Search Unity

Asset Store Rejection Feedback

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by mrphilipjoel, Mar 22, 2021.

1. mrphilipjoel

mrphilipjoel

Has anyone ever been rejected, but not told why?

I was rejected and told to review the guidelines here: https://unity3d.com/asset-store/sell-assets/submission-guidelines

What made me crazy, is in the second paragraph it says:
    You will always be notified of your rejection if your project does not uphold these standards. If there are corrections that need to be made to your product, you will be provided with as specific as possible reasoning as to why your submission was rejected.
    But, my rejection email just stated:
    This package does not meet our current quality standards. There are many aspects of the package that does not meet our requirements in our submission guidelines or we have decided that your asset is not marketable on this type of marketplace.
    I don't get it. I met all the submission guidelines. My photo resolutions were exactly what they asked for. I followed a detailed youtube tutorial on how to submit to the asset store. I don't understand why I was rejected.

They suggested I post in the forum and ask for help, but I don't really feel comfortable posting my assets in a public forum.

My asset is a low poly candy pack. I'm not even an artist, but I couldn't find any candy packs on the asset store that matched the low poly art style packs I was using. So, I made my own. The candy bar shapes are very rudimentary, and the texture file was drawn with a pixel art tool. I love how it all turned out, and I feel would be an asset others would look to use.

2. mgear

mgear

no need to post the assets itself, but screenshots.. (so we can give feedback)