Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Asset Store site upgrade

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanisAssetStore, Apr 29, 2019.

1. daisySa

daisySa

I'm on 2018.3.13f1 on Windows 10. It's definitely not appearing there for me.

2. daisySa

daisySa

Thank you!!!

3. SandboxRuckus

SandboxRuckus

It's good to see Unity take notice about the store problems, i'm going to repost my closed thread post here so it doesn't get lost. If these are getting addressed great if not then this is a reminder.

First off the Asset Icons are unnecessarily large, just viewing the stores home page all you see is a huge banner ad then only 4 to 7 Asset icons. If you want to see more you have to start clicking arrows so you can scroll through more large icons, such unnecessary navigation. The old store front had smaller icons with more information and about 27 to 36 asset icons per page, which made it easy to browse for new assets. Another example of the large icons creating unnecessary clicks is with the “wish list” there are 4 pages of assets when in the old store there is only 2 pages with the same number of assets on the wish list.

On the old asset store front page the asset icons had more info and all the categories were clickable links to them ( name, asset category, creator. star rating, and price). The new store front page icons just has (name, creator, and price) and none of them are quick links.

Now once on the asset’s page in the new asset store you will find some of the most viewed and sought after information (movies / pictures, and package contents) is stuck behind a pop up window which makes it more inconvenient to view all the assets info at the same time. On the old store asset page you can view all the information on the same page you don’t have to go back and forth between popup window and main page. Another pain with the popup window is that resets if you close them and go back to them. Example: I’m digging through an asset’s “package preview popup window” and I have it all expanded and looking deep in to the hierarchy of its contents. When I need to step back to the main page to read some information in the asset’s write up and close the window everything I expanded and had hi-lighted is gone. Now I have to start over and expand the hierarchy each time the window closes. That is a huge waste of time and very frustrating when you are shopping for assets and trying to see if they will work for you.

These are a few of the things that turned me off the New asset store and why I stuck with the old one and fear loosing it for good.

Thanks

4. ikazrima

ikazrima

upload_2019-5-3_11-32-28.png

It appears for me both in 2017.4 (screenshot) and 2019.1. Also on windows 10.
    However I didn't check for 2018. Might be specific problem to that version.

Attached Files:

5. hopeful

hopeful

Made another purchase today using the new store. Got a 500 error on the first try, clicking on the proceed to checkout button. On the second try it went through, brought me to checkout, and everything was fine from there on out.

JBR-games likes this.
  6. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

Moving the link to the old store to the bottom is a clear sign of Unity trying to force the new store on to it's customers and shows they KNOW everybody switches to the old store first thing when loading the Asset store in Unity
    If the new store really was any good and an improvement you wouldn't have to do this because everybody would LOVE to use the new and improved store.
    https://theblog.adobe.com/4-golden-rules-ui-design/
    1. Place users in control of the interface
    2. Make it comfortable for a user to interact with a product
    3. Reduce cognitive load
    4. Make user interfaces consistent

The new store breaks rule 1, 2 AND 3

Baronmarcus, JBR-games and KarlGG like this.
  7. sxa

sxa

certainly seems that way.

Baronmarcus likes this.
  8. Baste

Baste

The in-editor browser can't really handle the new asset store very well. Scrolling the old and new store in chrome is comfortable. Scrolling the old store in the editor is comfortable. Scrolling the new store in the editor is a lagfest.

The new store takes twice as long both to become responsive and to finish loading in a browser, and several times that in the editor.

Baronmarcus and JBR-games like this.
  9. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Before this update, it was about 3% who would use the old store.

10. chingwa

chingwa

Is that 3% for browsing or purchases?

JBR-games likes this.
  11. KarlGG

KarlGG

More importantly, how many people is 3%?

Anyway, I used to check the store almost daily. Now it's a chore that I avoid for days, if not weeks, at a time. I bet "not wanting to deal with the asset store" skews that number.

Baronmarcus and JBR-games like this.
  12. hopeful

hopeful

Only 3%. This explains why the Unity staff didn't think there was a problem with the new store, despite OBVIOUS problems.

