Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Asset Store site upgrade

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanisAssetStore, Apr 29, 2019.

1. JBR-games

JBR-games

My guess is there is some new analytic / piracy checks probing going on through all my stored assets...

So yeah my newer pc > Amd ryzen 1700x >8core - 16 threads @ 3400ghz , 32 gb of 3000mhz ram, 500gb ssd main drive, with an additional 1tb m.2 drive for storage. Rx 580 graphics card, Windows 10.

Is lagged out including frozen Unity Editor for 5 mins or longer while trying to view "My Assets" ...

Baronmarcus likes this.
  2. James_Initus

James_Initus

I have two asset store accounts and to my surprise ALL of my purchased assets are missing!?

what's going on, please fix this issue asap

3. livio3d

livio3d

me too , all my asset desapear, i hope on a quick fix why i cant work atm and i hope all come back why i have thousands of euros of purchase and if this are lots become really a big PROBLEM!

4. JBR-games

JBR-games

I havnt had this issue, It shows that i own the proper amount... But it only loads a random group of them.. And unless i click "download more" scroll all the way down to the very bottom to find it (Really why?)... it wont show assets i own. Maybe that would help you ?

Asset store team you can do better!!

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  5. James_Initus

James_Initus

ok, the assets just reappeared? so strange....

6. Antypodish

Antypodish

Layout is definitely 1000s times better than before.
    Feels much more ergonomic and nice filters selections.

upload_2019-5-7_23-53-39.png

7. poomanchu

poomanchu

My assets are currently empty as well
    My purchased assets also appear to be missing. I think something is messed up with the store at the moment. When attempting to download assets directly from an artist's page, I get "undefined is no longer available." Removing UnityConnectSettings.asset didn't help, signing-out/restarting Unity/signing-in didn't help, and trying to do this through Chrome rather than Unity didn't help.

8. InfiniteMonkey

InfiniteMonkey

Same - asset pages weren't loading, then were so I bought a couple of assets, now the My Assets page reckons I've got nothing. Probably just a wrinkle, but hope it comes back soon!

9. ozoner

ozoner

I am having the same problem. I have 300 and some assets and they have all gone from my owned list. I also have two in the cart that just started to down load and slower then I have ever seen as well I get the "undefined is no longer available" message yet I am down loading the thing the stuff. I have tried all of the re-boot and different browsers as well as checked my internet connection, so it has to be their servers. Will check back in later I am going to quit for the day and see if they have this fixed by tomorrow.

10. vambier

vambier

I also have the same problem, my assets are no longer shown, please fix.

11. LaneFox

LaneFox

I'm not staff.

Put this information into your support ticket.

KarlGG likes this.
  12. transat

transat

I think that’s rather obvious. :) But that’s the problem, not the solution! The solution shouldn’t involve us deleting assets we’ve bought; it should involve caching.

Isn’t there some kind of json or XML file in our systems that includes the relevant metadata for our purchased items? If not, there should be. And every version of a unity package in the store should have its own unique identifier. When connecting to the in-editor store, the app should read the list and automatically populate the “My assets” page with the the corresponding metadata (description, icon, etc). That should take a fraction of a second for the editor to do. Then the editor should check if the identifiers of any of those items match the ones in a list (on Unity’s server) of outdated packages - another fraction of a second. If there’s a match then that asset should get an “update” button in the My assets page. That’s another fraction of a second. So we’d be looking at a 2 second response time instead of 10 minutes. All it takes is 2 text files.

I have 850+ assets. A lot of them are free ones I had downloaded to build up my library, not realising it would make using the editor hell. A lot of them are also ones I purchased and can’t access / update without much pain. I’m sure Unity will fix the issue for us. All we need to soothe our nerves right now is for someone at Unity to acknowledge that they hadn’t realised what happens to the in editor store when someone has 750 assets. And to tell us that they will direct resources into fixing this ASAP (and maybe compensate the affected users with some free Unity assets once it’s fixed? ;)). The most affected users have ALL spent a LOT on the store and deserve better attention.

BUT... if we’re going to look for workarounds at our end, i’m keen to see if “archiving” downloaded items reduces the lag. I’d need to click on “archive” a whole bunch of items to see if it works though, as I don’t think there is a way to do that to a group of packages! :( If anyone else wants to try archiving their items (and leaving their 50 most used items unarchived), please report back if it helps!! You can still optionally include archived items in your search results when in the My assets page, so it wouldn’t be as bad as deleting your packages from your hard drive.

