Search Unity

Asset Store - Promo codes?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by davew175, Jul 18, 2011.

1. davew175

davew175

Hi,

Does the Asset store allow publishers to create promo codes to give discounts to specific people? If so, can you limit the number times a code can be used?

Thanks

2. freyr

freyr

Hi David.

The Asset Store does not currently support promo codes, but we might add support for these or something similar at some point in the future.

What would be a typical scenario where you could use a feature like this?

3. keely

keely

Typically you give free bonus codes to reviewers or maybe other devs you wan't feedback from. Ofc nothing is stopping from sending it via e-mail, because these typically don't need updating.

Not very typical but a free code for some competition winners could be fun too and you'd want them to be able to update.

I would love to be able to do bundles too. It seems that there is going to be 3rd party extension to my product and bundling it with mine would make sense. However, I can see how this might be difficult for you to build into the system given all the complications that it raises. Bundles are known to boost the sales though, so could be worth the pain if the store grows.

4. numberkruncher

numberkruncher

Are promo codes supported at this time?

5. BHS

BHS

Would also like to see this feature on the Asset Store.

6. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

It would be nice to offer "deals", for example if you buy both assets now you can save 25% from the total cost (say its 35 each you get both for 56.25 or whatever). Also being able to change the price should be easier (for example if you wanted to put 50% off friday) it would be nice to do that in real time rather than having to submit again.

Last edited: May 9, 2012
    Socrates likes this.
  7. xtrememediaworx

xtrememediaworx

There are so many things I want to buy, but always been waiting for some Sales Special, or Mega Sale. There should be a monthly madness sale so that if anyone misses out on daily specials could buy them on Monthly madness sale. And of course if something is not on special a promocode offering will also help a lot to make people buy the assets they have always loved.

8. TMPxyz

TMPxyz

Promo codes and faster process to start a deal would be great!

9. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Promo codes, vouchers and coupons are stuff publishers have already asked for for years now... the answer has always been the same:"we might add that in the future...". It's really, about time to implement this...

Hosnkobf likes this.
  10. donov

donov

+1

11. jerotas

jerotas

I'll +1 that as well. I think Aiursrage2k's idea is the most appealing to me. Discount because you bought another product. Would be awesome!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  12. nuverian

nuverian

+1 for coupons. This is important

13. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

Promo codes exist now...you get 12 per asset per year.

--Eric

14. PROTOFACTOR_Inc

PROTOFACTOR_Inc

Are you sure promo code exist? I think it's just vouchers in order to get free stuff. Or maybe I'm missing something. Coupons to get a rebate on asset don't exist yet to what I'm aware about.

15. randomperson42

randomperson42

That's correct. There are vouchers that publishers can give away as freebies but no promo codes for discounts or anything like that yet.

16. Kreshi

Kreshi

I know this is an old thread but... Coupons would be a great way to run custom marketing campaigns. I'm having a lot of trouble understanding if a campaign worked or not. With coupons we would have the possibility to check whether a unit was sold by the campaign or not. In addition, we could easily create individual discounts.

HoneyPhonic likes this.