Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store - saved assets / lists gone?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by eses, Nov 12, 2020.

1. eses

eses

I was browsing Asset Store few minutes ago.

I tried to heart an asset, but the button seemed inactive.

After a couple of tries I decided to check my Saved Assets (heart icon in top bar), and I noticed that all my old lists seem to be gone?

Is this possibly some temporary glitch or have the lists been wiped for some reason?

I had created probably 16 or more lists where I keep interesting stuff for reference, so it would be shame to lose those.

I'm sure I'm logged in into Asset Store as I see all my bought assets etc.

tezza2k1 likes this.
  2. tezza2k1

tezza2k1

Yes, mine are gone as well. I first noticed this 24h ago.

I can see Saved For Later (with 28 for me) and Favorites (with zero.. should be lots more)

Can someone from Unity chime in as to why they have been deleted.

I curated my lists over years for multiple projects and this is very disappointing to have lost the lists.

alsharefeeee and eses like this.
  3. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

This was a useful unique feature that didn't exist in Unreal Engine market place, it would be a shame for Unity to remove it entirely.

eses likes this.
  4. cracker999999

cracker999999

I have the same problem, I don't how to do, S***!

5. eses

eses

@alsharefeeee

""This was a useful unique feature that didn't exist in Unreal Engine market place, it would be a shame for Unity to remove it entirely."

I hope it is temporary... as the buttons are still there in the UI and only my lists are empty.

alsharefeeee likes this.
  6. sirleto

sirleto

i have the same problem also, lets hope someone only broke the behaviour, not purged all our saved data.
    i had around 15 lists with each holding nearly the limit of 100 entries ...

it would be devastating for me to lose all that work :-|

eses likes this.
  7. rasto61

rasto61

Not sure who to ping, but if relevant @AndrewAssetStore are lists no longer showing up intentional?

eses likes this.
  8. Cerberus_team

Cerberus_team

Same here, i spent a lot of time creating lists and sorting assets and they' re all gone.

9. freyzorr

freyzorr

Same here. All my lists are gone and the heart functionality is broken. Really useful to keep track of stuff your interested in but perhaps not relevant right now.

10. Werewolf_GS

Werewolf_GS

Just here to report the same problem, that feature is really important for my work.

If Unity could fix it, that would be great.

Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 14, 2020
  11. RowlaHex

RowlaHex

I noticed this a couple days ago. This is a big issue in my opinion. Those saved assets/favourites turn into sales for asset creators - I would be screaming if I were them. Yesterday I went to buy several assets that had a similar artistic style (finding similar styles across different asset creators can take a long time to curate!) and my saved assets were empty. I only have a couple entries in "Saved for Later" that I had previously pulled from a shopping cart. Please fix!

tezza2k1 and eses like this.
  12. LaneFox

LaneFox

This was reported among publishers a few days ago and the Asset Store team is looking into it.

I don't think the lists are gone, as some of them have reappeared again but others are still missing.

tezza2k1 likes this.
  13. eses

eses

@LaneFox

"This was reported among publishers a few days ago and the Asset Store team is looking into it."

Is there a public thread somewhere?

14. cybersoft

cybersoft

Still not working! So, we have to wait.

15. LaneFox

LaneFox

No, it's in the private publisher forum. I think this thread could serve as the public thread =)

eses likes this.
  16. motonari728

motonari728

I'm faced with this bug.
    And my order history page is blank too.
    Even though I bought assets yesterday.

Is there relation between these bugs?

17. jandd661

jandd661

I too am missing my order history. I need an order number and as far as I know that is the only place to find it if you can't find your email receipt.

18. sluggo123

sluggo123

I'm also experiencing this issue! All lists + my entire order history is completely gone..

19. tezza2k1

tezza2k1

Yes, just checked... my Order History gone.

I need the Order History for my tax returns... it is vital to have these restored so I can claim expenses.

20. tezza2k1

tezza2k1

Mine have been restored

Saved Assets: Restored
    Order History: Restored

Thanks whoever within Unity sorted this out. Tape backups ?

Everyone on this thread should take a moment to check if theirs has been restored

21. sluggo123

sluggo123

Just checked! None of my LISTS have been restored! ;/ However the order history is back.
    Did you reach out to Unity support regarding this issue or did it just randomly happen?

tezza2k1 likes this.
  22. eses

eses

My lists are still completely empty...

tezza2k1 likes this.
  23. Gladyon

Gladyon

My lists are restored, thanks to whoever fixed it.

24. RowlaHex

RowlaHex

My lists are restored as well. (I didn't initially notice if my order history was missing as per other commenters in this thread, but I can see them).

Thanks!

-- joel

25. tezza2k1

tezza2k1

It just randomly happened. The Unity folk were clearly working quietly on it behind the scenes

26. sluggo123

sluggo123

Alrighty, mine still aren't back, thinking about reaching out to them

27. eses

eses

@sluggo123

Pretty much same here...

BUT I can now see the lists I have created when I press the heart button.