Maybe this isn't the most PC thing to say, but now we know who the smartest 3% of Unity users are. ;)

JBR-games likes this.
  13. ikazrima

ikazrima

Newer users probably wasn't aware of the old store. Although the button wasn't deeply hidden, Unity defaulted to the new store every time and there's no reason to switch to the old one for them.
    After all people don't generally equate old = better.

If the major issues are fixed, that 3% would've been closer to nil.

KarlGG, JBR-games and hopeful like this.
  14. Gladyon

Gladyon

If you want a more realistic percentage, place the old store by default, and add a very easy to spot button to the new store.
    And in the new store, place a button to the old store, at the exact same position and as easy to spot than the button to new store (so that people who went to the new store can revert easily if they do not like it).

Most people do not bother to change, they just use whatever UI they have in front of them.

Also, you have to know that when people are complaining it means that you haven't lost (yet) them as customers, because they actually spend time/energy to try to make things better.
    But when people aren't complaining, it either means they are OK, or that you have just lost customers because they doesn't even want to spend time/energy to make things better.

15. Badin

Badin

Please, Unity (or someone else) make an asset to make the downloaded assets easier to search and install just like the asset "Package Uninstaller" does, but for installing assets.
    upload_2019-5-5_0-4-23.png

KarlGG and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  16. Rowlan

Rowlan

Whenever I open the Asset Store in a new browser instance, I'm not signed in. I always have to manually click the sign in button. Can you please fix that? Thank you!

17. sxa

sxa

Be interested in seeing that comparison versus number of assets owned.

18. transat

transat

In a way I'm happy to see all of these complaints. I thought I was going mad with the speed issues, especially inside the app - the store and my assets page are completely unusable (close to 5 minutes for Unity to respond to ANY click). Same with V3. It's unbelievable that Unity would not be making this their number one priority. Why would a company not want its customers to actually spend in their store? Any investment in fixing this would be almost instantaneously recovered. Even though Unity's UX team (is there one?) have not inspired me with confidence, I'm glad at least someone at Unity is finally looking into this. So many things to fix! How about actually letting developers know when people leave a review? How about letting users subscribe to their favourite developers? etc.

19. transat

transat

In the new store, it now takes a user 10 clicks to be able to see "ALL newly released/updated assets". Can someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

JBR-games likes this.
  20. rasto61

rasto61

@JanisAssetStore
    @AndrewAssetStore
    Any particular reason why the new Editor Asset Store locks up the editor when I open owned assets (or is that just the new 'improved' algorithm)? Its completely unusable for me right now. I have to import from the Asset Store folder directly or use the old store. The OP would have me think the new store was faster, but while the loading of the assets was slow before, it did not freeze the editor completely. (I do have the asset store folder symlinked to a folder on the hdd).
    And was there any reason to move the 'Revert to old store' to the lowest possible location other than to just inconvenience people that use this?

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  21. transat

transat

Thanks to this update I've discovered the old store, which is only half as painful as V2!

@JanisAssetStore
    @AndrewAssetStore

There have been tons of suggestions for improvements in the forums. You should hire a couple of interns to go through the forums and see what your users recommend and what their pain points are. Group those into categories. Attack the low hanging fruit first - the easy fixes (there are so many!) that would make users less frustrated. Then throw all your resources at fixing the big issues and the one hugely problematic issue: SPEED (please cache!!!). I've been working in UX for a while and would happily give you some tips, if requested! :)

22. Akshara

Akshara

Gave the new store in the editor another chance tonight, while updating some assets, and experienced a seven second delay between scrolling with the mouse wheel and movement on screen; sorting My Assets by publish date didn't list anything for the current month; and when scrolling through My Assets, the browser would freeze for long periods with no feedback. After about 15 minutes of this and getting nowhere, I thought to myself, "How can they possibly see this as acceptable?"

So I went to the Home page and impatiently waited the minute or two to scroll to the bottom and select Revert to Old Store, which allowed me to actually update the assets I needed to - yet at a pace I still consider unacceptably slow, even though it was faster than the new store.

Please just give us a way to manage our purchased assets within an interface that responds like modern professional software is expected to. AOL on dial up in 1994 was faster than the UAS, new or old, and is what using the in-editor browser reminded me of this evening.

