Search Unity

Official Asset Store site upgrade

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanisAssetStore, Apr 29, 2019.

1. hopeful

hopeful

It doesn't look the same as the output I get from the old asset store. There's some commonality, but it doesn't seem like the same filter is really being used.

See for yourself. https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/search/page=1/sortby=updated/query=only:packages

2. JesOb

JesOb

ikazrima likes this.
  3. roykoma

roykoma

4. tanakake

tanakake

Unity Editor Asset Store Tab
    I can not sign out !

JBR-games likes this.
  5. hopeful

hopeful

The output of this filter still doesn't match the old asset store. On the old asset store, I could see new assets as they arrived, and updates as soon as they were approved. It doesn't seem to work that way on the new asset store.

6. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

I like the show by release date in my assets

7. roykoma

roykoma

Yeah, you are right. The new store shows you newly approved assets and updates MUCH FASTER than the old one.
    I can currently see over 40 updates on the new store that are not visible yet on the old one

Did you actually compare the results?

8. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

The old store wasn't very fast but al least it was workable. The 'new' is store is even slower and has now become an unusable monstrosity, only aimed at selling in stead of at helping developers to streamline their processes.
    First fix the new store THEN (perhaps) abandon the old one!

truefx001 and JBR-games like this.
  9. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

It completely freezes Unity!
    Terrible, terrible decision!

truefx001 and JBR-games like this.
  10. sxa

sxa

Tried using the new V2 store to download stuff I bought in the sale today. Reasonable enough using the web-based storefront to buy stuff.

But Im -still- waiting for it to finish downloading nearly an hour and a half later. Takes my system less time to download 50Gb games.
    And of course the store panel UI has been pretty unusable for most of that, to the point where when I tried, I couldnt actually get to the bottom of the page where they decided to bury the 'Use Old Store' button. Thanks for making it impossible to revert to a working version.

Right now, it seems to to be an order of magnitude slower than the 'old' V2 I said I was finding ridiculously slow in the other thread.

And cheers to the person who thought up replacing the V1 store's visual 'percentage downloaded' green bar with a monochrome spinny disc that gives back zero useful feedback on the state of the download. I really value the opportunity to play the 'Is it actually downloading, is the UI frozen again, wtf is going on' game.

I'd like 'Use Old Store' to be a convenient preference, please, that Unity remembers from one session to the next, not the 'sit through 20 minutes of frozen UI until you can turn it on for this one single session' punishment it actually is.

truefx001, KarlGG and JBR-games like this.
  11. JBR-games

JBR-games

So last night Unity Editor would just freeze up while i tried to access the asset store for a good 5-10min.(while on my personal and faster pc). Today on my work computer (older and slower) its fast and doesnt seem to lag the editor? Did the asset store get a update from last night to this morning ? @AndrewAssetStore

12. sxa

sxa

For comparison to the post I made above.

Deleted the assets I bought today, restarted Unity. This time waited until I could enable the V1 store (V2 UI didnt freeze this time, luckily)

Took 42 seconds to display the list of assets. Five minutes later, they're all downloaded and installed.

JBR-games likes this.
  13. LaneFox

LaneFox

What Unity version are you guys using?

14. JBR-games

JBR-games

Last night with a slow /frozen editor 2018.3.12 (higher end pc)

Today with a responsive editor 2018.3.14 (low/mid range pc)

15. Gladyon

Gladyon

I am not sure my problem is related to the Asset Store upgrade, but I suspect it may be.

I just tried to buy a few assets, and failed.
    It seems that I cannot buy assets anymore because I haven't provided any phone number.
    I am sure that it wasn't required a few months ago.

So, here are my 3 questions:
    - Why is a phone number now required to buy assets?
    - How can I buy assets without a phone?
    - What will happen if I set '0000000000' as my phone number?

16. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

You don't need to scroll all the way down to the footer every time you want to revert to the old store. Just do it once and then bookmark it.

The base URL for the old store will have "stay" as a query parameter:

https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay

That's for the English version of the store, obviously.

17. JBR-games

JBR-games

You can do this in the unity editor? I think that's where everybody's complaint is about freezing and having issues

18. sxa

sxa

2018.3.13 today. But just about every version since the V2 version went online. Ive always found the V2 UI slower and more unwieldy than the V1 site, to the point of absolutely avoiding using it for downloading/updating assets. V1 has never locked up the entire Unity UI on me.
    what today? 2018.3.13. But the V2 UI being slower, and more unwieldy and buggy than the V1 UI has been a constant as long as there's been a V2.

19. Player7

Player7

Seeing assets you already own in the search results along with price tag... is fine.. but at least put in some indication I own the damn thing aswel already!

And why can't I click on an asset from the order page.. like it has no damn link back to the asset.. that's flipping dumb and such a basic thing to add, you already got the asset title and picture... putting in the link back to the asset? no just leave that, maybe the customer will buy it without wanting an easy way to go check it again before going past checkou.