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    Baronmarcus and JBR-games like this.
  13. dreb4o

dreb4o

new Asset Store quite slow and heavy
    why the notification button is removed
    I always have to check in my account for new updates

JBR-games likes this.
  14. sxa

sxa

Badin and Baronmarcus like this.
  15. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Thank you very much for deleting my post and not acknowledging that the asset store team is not doing their job properly answering the customers; all of my emails have been left without answer nor my issues acknowledged.

Cover your lack of professionalism by deleting posts, bravo ! :cool:

Here's the golden rule of success : "Never listen to customer feedback, do it your own way".

16. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

Agreed.

17. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

Shall do LaneFox

I will also post it publicly - ALL avenues until this is solved.

JBR-games likes this.
  18. bearbrand

bearbrand

The browser in Unity falls.
    Unlike the comprehensive package like Unity, the website design should be divided into sessions.
    Design should be revised.

Baronmarcus and JBR-games like this.
  19. Akshara

Akshara

Can we not have an official Download Manager separate from the store itself?

20. hopeful

hopeful

On a positive note, it appears that the the "My Assets" feature is working far better for me than it ever has before. At least, when looking up "My Assets" on the website.

The in-editor version is executing in slow motion, though. Like it's roller skating through sticky thick syrup. ;)

21. JBR-games

JBR-games

the messy coder interviews the developer of game kit controller.
    @33:30. They both talk about how bad the current asset store is and the fact that it completely freezes up Unity editor.
    ;)o_O

Baronmarcus likes this.
  22. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

You think Unity will bother to care for their paying customers ? Let me laugh ... frustration is part of the Unity marketing strategy; to relief pain (and of course pay for it). The Asset Store is getting worse by the day .. but as we say : you can't polish a turd.

23. Murgilod

Murgilod

Hey, so this update sucks all sorts of ass.

On the blog, an official comment mentions that Unity knows "the in-editor experience isn't ideal," but I really have to wonder if they actually care that much about this, because attempting to search through and install assets for my project is an experience that has only gotten progressively worse. At one point, the in-editor browser almost completely locked up and I was worried that Unity was going to crash. The performance is absolutely dire and retiring the "let's just render a whole goddamn website" model of the asset store is long overdue.

Is there really no backend that Unity can access to determine what assets are tied to my account? Is there a reason I can not choose where my asset download directory is? Is there any reason I have to do this in the editor in the first place? It's sure not an anti-piracy thing, because asset piracy, even now, is a trivial task. These aren't new criticisms, either, because this has been something I've seen people saying about the store for years now.

We need a full overhaul of the Asset Store. Not a website redesign, but a complete rethinking of the experience. Anything less is just wasting the time of the people using the store.

Rowlan, StevenPicard, Kondor0 and 4 others like this.
  24. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Agreed 200%; it's like when they did hire a "kid" to rebrand the forum or when they changed the pricing model; I think the basic philosophy of Unity is first to F*** it up really strong and let users come and tell how they want it; the problem is that when doing so, people feel they're not respected and treated like S***. No wonder why there are so much piracy; the system sucks in its core, the people who "work" on this are simply not made for the job.

It's 2019 for god sake; put a CDN and a caching system ! It's that simple !

But nobody is listening ... wasting time here

25. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Are you still listening or did you already take your vacations ?

26. Player7

Player7

" Is there a reason I can not choose where my asset download directory is?"
    Just had to symlink it, got fking tired of my nvme drive being used to store asset packages..just stupid.

much like Unity never bothering adding in the bare bone options to set the browser location, so things like help icons open the docs in a browser you prefer instead of the default.. simple S*** to add in really

JBR-games likes this.
  27. transat

transat

@AndrewAssetStore @JanisAssetStore Your input would be appreciated! Or is this forum just a bonding opportunity for slightly disgruntled users?? :)

Another little suggestion I'd make about the new (and old store)... how about keeping some of my settings in a cookie? So that I don't have to change the listing from 24 to 96 assets every time I access the store! That way, using the hack we spoke about before, it would only take me 4 clicks to "see ALL new and updated assets" instead of 6 (or only 10 clicks instead of 12 if I use the user journey Unity's UX team has mapped out for us :rolleyes:).

28. transat

transat

Last edited: May 10, 2019
    JBR-games likes this.
  29. transat

transat

And in the meantime, I've archived almost all of my assets. I'm down from 850 to 92 (or is it 65? the editor window reads "1-92 of 65" :rolleyes:) . It seems to have to have made a positive difference. I now only have to wait 1 minute for a response from the editor after each click, instead of 5-10 minutes when I had 850 unarchived assets.

TIP: archive your items in the online store if you don't want it to take 3 years of your life. Also, you may need to archive items multiple times as some seem to occasionally pop back in. :rolleyes:

KarlGG and JBR-games like this.
  30. JBR-games

JBR-games

Ill use the old asset store before i did that..
    archive 1000 assets...?? Kinda stupid that they think we should have to do that..obviously no real testing was done when redesigning the asset store. Id also worry that they may permanently delete our achived assets at some point in the future.

