Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store Refund(Publisher Issue)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Thunderent, May 3, 2017.

1. Thunderent

Thunderent

Pocket Artist

Hello!

Today, after logging in into my admin page I noticed I have 2 refunds(NOT chargebacks) listed to one of my model packs.I did check out other threads and also the FAQ that says :

"As specified in the Asset Store EULA all sales are final. However, you are welcome to contact the publisher of the asset for their assistance. In some cases, they may be willing to authorize a refund at their discretion."

I didn't receive any complaint, comment on the package page or e-mail.The package was bought while it was discounted in the large discount event from the Asset Store.

It's not really about the money here(the asset had a price of 7$, not a lot).The thing which I am curious is why did someone request a refund.I would like to know what's wrong with the package in order to fix it and come to an agreement with the "dissapointed" customer.

I did read about Unity automatically issue-ing refunds to customers who purchased duplicates accidentally or due to error.Could the "Large Sale" event caused an error when one of my customers purchased my package?

Thank you,
    Thunderent.

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Yes, it's almost certainly this. Due to the large volume of sales, a lot of publishers are seeing a handful of automatic refunds like this.

3. ifurkend

ifurkend

You're not alone. The auto-refunding right now doesn't operate sensibly. I had transactions this month of assets whose discounts should had expired on 30 April got either refunded or not refunded. But a discounted transaction supposedly occurred during the April sale got refunded as well, resulting negative gross.