Or the cart icon that shows how many items you have but no total sum, like i have to goto the cart page to see a total sum... how freakin long have any of you being using the internet and various shopping sites.. this isn't something unheard of to be asking for here.

I mean just leaves a lot to desired.. does anyone at unity actually collect the feedback given on the forum? like asking for feedback when feedback has been given so many times on this, I mean I complain not just about the asset store but other areas of unity aswel when I say this..

btw those above requests are new from me I know I've given enough feedback on other problems with the asset store before.. its all here on this forum somewhere I can't be bothered to go find it.

hopeful likes this.
  20. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

No, you can't do it in the Editor. Sorry, I was reading and posting on my phone while on my lunch break, so I probably wasn't reading at full attention. :cool:

JBR-games likes this.
  21. hopeful

hopeful

The v2 asset store was showing updates before they appeared on v1, so it's probably also true that v3 is getting updates before v1, but I've not seen it yet myself. It's definitely believable though.

The link you provided is now showing me results that are identical with the old asset store (v1). It didn't appear to be doing so yesterday when I clicked it - the results were very different - so maybe something got fixed.

Anyway ... it's good to see that this essential feature is available in the new store. :)

22. hopeful

hopeful

A blue checkmark or something by the asset photo when it is listed would be helpful to show that the item is already owned. Sometimes I forget, "Is it this ninja or that ninja that I already own?" ;)

It would also be great to be able to filter for or against items currently owned. Like, with this Madness Sale, if I could click to filter for the sale items, then click to filter out the ones I already own.

I can see where comparing output from the store with my personal inventory of assets is a little more complex, so I'm okay with this feature being added after the rest of the site is cleaned up. But it's a good feature to have.

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    KarlGG likes this.
  23. hopeful

hopeful

Another good piece of news for the v3 asset store ... I can make a purchase! It had some hitches and hiccups - like it had to have my phone number as pure numeric, and not with the other characters it said it permitted (like "() -") - and I had to hit the "pay" button more than once, which is always a concern, but it went through and only charged me for the one purchase.

Early in v2's incarnation, I was able to purchase, but after a few months that changed, and any time I tried to make a purchase it would do the eternally spinning circle thing and nothing would happen. So for about the past year the v2 store was not usable by me.

So, another +1 to the UAS team for getting purchasing (mostly) fixed!

24. hopeful

hopeful

Here's another thing that needs to be fixed, I think.

In the old asset store we can look up our invoices for items fairly easily. You go to Credit Card / PayPal and it shows each asset you've purchased and under which invoice number. You can then use your browser's Find feature to locate the asset in question, and you can double check to make sure it is the right asset by clicking on the asset's link.

In the new store, it looks like this is not possible. There is no search, the invoices are only put on screen a few at a time, and the items purchased are hidden behind a button on each invoice line. There is absolutely no way to find out what invoice number goes with a particular asset ... right?

If that's indeed the case, we have to keep the old asset store around till this is fixed.

KarlGG and AndrewAssetStore like this.
  25. shredingskin

shredingskin

Another thing to ask is for notifications to be a pop-up again, it's the first thing I click every time I open up the assetstore, now it's on another page (and under another pop up) that you have to go back again, not very convenient.

hopeful and JBR-games like this.
  26. sxa

sxa

Yeah, and can we please get notifications for stuff being deprecated in favour of an entirely new version being sold as a different asset.

KarlGG likes this.
  27. Wilbert-Blom

Wilbert-Blom

2018.3.14f1

JBR-games likes this.
  28. Rowlan

Rowlan

Please add "Not interested" feature for assets, so that I never have to see them again.

And also please add an "Owned" flag to assets I already own.

halley, KarlGG, Malbers and 1 other person like this.
  29. ikazrima

ikazrima

It freezes the editor for 3-4 minutes when I go to my purchased page.
    And it freezes another 3-4 minutes when I try to sort my assets.

I'm on 2019.1.0f2.

Not impressed. Don't deprecate v1 please, it wasn't the best but it's usable.

edit : Even searching for assets freezes the editor. o_O

KarlGG and JBR-games like this.
  30. Deleted User

Deleted User

You should try instead of asking...

On Steam I use the two first digits of my phone number followed by zeros; no problem so far.

31. sxa

sxa

....aaaand of course the new V3 Asset Store, like the V2 asset store, still insists my 'license manager' account only owns 8 assets. Despite the fact that the V1 version is perfectly aware that Ive got all the UT-made assets downloaded onto this system.

32. snw

snw

Store completely stalls on Chrome due to various errors:

chrome.JPG

JBR-games likes this.
  33. Gladyon

Gladyon

I do not advise that, maybe in a future game you'll need it.
    Or we should also have a way to 'reset' the 'not interested' flag.

That's a good idea, and having a 'favorite' flag would also help.

I don't really like the idea of trying without knowing how they use the phone number.
    If they use it as a confirmation of ownership, then I may lose my account.

