Search Unity

Asset Store Request: Load Screen System?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Xander-Davis, Jul 31, 2012.

1. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Could really use a Load Screen system. Basically a progress bar in a scene, a background image that works on any device / platform, and an inspection panel where you can drop in the Scene as a variable for the loading system to load. So basically you send to this scene, the scene loads the subsequent specific scene you specify in an inspection panel, a progress bar fills, then upon 100% load, triggers a scene change to the loaded scene.

Anybody want to make it for the Asset Store? :D :D :D

2. runningbird

runningbird

I'll add it to my list of things to create.

3. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

4. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Thats going to be a unity pro only thing but how much do you think you would pay for it?

5. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

If I was able to make it, I'd price it around $50 or less. Everybody can afford that and everybody will need it. This is going to do volume business.

I need to learn how to program. I'd be a lot richer by now.

6. Default117

Default117

It is literally a few lines of code to load in a new scene as you described. Only as far as i know the async loading progress variable is still broken? Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

7. Mars91

Mars91

Ithink it can be done also for non pro users. You can load assets when you are on the load scene.

8. Default117

Default117

Asynchronous loading of scenes however require unity pro.

9. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Yeah and not to mention there is already a free loading system in the asset store.

10. Xander-Davis

Xander-Davis

Is there? I haven't seen it. That's cool-- what's the name of it? I guess I'm looking for a plug-n-play solution. I wouldn't have to set hardly anything up. It just does what a standard loading screen should do these days with virtually zero set-up.

Bonus points if this existing or new loadscreen system is fully compatible with uniSWF, allowing you to use a Flash-built fullscreen animated looping background... Just like I did on Transformers: WFC:

(Note how there's no progress bar-- so it would be part of the system, but you don't have to show it. Bonus if you can just toggle it off in the Inspection Pane instead of having to hide it off-camera without breaking code link-ups)

Cheers!

11. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

The one I found was called TransitionsManager and it was free, seemed to work okay when I tested it.

12. Trinda

Trinda

I'm writing a simple one now