23. Akshara

Akshara

I agree. One has to scroll all the way down, with the mouse wheel delay, and the editor doesn't remember your selection and reverts to the new store when restarting or switching between different editors. It's ridiculous and super irritating. If the new store was in a professional, responsive, usable state, then I could understand pushing users to it; yet the new store is not in that state - and has not been so a single time that I have tried to use it in the last year. Not once.

It actually is beginning to feel like Unity is intentionally trying to get us to stop using the Asset Store.

24. sxa

sxa

Since the other thread has been closed now, I'll just re-iterate the significant problem I have with the 'new' store under my 'license manager' account.

In V1, inside Unity and in a standalone browser, under 'Downloads' all these assets are listed properly.
    In V2, inside Unity and in a standalone browser, 'My Assets' doesnt know what assets I have 'purchased' (ie downloaded, as its only been the UT assets and a small handful of free assets). The list of 'My Assets' showed 8 out of the 40 or 50 assets Ive downloaded
    In V3 inside Unity and in a standalone browser, 'My Assets' also doesnt know what assets I have 'purchased'

The missing assets are almost everything UT, and some randoms. For example, in the middle of my list, I have a set of three assets I downloaded together, at exactly the same time, only two of which are shown as being owned.

As for the individual asset pages:

In V1, inside Unity and in a standalone browser, all the individual asset pages give me the 'Open in Unity' button.
    In V2 on the individual asset pages, my download date was listed, and I was given the 'Open in Unity button
    As of V3 on the individual asset pages, my download date is listed, but I dont get the 'Open in Unity' button I get an 'Add to My Assets' button.

So V3 has incomplete knowledge of what Ive downloaded, except it does know the date when I downloaded any specific asset.

However V3 does seem to be able to 'help' me rebuild my list, unlike V2. Wooo. And all I have to do is go to each and every individual page for each and every individual asset Ive already downloaded and hit 'Add To My Assets'. Which is wonderful, right?
    Oh yeah, except for the fact that there's no 'Add To My Assets' button for the two or three deprecated assets that no longer have pages, so when the V1 store goes, I'll have no way to add deprecated assets that the V2/V3 store doesnt acknowledge I own, even though it knows when I first purchased/downloaded it.

Of course this account only has about 50 assets associated with it, and they're pretty much mostly UT stuff. But just for the record, any Unity employee who reads this.... I realised this because it was obvious, 40-odd missing assets out of 50. But it wouldnt necessarily be obvious if it was 1 or 2 out of 50. Or 5 out of 100. Or 20 out of 1000. So how are UT going to make sure we dont lose access to assets permanently when V1 gets pulled, if the store wont acknowledge that we already 'own' them?

How are any of us with large numbers of assets going to be able to check whether there's other stuff missing from our V2/V3 lists that we havent yet noticed when you kill the V1 store? For me, I know that on both my accounts, the V1 store has all my asset purchase downoad info correct, and that the V2/V3 store has it wrong for at least one.

That worries me.

KarlGG and JBR-games like this.
  25. hopeful

hopeful

If I understand what you are looking for, try clicking any kind of filter, like "3D Models." Then when that displays, pick Sort By "Recently Updated." Then unclick your checkbox for 3D Models. Now you should have all the latest additions to the store, plus all the latest updates.

Does that work for you?

26. transat

transat

I think that on the store should allow you to browse for and purchase assets. You could also subscribe to publishers, rate and review assets... but nothing else!! And it shouldn't even be inside the Unity editor at all if it's not going to be a native database hooked up to the store's API. Importing/updating assets should be done via the Package Manager. And the Package Manager should allow you to browse inside packages so that you can import that one cactus you specifically want (and optionally all of its dependencies) instead of having to import 3GB worth of other plants.

27. transat

transat

Oh I've been doing that, thanks. But please don't tell me that's what Unity's UX team came up with. That is a hack and not the intended path. Instead, somewhere on a desk at Unity HQ should be a "user story" that goes... "as a customer, i want to see the latest assets that are out in as few clicks as possible, so that i can give my money to Unity and some indie developer". And next to that user story should be a "user flow" or "user journey" and it should indicate that the logical pathway currently requires 10 clicks. And that user journey should be circled with a big red pen and singled out as a major customer pain point. A pain point that discourages people from spending. And one that could be fixed by adding one simple checkbox (for example).

