28 like this.
  17. hopeful

hopeful

SandboxRuckus, JBR-games and Jes28 like this.
  18. wood333

wood333

Try Unreal

19. protopop

protopop

The store just changed for me (I'm in Canada). I like it, I would just maybe add a popup about what the licenses mean directly - site, seat etc - instead of sending us to the EULA. Or have a dedicated easy explain license faq. Otherwise I think it looks great:)

Screen Shot 2019-11-13 at 12.25.21 PM.png

AndrewAssetStore likes this.
  20. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

There is currently an a/b test happening with our latest product pages. 50% of users will see the new design. Thanks for the feedback!

protopop and JBR-games like this.
  21. robot-ink

robot-ink

Is checkout broken? I'm getting a half-rendered broken payment page. Tried from inside Unity, Chrome, Firefox.

edit: nevermind. looks like blocking tracking sites will stop you from checking out...

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    JBR-games likes this.
  22. JBR-games

JBR-games

I had no issue earier today..

23. metalslugx3

metalslugx3

FEEDBACK - BUG

In the new asset store design when I have the "Package Content" tab selected, I cannot right-click the page anymore. Selecting a different tab (Description, Releases, Reviews) fixes this.

I am on Firefox 70.0.1 64-bit.

24. HUIYA

HUIYA

* Please excause my english skill.

1. Old AssetStore ( https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/41795 )
    스크린샷 2019-11-14 오후 7.43.15.png

2. Current AssetStore ( https://assetstore.unity.com/detail/3d/characters/animals/herdsim-cat-41795 )
    스크린샷 2019-11-14 오후 7.44.21.png

* Other assets have the same issues.
    * Look at the red squares.

'Release date' is displayed differently.

I've filtered recent dates from the old Asset Store to see which assets have changed, but I can't see these assets through filtering in the new Asset Store.

Please reflect the dates of all changes, like the old Asset Store

SandboxRuckus and JBR-games like this.
  25. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

Nooo! not the end of November!

Attached Files:

mgear likes this.
  26. hopeful

hopeful

This seems premature. They don't have the invoice situation resolved yet, do they?

UPDATE: I checked, and no, you still can't match up an asset with an invoice using the new asset store. The only version that works is the old asset store.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019 at 10:15 PM
  27. mgear

mgear

just tried to download asset in editor from asset store, download button doesn't work,
    clicked revert to old store, download button works instantly.. so yeah : /

JBR-games and sjm-tech like this.
  28. Rowlan

Rowlan

From what I noticed an asset appears as updated when only the description changes. It has nothing to do with the file which is very confusing.

29. hopeful

hopeful

I wonder why Unity is rushing to remove the old asset store? It's definitely not because they've finished with the new one. The new asset store is not ready to take the place of the old one.

sjm-tech likes this.
  30. Antypodish

Antypodish

Maybe they want to reduce intake of crap assets? :D

31. hopeful

hopeful

Looking at the latest changes to the store, it looks like they are abandoning the idea of posting larger pictures to show model details. :(

32. TonyLi

TonyLi

Unity is introducing new requirements for asset screenshots. Publishers must provide screenshots that are at least 1200 pixels wide. Their recommended template is 2018x1152.

hopeful likes this.
  33. HUIYA

HUIYA

Sorry. My explanation was lacking.

I used an 'updated' filter at OLD assetstore to find assets when asset publishers sold their products at a discount.
    At that time, even if the price and description only changed without changing the file configuration, it was reflected in the update date and I can searched through the 'updated' filter at OLD assetstore.

Put simply, I would like to have an 'Updated' filter from the old Asset Store.

capture_old_assetstore.png

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019 at 9:42 AM
    SandboxRuckus likes this.
  34. hopeful

hopeful

There is a "sort by recently updated." That's what I use to see what's new in the store every day.