Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Unity Asset Store site upgrade

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JanisAssetStore, Apr 29, 2019.

1. katasteel

katasteel

Labels can't be searched anymore.
    This is a big problem.
    Not sure when they stopped.
    I can see the labels are still on my assets but when I look under "My Assets" it shows this.
    upload_2020-5-18_15-4-32.png

At this point can we just get the old asset store back? At least that worked.

Socrates likes this.
  2. NuSyns

NuSyns

Looks like learn.unity.com is still having trouble with authentication. Is anyone else having trouble?.

If I am not logged in, I can browser learn.unity.com without an issue.

When I enter my email/password and the browser redirectes from learn.unity.com to oauth to authenticate my login, I see the the following error when the browser returns to learn.unity.com following successful authentication.

{"errorCode":"InternalServerError","message":"Internal server error: resp.StatusCode 500 != 200","target":"","details":null}

I've tested this in Firefox, Chrome, Edge with the same results.

Once this happens, I can no longer browse learn.unity.com and the only way to access the site is to clear the browser history and try again. Yep... the same thing happens as soon as I login.

However, If I know the URL, I can enter it and go straight to a tutorial (eg: https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/design-a-simple-puzzle ) but I cannot access anything from learn.unity.com directly.

Many Thanks.

3. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

Hey everybody, I just wanted to say that there are a lot of valid points about improvements that can be made. I heard that there were some seriously needed back-end updates that appear to have been rolled out with the new store....like really necessary things to lay the foundation for years to come. I agree the front-end still needs work, but they are going about it correctly through industry standards doing things like A/B testing, thus making many of these decisions based on data rather than opinion. I think the web team has been addressing issues in a responsive way. I think the new store really does look better (now) than the old one and that's probably helping sales overall. I can only assume that a lot of data was collected during the last spring sale that will further increase sales.

I do miss being able to search for assets based on size and I've experienced many of the things listed in this thread, but I really do think we're experiencing a growing pain that is in the right direction (overall). The old store really did look old and it's reasonable to expect Unity to want to bring in new users with a cosmetic face lift with bigger images and such....it actually would make them look really f'ing lazy if they didn't upgrade it. Keep in mind that the average unity user probably doesn't care as much about this stuff as those of us dealing sometimes with hundreds of assets for sale and/or that we've bought over the years.

4. Socrates

Socrates

@AndrewAssetStore, Not only this, but you cannot edit existing labels to remove them from an asset.

Tried in both Firefox and Chrome.

wood333 likes this.
  5. haomin1

haomin1

Unity Technologies

Thanks for the reporting, this label issue on "My Assets" already fixed

Last edited: May 25, 2020
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

Can someone of the Asset Store please explain this:

Original Released May 24, 2018
    First Release Apr 15, 2020

And why is the "Visit site" link this one?

http://0.0.0.123/

I've noticed that a few times already.

It doesn't make any sense at all.

Link:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/props/guns/colt-1911-83269

And is it allowed to sell an asset here for $10 and for $25 elsewhere? I thought it would be against the rules.

Thank you!

asset store.jpg

7. ron-bohn

ron-bohn

That's good for unity if the better deal is on the asset store website. Either way, Unity is non-exclusive for asset store publishers and has been for many many years. This isn't related to the new asset store because that aspect is the same as the old store. Cheers!

Rowlan likes this.
  8. hopeful

hopeful

So ... is my version of the asset store broken? Or are they simply not telling us anything about when sales start and end on the store?

I mean ... that should be the place to say something, you know. Especially about when a sale starts and ends.

wood333 and JBR-games like this.
unityunity