28. Teila

Teila

On the other thread, I had a message from @JanisAssetStore promising the gallery would be improved but it is exactly the same. Still difficult to see those little thumbnails and they still often run off the page. Please go back to the horizontal gallery below the asset store picture and the ability to scroll through the pictures.

Thanks.

KarlGG, JBR-games, chingwa and 2 others like this.
  29. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

Roy,

Have you tried using this disaster that you said quote: "I am happy with the way you are going with the store "?

Not on your phone - which is completely useless to develop on - but rather on an actual computer where you need to get to your purchased assets?

No. I thought not.

Roy, you are giving the impression that the new site is usable. It is not. Try using it to find your purchased assets in real development - THEN let us know if you are still "happy with the way you are going with the store".

30. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

vis2k, what do you love best? The locking up in the Editor, or the inability to find and access your purchased assets to develop a game? Maybe you love the fact that TAGS are completely out of sync?
    OH - I know it - you love the SPAM and ads that eats up the space that we need for productivity!

JBR-games likes this.
  31. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

LaneFox, what part of "IT IS NOT WORKING in the editor" do you not get?

The feed back has been proportional to the DISASTER that this new Asset Store is.

Low hanging fruit? How about being less useless? How about damaging developers less? - or perhaps at least allowing them to get to assets they have purchased?

The Unity team has sunk the lifeboat (the functioning old site), and are sinking real projects with this costly disaster.

Please stop making excuses for this.

32. LaneFox

LaneFox

That is quite hyperbolic.

If you have legitimate issues with usability you should file a support ticket. It will get better resolution than angry eccentric ranting on the forum. I asked staff directly and referenced the posts indicating that it was inoperable and they reported that no tickets have been filed reporting the issue so if you expect to contribute constructively then do so by filing a ticket.

FWIW it appears to be working fine in my environment - editor, mobile and desktop in various browsers.

33. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

petero, you don't get it.

FORGET all of of your little cosmetic changes. You are in denial - your task list proves it. This is a disaster.

The Asset Store is unusable in the Unity Editor - I cannot effectively get to products that I have purchased to do development work. The Asset Store in the Unity Editor lags the the point of unsuitability.

Please also note that Tags are out of sync between old and new sites.

Also, searches are useless for real work - tagging by the development team by their categories is the only way to navigate thousands of purchased assets - not hen-pecking ad-hoc searches like you are focusing on.

JBR-games likes this.
  34. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

-------------------------

If I am being hyperbolic LaneFox. I am not being 'nice' LaneFox because my project is on hold, my costs are running, due to a failed roll-out strategy by Unity.

LaneFox, you have no debilitating lag accessing your assets in the Unity Editor? Really? Is this the common user experience? - given the feedback I see right here right now form many users I think not.

Listen, there is no excuse for this failed roll-out. Real people are losing real money here LaneFox, and the Unity team is not admitting it.

At this point, saying 'file a support ticket' is pure arrogance. Sorry, I won't shut up and go away. (that's what it sounds like)

When I cannot get to thousands of dollars of my purchased assets because of a royal leadership screw-up at Unity, it is reasonably beyond 'file a support ticket' territory.

(1) Admit there is a BIG problem for many users (if not all)

(2) Reinstate the default access to the old site (without the page forwarding) until this is properly fixed and properly tested (which it has not been).

I depend on the Asset Store to get to my purchased assets. This has been disrupted by lack of planning and leadership at Unity. This is disrupting the work of many people and costing many people a lot of time and money. This was avoidable.

35. JBR-games

JBR-games

@petero_unity Unity editor should be #1 to get fixed.. 5 mins of lag is not acceptable...

Although i believe @AndrewAssetStore was sincere when he said that v1 wont be removed until issues are fixed i dont believe the asset teams vision of being fixed is the same as mine.

Baronmarcus likes this.
  36. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

I am not being 'nice' because my project is on hold, my costs are running, due to a failed roll-out strategy by Unity.

Listen, there are no excuse for this failed roll-out. Real people are losing real money here, and the Unity team is not admitting it.

At this point, saying 'file a support ticket' is pure arrogance. Sorry, I won't shut up and go away. (that's what it sounds like)

When I cannot get to thousands of dollars of my purchased assets because of a royal leadership screw-up at Unity, it is reasonably beyond 'file a support ticket' territory.

