Search Unity

1. Calling all beginners! Join the FPS Beginners Mods Challenge until December 13.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. It's Cyber Week at the Asset Store!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Asset Store site upgrade

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanisAssetStore, Apr 29, 2019.

1. ibyte

ibyte

@malkere Just curious if you search by Publisher does your new asset show up?

2. katasteel

katasteel

I was forced to download Unity 2019.1 just to download a model "Common Rat" because it said:
    Supported Unity versions
    2019.1.10 or higher

Then I exported it and opened it in my version without a problem.
    Just let people download it, but warn them it may not work correctly.

Also I can't see my older items and items I have labeled #bin anymore.
    The only way I could access them was to go to completed orders, click on the asset and download it from there.

This is just unacceptable.

atorisa, JBR-games and StevenPicard like this.
  3. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

Hi,

When we click on Download on an Asset Store page in Unity, the package is downloaded into "~\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Unity Technologies\Unity EssentialsSample Projects" or into "~\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store-5.x\Unity Technologies\Unity EssentialsAsset Packs" according to the type of asset we are downloading.

Could we choose where to download these packages in the future? Thanks.

JBR-games and StevenPicard like this.
  4. JBR-games

JBR-games

Being able able to download any package reguardless of unity version would be great... (With a warning)..

5. Rallix

Rallix

It would be very handy to be able to set a custom location for the Asset Store packages. They can easily take up gigabytes in terms of your storage space – and some people don't have space to waste on their 'main' drive.

@APSchmidt – As a temporary workaround, you can set up a symbolic link. Something like (Windows cmd):
    mklink /d "%AppData%/Unity/Asset Store-5.x" "your/new/custom/folder"
    Delete (or rename & move) the existing Asset Store-5.x folder before running the command. It's not ideal, but I'm using it for a long while and it works – Asset Store packages will then be downloaded and updated in your custom folder.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
  6. malkere

malkere

Nope. The assets weren't even on the list. The old store has 168 assets for me on it while the new store only has 163.

It is showing up now that time has passed. It wasn't post purchase for the odd 30 minutes I repeatedly tried to search via name/publishers though.

hopeful likes this.
  7. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

Please talk to support@unity3d.com if you believe some of your purchased assets are missing from your asset list. #bin label doesn't mean delete, it has been renamed to hidden assets in the new design and you can filter them by status.

8. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

Uh, kind of like Unity "networking", but forgive me for being off-topic. Grand ideas, all the originals killed off, but no replacement.

9. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

Fair enough, force unity version doesn't make sense for pure 3d assets without srp. Hope it isn't bring you too much trouble. We also hope publisher can understand the upload unity version matters user coverage.

10. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

A fix is deployed, can you help double check if the fix works for your issue? thanks

JBR-games likes this.
  11. katasteel

katasteel

It is working now.
    Thanks for being on top of these issues.

JBR-games and haomin1 like this.
  12. malkere

malkere

Seems to be yes.

haomin1 likes this.
  13. Nyphur

Nyphur

The new label system doesn't work, unfortunately. Adding a new label to an asset does create the label and seems to add it to the asset, but it doesn't save the label to the actual asset. Refreshing the page I found them all blank again, and the label lists are empty.

The UX for the new label system is also a bit odd. When you click Add Label, it opens a popup that lets you type in the name of the label, but this is only ideal for creating a new label. It should really have a checkbox list of all your existing labels below the text box. The "+" button on the text box doesn't actually do anything so I don't know why that's there. Clicking on the text box brings up a dropdown with all your existing tags, but you can only add one in this way. As soon as you add one, the dropdown breaks and you have to exit and re-enter the popup to get it to work again or type the full name of each additional tag manually.

Browser: Chrome

JBR-games likes this.
  14. nasos_333

nasos_333

+1000 for this, i would like to keep a full backup of all assets in a separate HDD, now i am limited in space and cant even keep a few of the hundred i have bought

JBR-games and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  15. malkere

malkere

I've been using the symlink hack for years for that exact problem because there isn't the option to change it... which is just a folder path right? Why is that something that hasn't been added for years now?