However, the Saved Assets page itself doesn't show my lists...

unity_saved_assets.PNG

28. LaneFox

LaneFox

This is reportedly a database overload that they are actively fixing.

29. Gladyon

Gladyon

I have my favorites lists back, and most of the invoices, but not the oldest ones.
    The invoices prior 2018-06-03 are listed, I have access to the order details, but the links to the invoices are producing 404 errors.

30. sluggo123

sluggo123

Reached out to Unity regarding this, they told me earlier this weeek it'd be fixed by the end of the week but I still cannot access any of my lists as well as I cannot even buy any assets anymore which is especially annoying now that everything is on sale...

eses likes this.
  31. eses

eses

I'm going to skip sale too I guess. (not that I would buy that many assets in general...)

My "Saved assets" is still empty.

32. eovento

eovento

I keep several lists relatetd to different projects, with all the assets I'm interested in buying. I always use my own lists as reference on every Sale, and as they are gone now I won't even bother scrolling the Black Friday. Label System also sucks big time and after spending thousands on assets its VERY DIFFICULT to keep things organized in a way which is convenient to the user. This, together with new prefab stupid system since 2018 AND the new Package Manager workflow (argh!) are very good pushes towards Unreal (finally).

sirleto likes this.
  33. RowlaHex

RowlaHex

And....my lists are gone again. Woke up early to go through my short list of assets and then BUY some.

Unity really doesn't want our money. I feel bad for asset creators.

eses likes this.
  34. unity_EFB69C7B686532786E8E

unity_EFB69C7B686532786E8E

Im having this issue, two years after this thread was posted. All my assets are gone within the unity site (not my unity project) and some get 404 errors when I try and views an asset.

35. nasos_333

nasos_333

There is currently extra load due to multiple sales, so could be a reason

36. sirleto

sirleto

i didnt work for me end of 2020, but testing it right now at end of 2023 ... it works (46 lists, each list 40-70 items, 6 lists have above 100 items ... they changed the limit of 100 items for me some years ago :-D)

37. crawfis

crawfis

It seems to have broken again over the weekend. I can see my lists, but keep trying to add assets to a new list and it says it saves it but that list is always empty.

Barnimsson and rayyfq like this.
  38. sirleto

sirleto

this stuff in the store seems to "break" always when there are big sales going on + lots of people have time (weekends) ... so maybe its a problem of cloud performance configuration (save money versus availability + performance) and thus some backend / DB part has a timeout ...

advice: keep the tabs open in your browser, try again 17h later ;-)

39. fadizant

fadizant

I face the same issue, but sometimes it works without any reason, so I think there is a workaround for this issue. If I find it, I will post it here.

Barnimsson likes this.
  40. Cinnaspice

Cinnaspice

March 2024, Flash sale currently happening and all my lists are gone except for the Saved For Later list. Favorites and all of my created lists are gone. I rely on these lists to know what I need/want for my projects, so I really need them back, please.

StasonicK, sirleto and FlightFight like this.
  41. Igrodelsky

Igrodelsky

StasonicK likes this.
  42. sirleto

sirleto

I have the same issue right now :-/

StasonicK likes this.
  43. sirleto

sirleto

still not working for me :-(

StasonicK likes this.
  44. palanolho_unity

palanolho_unity

I can still see the lists when adding stuff to them (with the <3 icon) but when I go toe "my saved" there is nothing there ... oO hope they are not gone for sure ...

StasonicK likes this.
  45. StasonicK

StasonicK

The same problem

46. sirleto

sirleto

did anyone manually contact support and got it solved?
    for me the favorites view does load very long, so maybe thats somekind of timeout mechanism happening?

i have very many favorite lists (25ish) and many favorited items (500+) so this is maybe a query too long for the DB, maybe as the DB has a lot of traffic with sales right now (or someone scaled the instance down to save costs, perhaps?)

47. Aldens-Tetra-Matrix

Aldens-Tetra-Matrix

I am having the same issue, if we could please get a resolve soon. Thank you.

48. Aldens-Tetra-Matrix

Aldens-Tetra-Matrix

There has been an on going issue with the saved asset lists. I have not had this issue directly, until now, but many times I have had an issue with the Lists saving in the past. If you go to an asset that you have not saved yet & try to favorite it you will most like be able to see that you can still save it to your lists. If not then maybe its a bigger issue but if so then it is a validation that the list are still there but they are just not working on the interaction UI on your side of the equation for some reason going on with the coding at the moment. Hopefully they fix it soon, I am sure its one of those "known issues that we are currently working" type things. :p :( :) I hope it gets fixed soon I use those lists not just to link but also to pre note thoughts & designs in my mind on concepts to consider.

49. sirleto

sirleto

i wrote a support ticket, and since a few days later it works again (for me).
    i never received a support ticket reply, though !?

also nobody has posted here, so i guess they generally solved it (upscaling cloud instance or something simple).
    anyway, before my favorites had a long loading time (i have very many) + then timeout and only "saved for later" was shown.

now the loading time is very fast, so maybe someone improved the system by code :)