(1) Admit there is a BIG problem for many users (if not all)

(2) Reinstate the default access to the old Asset Store site (without the page forwarding) until the new Asset Store (in editor) has been properly fixed and properly tested (which it has not been).

I depend on the Asset Store to get to my purchased assets. This has been disrupted by lack of planning and leadership at Unity. This is disrupting the work of many people and costing many people a lot of time and money. This was avoidable.

37. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

Totally KarlGG, same here.
    I am (and others I know) are browsing less and purchasing less because of the new Asset Store.
    It is also more difficult to preview potential purchases due to the necessity of clicking-to-view and manually scrolling the gallery on an asset page (as opposed to the old site next-previous arrow set up - and larger review space).

38. chingwa

chingwa

It took me a straight 3 minutes of staring at the screen to even figure out where to go to download assets in the new store... maybe I just had an alzheimer's moment or something, but once I finally saw the 'my assets' icon I was both relieved and enraged.

I haven't noticed any performance issues in the my assets list. It's still as slow as it's been for a long time, but I can still use it (I only have about 100 assets however).

39. LaneFox

LaneFox

So, did you file a support ticket yet? That is the quickest way to get actual help and get the issue resolved.

It's not denial, things actually do work. No one on my team sees complete the inoperability you're describing. It would be useful if you provided more specifics, such as your Unity Version, OS, etc. Then again, no one on the forum is really going to be able to do anything about it which is why you should file a support ticket. That's what is reviewed by Unity and the Asset Store Dev team. Pro license holders are prioritized as well, so I'm sure you'll get quick response. My turnaround is typically 4-6 hours.

40. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

It's not just a support issue, it's also a design issue.

Mainly for the in editor store, That one needs a lot more love.

KarlGG, JBR-games and Baronmarcus like this.
  41. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

I appreciate that LaneFox

Also, this case is very different - yes logging a support ticket is good - as a developer I can appreciate that.

But please also appreciate that this is far and beyond ye olde feature/bug - this really is a show stopping disaster.

It is not a feature or bug issue at all - it is a systemic issue: A badly failed roll-out that curtails the effective use of the Unity product.

SO, yes, support tickets, I agree LaneFox, but also, it is time to make a noise - a big noise, and that is what I am doing. These specific circumstances call for this. For all Pro users, and also otherwise, and also simply those like myself that have spent many thousands of dollars on assets that I am having trouble getting to right now.

Formulating a "Unity Asset Store lags for 10 min in the Editor, making all and any development work impossible" support ticket shall be forthcoming.

transat likes this.
  42. transat

transat

On a positive note... just tried the online store on my iPad and it seems much better! Only 2 taps to get to see all newly updated assets. And the UI is clearer as well. Good progress. But please add the asset category info alongside the assets, so that I don’t have to click into an asset to discover what it’s about.

JBR-games likes this.
  43. JBR-games

JBR-games

Not that i support this new crappy editor lagging asset store... But you can go to the old asset store.. Link is "hidden" on the very bottom..(and yes more scrolling and more clicks ,but atleast it loads in a reasonable time) Id use that if it costing you time /money in v3.

KarlGG, Baronmarcus and hopeful like this.
  44. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

Yes JBR-games, thank you

The location of the Old Store link had changed, my urgency is less now - really appreciate it. Thank you.

Also found a machine of ours that actually did not have this killer lag - and am analyzing the difference between that and others now. Hopefully I might get some info on this to share with the forum soon.

I owe an apology to the folks that did not have this problem - it is a killer problem for many, but apparently there are some that are not experiencing this.

45. roykoma

roykoma

Whoa - slow down there a bit and actually read before you quote and attack someone on a personal level here. I am sure you are old enough to know how to act in an open forum, so please behave that way. I will just take it that you are not liking the store and are just attacking whoever disagrees with your opinion and not take it personally, as this was your first post and maybe you just don't know better than to directly attack people that did do nothing to you.