KarlGG, JBR-games, Akshara and 4 others like this.
  16. sxa

sxa

Is the new store now being forced on V1 holdouts by the backdoor? Ive just discovered that one brand-new UT package (Micro-Games: Platformer) is not visible to the 'Old Store', either inside Unity or a standalone browser, but it is visible in the V3 store. How does that happen?
    This is consistent across more than one computer.

17. Toad

Toad

Assets in 'My Assets' aren't showing as having an update available, even though they do have an update available.

If I sort the list by 'Recently Updated' I can see that some of the assets have been updated over the last few days, but the only option available in the list is Import. These are assets that I have previously downloaded.

Selecting the 'Update available' Status returns the message: 'We couldn't find any assets'.

If I click on one of the assets and click on 'View Full Details' I then see the 'Update' option.

I assume this isn't the expected behaviour and the process to update assets is supposed to be quicker/simpler than this?

18. drcfrx

drcfrx

On Win7 & Unity2017
    Excellent additions to the My Assets, like Labels are much better (at least for me :p), so thank you Unity.

However now i'm stuck with old labels of which I have duplicates like Weapon, weapon, Weapons... I'd like to be able to merge some (maybe by selecting a number of Labels on the right column and having a "Merge" button somewhere not too obvious to avoid accidental merging (or a confirmation before).

Also the ability to modifiy a Label would be nice, in case of mispelling or such.

Thank you!

19. transat

transat

The in-editor asset store... it works!! Wow. Speed seems ok for now and there are many UX improvements (like renaming "archive"). Still room for improvement but my first impressions of V4 of the store are good. Well done Unity.

JBR-games likes this.
  20. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

No, all the packages are sync between the old store and the new store. If you can't find it on the old store maybe just because the search engine can't index to it due to the special characters in the name.

JBR-games likes this.
  21. KarlGG

KarlGG

For me, V3 is still painfully slow, even just to scroll down the hidden "old store" button, it's excruciating and stutters... but the old store loads fine and I can even scroll up and down with the images loading. My internet is slow, but somehow V3 is still slower than that. It's been months and months since I bothered to let V2 fully load in the editor, so I can't compare V2 to V3.

It would be super-nice if you could just get to your downloads without having to deal with loading the "store" first at all. But we're not getting super-nice any time soon.

JBR-games likes this.
  22. JBR-games

JBR-games

my favorites page need to have an option to show more than a handful of assets at once.
    also some of the search filters for mobile are missing things like "added"..

23. jedai747

jedai747

24. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

Unity

You are missing a very handy feature that the old store has that the new one does not. It is called "Notifications"
    Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 4.18.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 4.24.23 PM.png
    Would love for you to put this back on the front page.

Thanks

25. Rallix

Rallix

^ Yes. Or at least show something like this.

It's annoying that we have to open the submenu and go to the notification page to check if there's something new.

26. YuriBazila

YuriBazila

Website does not work
    How is that possible? I have a good workstation machine but the assets store website loads the whole cpu and still does not work. Please fix that, it is unusable

27. Muhamad_Faizol

Muhamad_Faizol

I can't update my assets, and every time I tried downloading, the download progress always stuck at 0%, and this has been going on for a few weeks. Now I have more than 100 assets with "Update" labels as most assets have been updated to be in sync with the latest Unity version. Please fix this.

28. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

Why must you make the interface so big and bulky on the new store you can't read what the asset is even called because of the Oversize page elements. Can you please rethink this choice.

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 8.19.44 PM.png

Look how nice Version 1 asset store looks (below) using the same screen space as the new store (above).

Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 8.19.59 PM.png

Thanks

29. malkere

malkere

This, this, and this. I care very little about anything else but this. The new store is so bulky and ugly that it's immensely more difficult to navigate. So is the new Learn site, which was REALLY GOOD before, and now is entirely unusable. Whoever on your staff thinks that big and bulky looks good needs to be moved to a different department. We want usability, not looks.