34. Rowlan

Rowlan

Definitely not. I even go further and would like a "Not interested" regarding a publisher and have everything of that publisher simply hidden.

halley and JBR-games like this.
  35. JBR-games

JBR-games

Ill have to admit that i very hesitant to buy anything on this current Sale(would be the first time in years i didnt buy atleast something on a big sale). Likely the only reason that v1 wasn't already removed was to keep the complaining down during this sale. But im sure it will be removed directly after sale ends... And where does this leave us? With assets that we will struggle to even have access to in the editor..
    Many months away.. ?

Can there some sort of guarantee from the asset store team that v1 will stay until all editor related issues are solved? And for that matter the ability to switch to v1 without the need to switch everytime.

KarlGG likes this.
  36. Player7

Player7

More annoying S***, can't use [mmb] on the 'my assets' button to have it open in a new tab, I like opening things in background tabs (all the time), lets me carrying on browsing the same tab I'm on... this sort of stuff is just effing backwards and annoying. Same goes with the limited functionality of the in editor asset tab,.. really need a my assets tab that is cached and doesn't need all this slow loading of the asset site

drcfrx, transat, KarlGG and 1 other person like this.
  37. Deleted User

Deleted User

If it's really required to confirm ownership and you enter a fancy telephone number, the software will notice it and tell you that it's not correct. :)
    And, if a telephone number is really required for that, I'll never buy anything on that store. Is it needed for free assets?

38. Deleted User

Deleted User

Delete the cookies and cache.

snw likes this.
  39. Player7

Player7

Also still see glimpses of the v1 store site load, and then the v2 site loads after..

JBR-games likes this.
  40. JBR-games

JBR-games

Anyone that owns more than a couple 100 assets will find the new v3 store editor 100% useless. Literally freezes up by just trying to scroll down...

How is this better design ? So i guess i will have no access to my assets anymore?

transat, daisySa and StevenPicard like this.
  41. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Yes. The plan is to not remove v1 until all of these issues are resolved.

Ryiah, hopeful, ikazrima and 3 others like this.
  42. Gladyon

Gladyon

I guess that like any standard dev they only tested with 3 assets, no more... maybe the Asset Store team should ask some help from the DOTS team.

You can load them directly using 'Assets -> Import Package -> Custom package...'.
    You'll need to know where to find it, but it can be done using an internet browser in 'My Assets' and to look for the name of the author of the asset. Except if you have tons of assets from the same author it is then easy to find out the .unitypackage you need.
    I do have only 111 assets, so maybe even with a browser it's slow if you have several hundreds assets. But from my experience, it's about 30-40 times faster with a browser than with the built-in Asset Store.

Of course, it's not as easy as it should be if the built-in Asset Store was up to the task, but at least it's a possible solution.

JBR-games likes this.
  43. JBR-games

JBR-games

Great news thank you.

44. JBR-games

JBR-games

Thank you, worth a try. So V1 although it has a 30sec- 1min load time. Once my 1000ish of assets are loaded has no lag. I can look through all of them. V3 loads in 100 random owned assets ok, only slightly faster than v1 loading all of my 1000 assets, but then when i cant find assets i know i own i click the add 450 more of them button and editor is completely locked up . so something in the new design does not scale at all...

KarlGG likes this.
  45. JBR-games

JBR-games

Out of curiosity do you mean that you can load already downloaded asset this way ? My issue is downloading new assets in the first place as editor is frozen up. Another even quick way is to go to
    local disc > "users">"yourName">"appdata">"Roaming">"Unity">"AssetStore"
    That is where all your previously downloaded assets are as unity packages..

So my work computer has a very limited amount of downloads on it where as my personal pc has several hundred i would guess. Work pc editor is alot faster loading atleast 10x than my personal pc. Even though my personal PC is much fast in most any spec. So alot of the speed issue must be coming from checking what is already downloaded.

46. bearbrand

bearbrand

During beta testing, the store was heavy, but I managed to use it.
    The layout changed in the official release is a very heavy load, affecting the behavior of Unity itself.
    When I returned to the old version of the store, the load disappeared and the problem disappeared.
    It's hard to understand why we used a layout that wasn't in beta testing.
    It is too early to lose the old version.

JBR-games and KarlGG like this.
  47. daisySa

daisySa

How do I access the old store? The "Shop On Old Store" link appears to have been removed.

Apologies if it's already been posted, I haven't had time to read the whole thread.

48. daisySa

daisySa

"Sort By Status" has been removed from v3 in the editor, although it's still there in v3 web. This functionality is essential to see which assets have been updated in the store since they were last imported.

I don't update each asset when a change is published; I only update an asset to the latest version when it offers something I need. Expecting us to sort by last publish date and then compare manually is not a practical solution.

Akshara and KarlGG like this.
  49. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

The link has been moved to the bottom of the page, right side.

daisySa likes this.
  50. ikazrima

ikazrima

It's still there in the editor.