Search Unity

Unity Asset Store site upgrade

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanisAssetStore, Apr 29, 2019.

1. jjwill06

jjwill06

Currently, My Assets list shows that I have no assets. It looks like an authentication issue, since I log in and then click on my assets and when I get there the Sign In link returns.

2. Telemnar

Telemnar

For me too , i see no assets on My Assets page and the Unity ID for my Organizations says "We're sorry, but something went wrong.
    We've been notified about this issue and we'll take a look at it shortly."

Edit: now it constantly trow out "!!! Failed to render view !!! Internal Server Error"

Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  3. Techips

Techips

I think the asset store is messed up page does not load correctly

4. Lurking-Ninja

Lurking-Ninja

5. TymNetwork

TymNetwork

I am NOT able to work with Unity today.

Cannot login to the assetstore either online webpage or inside my unity software.

I am trying to import an asset and now I am on ((pause)) until you fix it.

Thanks..

6. RadioactiveXP

RadioactiveXP

Is it me, or does the asset store plugin inside of unity not detect that there are updated versions of assets? I have about 100+ assets out of 3200 that have updates, but when I open them in unity's store page - my only option is to import.

7. transat

transat

@RadioactiveXP

1. Don't "archive" any assets – if you are currently doing this – it's pointless and confuses things when updating as it adds extra steps.
    2. Just click on "Update All" every time you open "My Assets".
    3. Check your system trash to see what items have been updated – Unity won't tell you. The asset packages won't all appear in the bin at once though, only when the actual update of that package begins.
    4. If any of the items in the trash correspond to packages in your project (check manually), then go back to the in-editor Store page (not the considerably slower "My Assets" page, and (re)import the assets from there.
    5. Repeat to be safe. Never know!

Unity are currently working on improving this workflow.

@AndrewAssetStore @JanisAssetStore In the meantime, can you recommend a faster workflow than the one above? Any tips?

8. RadioactiveXP

RadioactiveXP

Doesn't update all only update what is on the current page? I have 3200 assets... so getting them all loaded is quite a challenge to start with.

I dont archive them, but I have had quite a few instances where asking for help from the asset developer we finally end up determining that what the asset store has and what is downloaded are two different things, even if the asset store page says "import", meaning it supposedly checked to make sure I had the latest version.

Even using AssetManager, it shows there are version descrepencies between what I have and what the store has - that the only way I've been able to reconcile most of them is to physically delete the package file, and redownload the asset then

transat and StevenPicard like this.
  9. malkere

malkere

my saviour

JBR-games likes this.
  10. RadioactiveXP

RadioactiveXP

haha, you're funny. with 3200 assets, the old store doesnt load.

11. malkere

malkere

Sry, I wasn't trying to address you.
    I only have 165 assets, but the new store only shows me 3 of them at once in the editor window I use, doesn't show what version I currently have installed, and won't let me scroll after it loads until 20-25 seconds have passed. On the old downloads page I can see 8 assets at once, their current local version, and begin scrolling as soon as it's done loading which is only a couple seconds slower for me.
    On the store I can see 21 assets at once on the old version, 9 on the new.
    Obviously there are some upgrades if things are working better for users like you, but the layout is just horrendous in my opinion and I will continue to use the older version as long as I can or until the new store can aim for more functionality instead of flash, or whatever they're going for with giant and padded everything.

hopeful likes this.
  12. JBR-games

JBR-games

I have 1000+ assets and asset atore 1 is still far faster.. I can only imagine the lag on asset store v3 with 3200 assets.. How is v1 slower ? Initial load time i guess would be 5-10 mins.. But there shouldnt be any editor lag afterwards?

13. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Same. I am only able to use the old store for my assets in the editor.

JBR-games likes this.
  14. JBR-games

JBR-games

After thinking about it ,the editor lag in v3 seems to be based on how many /or file sizes of actual asset you already have downloaded. So you can have 3200 assets owned but if you only have say 1 gb/ or 50 downloaded on your computer version 3 will be a fair amount faster. Be interested in your thoughts..?

15. nasos_333

nasos_333

Hi,

I noticed that even though icons get smaller, they are not more assets on the page, which is another very big browsing ease factor. Previous store had 12 rows, now is only 8 rows.

If possible could this be expanded in the condensed version to include more asset icons in each page, so have to press many less times the numbers to move to next pages.

This will globally benefit everyone, since users can access the whole selection of the assets much faster.

Also i guess could put 4 columns as well as another option and include even more assets per page.

16. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

I have had the same problem since my asset list went over 400 items. I understand that all companies have priorities. Since assets are a big part of the cash flow of Unity, I would think that having a better web database strategy would be important. If I cannot download the purchased assets, then all these other innovations are useless. There are techniques like database indexing which would probably help. This problem has the classic fingerprint of a neglected database, as in a relational DB that was kind of half-ass to begin with, and it is getting worse over time, not better.

halley likes this.
  17. JBR-games

JBR-games

Covert to old store, very bottom left (basically hidden)

Honeslty the performance of the new store is so bad that its obvious that who ever wrote the code doesnt know what they are doing.. Or Unity is doing a bunch of extra data collection in the background.. And the fact its been this long with little to no real improvement.. Just wow !!

18. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

Please fix your new Store or just revert back to the Version 1 i'm tired of dealing with stupid problems that are slowing down my work flow. Like this gem: your new store thinks i'm not on line, i'm literally stream youTube tutorial videos as this popped up and i can't get it to refresh or go away.

Attached Files:

JBR-games likes this.
  19. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

v1 was a great store, now you cant event use it

JBR-games and malkere like this.
  20. 00christian00

00christian00

Why there isn't a notification icon in the new asset store?
    To see the notifications I have to click on my profile. In the old version I could immediately see the notifications.
    Please move it back.

hopeful and JBR-games like this.
  21. sxa

sxa

I really hope its a blip that the V1 store seems to be getting slower and less responsive as time goes on, instead of the results of a deliberate reassignment of resources or whatever. which is annoying because v3 still basically freezes the entire UI every other time I open My Assets inside Unity.

JBR-games likes this.
  22. JBR-games

JBR-games

Well it definitely hasn't got any love for quite some time now. I've also noticed noticed the way the latest assets update has changed we're as I used to be able to click in over the day and see as new stuff was added now it's in one large chunk which is annoying. The sales aren't shown. but at least for me the store is still much more responsive than V3 especially in the editor but also just visiting the website in general

23. elJoel

elJoel

The asset store at it's current state is absolutely unusable for me with both firefox and chrome, but it does work quite well in the editor. When I want to pay for an asset I need to use the browser though. There seems to be a memory leak ...
    upload_2019-6-14_2-25-29.png

JBR-games likes this.
  24. Kondor0

Kondor0

God! why is the asset search so slow?! I just want to import assets I bought in the past to a new project and it takes so long to load the list (despite only showing part of the assets) and it also freezes after searching, reloads and deletes my filter so I have to do it again. Maybe it's faster outside the Unity client but in this case I'm importing deprecated assets so I can't just use the browser.

StevenPicard, Jaimi and JBR-games like this.
  25. chingwa

chingwa

I see this has actually been fixed recently, very nice! Don't like that something simple like this took 2 months, but I'll take what I can get. :D

26. Rowlan

Rowlan

Finally we can see our purchased assets. Awesome & thank you very much! :D

p.jpg

A filter would be nice :)

hopeful likes this.
  27. chingwa

chingwa

@Rowlan Hmmm... that doesn't happen for me.

28. hopeful

hopeful

I noticed the fading of images of owned assets a day or two ago. It seems to be working accurately for me.

29. Rowlan

Rowlan

I just noticed it doesn't seem to work all the time. If you access a publisher's page, it doesn't work. If you use the search function it does work. The recommendations bar doesn't work. Popular Assets on the start page does work.

30. chingwa

chingwa

Well it works for me this morning, weird. Growing pains I guess. This is a long-requested feature and I'm happy to finally see it implemented.

hopeful likes this.
  31. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

Hi, thank you for the suggestion, but I had already recorded video of the old asset store taking an average of six minutes to load the list, on a superfast internet connection (200 MBPS download).

JBR-games likes this.
  32. JBR-games

JBR-games

You must have alot of assets... I have over 1k.. And its not that long. Although new store is like 20 mins.. So still a better option tp go old store.

DavidLieder likes this.
  33. Murgilod

Murgilod

Can somebody please explain to me why the asset store experience is still so goddamn awful? Why is the asset listing in the editor so slow? Why isn't it downloading a cached list? Why does the listing have to refresh when I search internally for an asset? Why doesn't it just hide asset entries as I type them in dynamically? Why is it so goddamn slow?

The asset store experience is somehow worse than the Unity Connect experience and that's absolutely shameful.

34. JBR-games

JBR-games

I can only guess that the Asset Store Team hates us... o_O:D why else would there be no meaningful updates in months with the chance of asset store 1 disappearing any day..

35. Murgilod

Murgilod

Today I had to update an asset. Including the download time (a thankfully quick 10ish seconds), the entire process took two and a half minutes, only one of which was not even related to the asset import process. The fact the asset took that long to import was bad enough, and I still think that there needs to be a dramatic overhaul to the import process, but why did I have to spend a minute-twenty just getting to the asset in my downloads?

JBR-games likes this.
  36. DavidLieder

DavidLieder

I have about 1,100 assets. I understand your frustration. It's completely unacceptable and by any standard in the Western World, this is complete crap delivery on products that people have purchased. I've spent thousands of dollars on these assets and I really need to be able to download them and use them. But do the execs at Unity care? It doesn't seem like it.