KarlGG and StevenPicard like this.
  30. Antypodish

Antypodish

They don't care about PC user experience. So I doubt about any changes on that matter. This is issue almost in any area of Unity web design.

31. malkere

malkere

KarlGG and hopeful like this.
  32. hopeful

hopeful

Yeah, I wasn't happy with how they transformed the Learn area. Now it is useless, for me at least. It's made me seek out alternatives.

KarlGG likes this.
  33. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

That's weird since most of the Unity game developments take place on a Desktop where you have to access the store to import and download your assets. You would think that's who they should be caring about the most.

34. katasteel

katasteel

I can't import my asset. It just keeps updating from 1% to 100% then does nothing.
    Button never changes from "download" to "import".
    Trying to import "Dungeon Pack" so I can get a few of the FBX files from it.

35. Antypodish

Antypodish

Do it from Inside of Unity.

36. mgear

mgear

is asset store search broken? seems to return same results no matter what you search..

*and theres console log error spam
    uncaught exception: Object

Ony likes this.
  37. chingwa

chingwa

Search seems OK on my end.

38. mgear

mgear

actually it doesn't seem to filter anything..

if seach for fish:

upload_2019-10-9_16-3-37.png

if search for house:

upload_2019-10-9_16-4-14.png

Ony and SandboxRuckus like this.
  39. Antypodish

Antypodish

Works for me
    https://assetstore.unity.com/?q=fish&orderBy=0
    upload_2019-10-9_15-11-1.png

Having only one eror
    upload_2019-10-9_15-13-12.png

What is your search bar link?
    What browser you are using?
    Any addons / plugins which may potentially block things?
    Trying different browser?
    Trying on mobile?

40. mgear

mgear

using firefox, tested disabling plugins and adblockers, still same.

if i use that search url to go, that works,
    but if i type into the search box, it doesnt..

*ok, seems to be something to do with login, network error message is "csrf token mismatch"
    if i'm logged out, search works.

if i go to asset store page, log-out and log-in, search works.

41. Antypodish

Antypodish

Oh since I remember, on my mobile I can not even view asset store. It redirects me to login and forces to view already purchased assets. No other option to view Asset Store products.

42. hopeful

hopeful

The store has been broken for me today. It only shows the same page, whether I select page 1, 2, 3, etc.

In addition, when I click to revert to the old asset store ... it won't. ;)

43. mgear

mgear

same here.. need to logout, then paging works.

hopeful likes this.
  44. hopeful

hopeful

Thanks! That worked. :)

45. JBR-games

JBR-games

Still have considerable lag in editor.. Its somewhat usable atleast but several minute lag anytime i change what im searching for.. If i have 100 assets instead of 25 its even slower .. I do have 1200 assets.

The old version is still faster... I think its lagging while it looks through all my already downloaded assets still ,which is stupid. Load my search reaults make the editor unfreeze then look through whats already downloaded in the background while i figure what i even want to get.. (Being able to download my purchased assets in a timely manor is much more important than being told which assets i can update.. )

KarlGG likes this.
  46. hopeful

hopeful

FWIW, if you are looking for which asset is on which invoice, you still have to go to the old asset store. I'm very much hoping they improve the invoice lookup on the new version before the old one goes away. The new invoice lookup is basically useless, so far as I can see.

KarlGG and JBR-games like this.
  47. Rowlan

Rowlan

48. Mauri

Mauri

49. wood333

wood333

The new asset store seems a perfect match for developers who only own 5 or 10 store assets. I own hundreds, and the old store made it much easier to oversee and work with my assets.

My impression is that the new asset store is designed to sell, not to aid developers. I have attempted to use it over the past 5 or 6 months, and always reverted to the old store when I wanted to actually get something done. If the new asset store was better than the old, I would certainly have switched over during that period, just for convenience sake, if nothing else.

A sad move by Unity, similar to the failed "new" forum. Something poorly designed thrust upon us.

KarlGG and JBR-games like this.
  50. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Try the package manager my assets, it works pretty well already