That out of the way - at no part did I state that the new site is absolutely usable for everyone, nor was it my goal to give that impression. As the wording "I am" as the beginning of my post is suggesting you, that post is my opinion. Maybe hard to believe, but certainly true, that other people in this world may have an own opinion.
    To directly answer you:
    • Yes i did "try that disaster", and as I stated I am happy with the way they are going. If you read correctly, this does not state, that I am completely happy with the way the store is right now. There are a huge load of issues, but other than a handful they already said in the first post, that they are going to address them
    • "Not on your phone - which is completely useless to develop on" - I don't see the assetstore as my tool of development, but as a source of tools and assets that I can download to use them for development. So I don't need to use it on the same device as I develop on. I regulary search for assets on my phone - multiple times a day I for example check if there is new assets.
    • Other than that of course I use the assetstore on my computer too - mainly in the browser and when I need to download an asset also in the editor for that. I don't use the assetstore in the editor that much as I much prefer to use a real browser to search the web in comparison to use a crappy implementation of some browser, that isn't even able to play HTML5-Videos. So most of the time I search for my assets in a browser, copy the needed name and paste it in my assetstore in the editor to download / import it.
    • Additional to that - personally I never had anything freeze or not work in the new store yet. Just a bunch of things, that could (and mostly should) be done differently or just better. So it definitly is usable.
    • "No. I thought not." - please speak for yourself and not for other people.
    • I have no trouble finding my purchased assets in real development, dispite having over 3600 of them on the "My Assets" page.
    • I already stated, that my first post is just my first impression and that I may post more as I find it, which I will still do.
    • And yeah - I am still happy with the way they are going. There is lots more of communication than there was when they just dropped the "old new store" on us, they actually seem to want to still battle the things, that are wrong with the store and all in all there is a huge improvement over their last "new" version of the store. So the way they are going is - in my opinion - a good one and the right one.
    • Lastly if you are unhappy with the store you could open your eyes and see that Janis posted the way to go to the old store in the first post, and just follow his instructions for that.

Greetings,

Roy

Baronmarcus likes this.
  46. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

Yes Roy I actually owe you an apology - I just discovered one machine that actually did NOT have this debilitating problem - I assume that the conditions of that machine are like your experience (and those of another member, who I must apologize to as well). Sorry about that Roy.

The scope of the problem I am (and many others are) facing is beyond bug/feature territory - it honestly substantially interferes with workflow. Reflections on how it may look on mobile did get my blood boiling - contrast the focus on a mobile UX against not being able to get at thousands of dollars worth of purchased asset to do work. Ah!

So, I must, as you suggest, now avoid the in-editor Asset Store - it is a change in workflow - it is a work around - but it is necessary. I disagree with you however, in that although the raw website may be usable, the in-editor browser is not usable (in its non-work-around form).

I am analyzing the difference from that one working machine to my others and seeing if I can help the forum and the Unity team with some insights.

I will let LaneFox know if there is anything I might be able to help with in my looking into this.

47. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

LaneFox - I have something that may be helpful.

I discovered a machine of mine that did not exhibit the critical lag in the In-Editor Asset Store. Both working and non-working machines are running the latest LTS Unity. I looked into variations of the .Net implementation etc. with no effect.

Then however, I did discover that in the working machine, it only loaded 200 assets at one time. On the unusable one, it loaded the 600+ assets (taking disproportionately longer - as in not 3x loading time, but 4-5 minutes - during which Unity is unresponsive). Note that this is the same version of unity on both machines.

I hope this is useful.

48. JBR-games

JBR-games

I mentioned this in this thread earlier but i believe the lag is do to how many asset have already been downloaded and are on your hard-drive. My newer fast pc lags like crazy (has 100s of downloads) while my older and certainly slower pc has far less lag (maybe 20-30 downloads).

Baronmarcus likes this.
  49. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

I think that is it JBR-games. That totally fits my experience.

I religiously keep all assets local - that also accounts for the difference between the machine I discovered that was not so bad and my core system. The not-so-bad one has almost nothing local - my core system has everything downloaded.

Thank you JBR-games.

Hey, LaneFox - I bet that is it. The more locally downloaded assets, the longer the lag.

50. Baronmarcus

Baronmarcus

LaneFox,

Try having one of the test group downloading 600 or so assets locally, then test the in-editor browser to test the JBR-games theory.

JBR-games may have figured out the repro on this.