Search Unity

Feedback Asset Store - Please remove "Compare assets" window

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leonid, Sep 25, 2021.

1. Leonid

Leonid

Could you guys please remove "Compare assets" window?
    I'm really tired of it. It pops up everytime and takes 20% of screen space. And there is no way to hide it once and for all.
    And from a developer's perspective, let me tell you something: you are not comparing assets by size / shape / color. These are not bananas or apples.
    Either the asset suits your project and budget, or it doesn't.

PS: I already posted this request on the Asset Store forum, however it quickly drowned due to the active promotion of assets. Here is the link to the thread: https://forum.unity.com/threads/please-remove-compare-assets-window.1158722/

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
  2. Mauri

Mauri

Rather than fully remove it, make it only pop up when you really want to compare products. Just like how it should be.

Joe-Censored and hopeful like this.
  3. jeroll3d

jeroll3d

4. Marscaleb

Marscaleb

THIS THIS THIS!

A short while ago they had a huge banner at the bottom of the screen that would always appear in each window. Now they've removed that but they added a "compare" button underneath each and every asset, which is even worse. At least the banner I could close, but these buttons suck of screen space I can't get back.

Why is it so hard to think people could open up new tabs to look at assets? This isn't the 90's and we aren't browsing in Netscape.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
  5. Enzi

Enzi

It's a good feature but way too intrusive. Please save the state in a session so it'll only open up the next time I visit the asset store in a new window.

6. launemax

launemax

+1
    i agree, a very annoying overlay. please hide this forever

7. SunnySunshine

SunnySunshine