Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store Pricing

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by inSight01, Feb 22, 2019.

1. inSight01

inSight01

Recently made my first ever purchase via the Asset Store. It was advertised for $70 ($77 with taxes) and that's what it said I was paying.

Checked my bank statement and noticed Unity had taken $108 from my account. The listing price of $70 was in USD but this wasn't made clear during the transaction process. This seems incredibly misleading. Had I known this I would have waited until the Asset was being discounted.

Is this normal for Unity?

I would have assumed they, like many other established places, do currency conversion to let the buyer know what they will be spending in their own currency before submitting a purchase.

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

The Asset Store typically does currency conversion. Are you using a VPN or proxy that would make the store think you're in a USD region?

If you haven't downloaded the asset yet, you may be able to request a refund by emailing support (at) unity3d.com.

If you have already downloaded it, take consolation in the thought that your purchase helps an independent developer, many of whom barely make minimum wage on their Asset Store sales but do it for the love of game development.