It really seems like a slap in the face, to be honest. All the virtue signaling from "Unity" about "caring for game developers" and they won't even fix basic issues that severely hurt production schedules. I know that many Unity engineers care about the game devs, but I really get a different impression from the corporate skinjobs running everything.

JBR-games likes this.
  37. JBR-games

JBR-games

It Almost seems like asset store version 2 all over again.. Grand ideas that fizzle out after a few months.. And were left with a half working asset store, while they made using the original store a pain to access and use as all links point back to a broken store.... Maybe they will care and actually fix it someday ... One can hope i guess.

38. DotTeam

DotTeam

Is it okay to ask here - is Asset Store down right now for everyone?

39. JBR-games

JBR-games

I just checked i can access the store and look at assets, although i havnt tried to download anything.

DotTeam likes this.
  40. Rowlan

Rowlan

Feature request:

Please add support for user images in the reviews. Including thumbnail display. Like e. g. Amazon has for their reviews.

JBR-games likes this.
  41. XCPU

XCPU

Looks like something got Updated, instead of waiting 20+ minutes to get assets updated,
    it was like Bam, 20 seconds in MyAssets and downloading updates.
    Excellent Work!
    The Labels look interesting, I'll try them out later, are they Private and not like Lists on the Store
    that everyone can see?

haomin1 likes this.
  42. axel_lester

axel_lester

Currently, the asset store "My Assets" (web or Unity UI, either one) doesn't show ANY of the assets I have purchased since April 26. Also, the default of 25, with a max of 100 visible is severely disappointing.

JBR-games likes this.
  43. ibyte

ibyte

@axel_lester The sort by purchased date is broken - try searching by the actual asset you purchased and you will see it. I had this same issue with three assets i just purchased 1 hour ago. Not in sort by purchased view but I can find directly.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    DoctorMemory likes this.
  44. EvilGremlin

EvilGremlin

This is no upgrade.

malkere and JBR-games like this.
  45. Rallix

Rallix

The Hotjar survey only allows us to post feedback once, so I'm writing here.

I really like the update of the 'My Assets' page; I hope more updates are still coming for that section.
    Label management and adding labels to multiple assets is great; I also like the new search much better.

I would like a way to sort/filter assets by price, though; without having to manually label all of them. I have lots of free assets which aren't very versatile and I don't need them 99.95% of the time – and the ‘big’ assets get lost amongst them.

My Assets.png

• The 'Purchased Date' sort places some assets incorrectly at the top it seems.
    • In the Editor, the description text also goes all the way to the Import button without any margin in between.
    • Perhaps the right search/filter panel could be toggleable (hide/show), to leave more space if you need to.
    • The space allotted for the asset pack name is quite small. Nevertheless, the full asset name should appear as an alt text when hovering the cursor over it.
      Otherwise, you can only read the full name when you open the pack's page. Which is bad if you need to differentiate between assets like "Asset – Subtitle" and "Asset 2019 – Subtitle" which both show up as "Asset…" – and you need to open a 'Quick Look' to tell them apart.
    • Untagged probably ought to be called Unlabeled now.
    • Renaming individual labels?

I hope not. I don't think it would help much in terms of actual reviews; people would instead be using it as low-key support.
    “[Picture of something not working]. I can't get it working, it keeps spamming errors. [Picture of the Console].”
    “[A low-quality blurry picture.] Forget the preview pictures; this is how the asset actually looks like.”
    “[Promotional picture of someone's game] A wonderful addition to my game, as you can see. A great asset!”

I think it's perfectly possible to write a comprehensive review with words only. Longer & more complex constructive criticism requiring images probably ought to go to a support thread anyway. Images would clutter the review space up.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    AndrewAssetStore likes this.
  46. malkere

malkere

Just bought a new asset. The new store does not show it in the download manager at all, even via search, and "sort by purchase date" is not at all doing what it's supposed to showing things I bought a year ago at the top. Revert to the old store shows what I just bought at the top, followed by my most recent 5-6 purchases in order of purchase date, all of which were nowhere to be seen on the new store's download manager. Revert to new store, same thing, can't even search for it, sort by name and it's not there.

47. hopeful

hopeful

Mine is inaccurate sorting by purchase date, but I can find my most recently purchased items (a few days ago) if I search via search term.

48. JBR-games

JBR-games

Its slowly getting better.. The lag in unity editor isnt too bad now but it needs a loading indicator. And old store shows all my assets vs new store max of 100 at a time. As others have mentioned the sort by purchase date seem a bit off.
    Mobile still needs a zooming feature like the old store has. And i still dislike the layout of individual asset page(it is spread out and with hidden info you have to click on to get, Also reviews are well missing ,only popular ones seem to show).

KarlGG likes this.
  49. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

Please report your issue to support@unity3d.com with more detail.

50. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

The labels are private only.