Search Unity

Asset Store Payment Schedule

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by ScienceFiction, Apr 6, 2011.

1. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

Hello everyone,
    I'm wondering if any of you with products on the Asset Store have received any information from the staff of the store on your Quarter 1 payments. I sent them an email, but no response for a whole week now, as usual.

Their FAQ stipulated that we would be contacted shortly after March 31 for our bank info.

2. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

You have to make more than $250 I think was mentioned in another thread, before you get anything.

3. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

I made exactly that. I just wish they had support staff or something. I recall a thread of many upset users who had all been trying to get the Asset Store to respond to them for a month or more. I still want to know if anyone else has been contacted about Q1 payment :)

4. Frank Oz

Frank Oz

You made $250 before or after all the deductions, fee's etc. ? Maybe they're only counting it if it's after?

5. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

Maybe Frank, but I don't see why it should be a mystery, you know?

6. MatthewJCollins

MatthewJCollins

Even though I wouldn't have gotten a payout this month, I tried emailing a question about it and got no response as well. I have to say, I'm a little disappointed in the way UT is handling the financial aspect of the Asset Store at the moment. I think it's set up rather strange, and ignoring inquires from developers seems rather rude. I know it's still new and there will be kinks to work out, but the way the financial end is handled needs some revision and better developer support IMO.

I don't know where they came up with the $250 threshold, but I'd like to see it lowered to around $100 and be paid out monthly. The whole invoicing thing seems goofy too. Why not just collect bank info or a paypal account and pay out automatically?

Just my 2 cents.

7. Draad

Draad

Seems they do all manualy, so I think actualy 3 mounth waiting is cool, or they will spend all time in sending payments. Also by paying customers every 3 mounth, they can place all benefits and get 3 mounth bank interest, that is a compensation for the low 30% rate they charge us I think.

8. Eric5h5

Eric5h5

Volunteer Moderator Moderator

I've been contacted.

It's not a mystery; it's stated in the guidelines.

I strongly disagree. It should be monthly, and there's no way they would "spend all time in sending payments". It's just not that time-consuming, and there aren't that many developers. Especially since you need to have accumulated at least $250 (after UT takes their cut), which probably means for some people it wouldn't be monthly anyway.

--Eric

9. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

The Asset Store is a new and very much appreciated asset for all of us, no doubt. I agree that many things are set up oddly, but that is to be expected and I have hope for its future. The ignoring emails is not professional.
    By the way, the Provider Agreement allows 10 days from the end of the quarter for a report of earnings.

10. 3dDude

3dDude

I got mine.... I made way past 250 ;)

Cheers! I hope it all works in the end!

11. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

Well I guess that answers my question, thanks.

12. langju

langju

Well, I've received an email too from the AS Team but still no payment :) I think this will be completed that week.

13. nikko

nikko

Paid on time.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  14. Teejay5

Teejay5

Wait, do you have to make 250$ total or 250$ per object on the asset store?

15. HeV

HeV

250$ total
    i've been payed also last week, few days after their email
    so i guess you guys will get it very soon

16. temo_koki

temo_koki

@ScienceFictionado
    Hi,
    Have you got your money?

17. ScienceFiction

ScienceFiction

temo_koki... I was not paid because i only grossed $250. You must net at least $250 to be paid. Wouldn't you know i net'd more than $250 just afew days later, my luck.

18. temo_koki

temo_koki

hmm... I have 940, but I'm not paid yet. I sent message to assetstore@unity3d.com 8 days ago, but no answer :(

19. Teejay5

Teejay5

wow, how many quarters did it take you to make that much?
    I want to try submitting a nice asset of mine to the Asset store, seeing as I want cash for a new computer...

Some people are getting paid and some aren't; I'm not sure what could be going on..

20. temo_koki

temo_koki