KarlGG likes this.
  31. JBR-games

JBR-games

I always wondered about this.. Nothing like having performance issues because my main drive has 200gb of assets on it.

32. KarlGG

KarlGG

I will say, for those who are looking for a way to move the asset store: symbolic links. I won't bother linking anything since everyone's on a different OS. Google will show it.

Basically, the OS will go to the appdata (or whatever) folder and see a "no no, go here instead". I have my Unity projects and asset folders on a second SSD separate from everything (except some other "assets" like downloaded sound packages). Unity (or anything else you use this method on) will happily go where it "thinks" it belongs, and you can point it where you actually want it instead.

It's annoying that we're required to use this low-level OS method of "moving folders" but at least it works. And lately, that seems less annoying than a lot of what's going on.

33. Tsilliev

Tsilliev

Cant change the currency displayed on the assets, on the old store there was a drop up menu at the corner but now there is no such setting, I checked my settings page, nothing. Maybe I am blind, does somebody know how to change the currency? Before I login its fine, displayed in euro, when I login it goes to usd.

34. Mauri

Mauri

The dropdown menu for this should be on the very bottom of the page in the footer, right next to the "Revert to Old Store" link.

35. Tsilliev

Tsilliev

Hello, this is what I see:
    http://prntscr.com/nnjhsn

edit: Ah okay, now i see. it was hidden behind the feedback icon.

36. Mauri

Mauri

Yeah, the placement isn't ideal... Hopefully this will get changed in the future.
    Let your voice heard by using the Feedback form (click that very icon you saw there) :)

KarlGG likes this.
  37. Tsilliev

Tsilliev

I left feedback, thank you.

38. Rowlan

Rowlan

Is review bumping allowed? I thought it was forbidden? Especially when it's from one of the guys involved with a publisher.

Didn't Unity implement a mechanism that reviews stay at their date of the first creation? The new asset store doesn't seem to work that way anymore.

JBR-games likes this.
  39. magg

magg

Anyone else is having issues with AS in Firefox? It eats 90+% of my CPU and 5+GB RAM in seconds until it freezes completely.

KarlGG and JBR-games like this.
  40. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

No comment.
    upload_2019-5-13_10-2-17.png

StevenPicard and JBR-games like this.
  41. jGate99

jGate99

Please add a filter for show my owned assets only. This way i can go to a publisher who has 100s of assets like SYNTY STUDIOS and see all only those assets that i own.
    Thanks

transat, KarlGG and Rowlan like this.
  42. JBR-games

JBR-games

New store does not give me alerts when my assets have been updated like the old store..

Now i cant sort through reviews by date or most helpful...

There are now ads inside the review section of individual assets ? Guess we all know why the new store is getting pushed so hard..

KarlGG likes this.
  43. jGate99

jGate99

Another requirement is we can see owned assets filter by category (templates only)

44. Rowlan

Rowlan

I think I found a flaw in the review system. When you edit a review it won't bubble up anymore. But apparently manipulating the review system is still possible. Example: This guy here posted a review 3 months ago (scroll down):

old-review.jpg

https://web.archive.org/web/2019050...-spawner-127636/reviews?page=1&sort_by=recent

2 days ago that review disappeared and a new one bubbled to the top as most recent one, for the same asset. The guy didn't even bother to test the latest version number, even stuck with the version he already wrote a review for, so the intention is clear.

new-review.jpg

https://web.archive.org/web/2019051...-spawner-127636/reviews?page=1&sort_by=recent

Can we please have that kind of review manipulation disabled and forbidden?

A possible solution would be to just allow editing (e. g. blank review or something), but remove the delete button.

Thank you!

45. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

Why doesn't the new store have the notifications feature like Version 1 does. I like to know when an asset gets updates and when something goes on sale in my Wishlist.

46. Badin

Badin

Yeah, I do this for about 3 years and works like a charm.

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
  47. Rowlan

Rowlan

Please add a filter to hide assets which come as DLL. It would also be good to have those assets flagged / tagged.

JBR-games and hopeful like this.
  48. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I am still unable to use the new store for downloading my purchased assets into Unity. It literally locks up Unity. I have waited to see what happens (if it will unlock) but I always just give up and revert to the old store. This really needs to be fixed.

49. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

Great post!

50. JBR-games

JBR-games

Dont worry they will get to it in a few months ,maybe a year.. And then it'll see at least a 10% speed increase.. 10 minutes of waiting to only 9 min 30 sec of waiting ...lol :mad:o_O