Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Asset Store Packages - Demo Scenes

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by BinaryCats, Aug 14, 2020.

1. BinaryCats

BinaryCats

Hello,
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I figure this is the best place suited for it.

Since as long as I can remember the unofficial official workflow of using the asset store has been:
    1. Buy asset
    2. download asset into empty project
    3. Copy the bits you need into your actual project
    The reasoning behind this, is because it has some big positives:
    • You don't gunk up your project with demo assets (which are required for asset store submission)
    • You don't edit the original assets
      • you always have a clean copy
      • You don't cross reference things from the demo which may be cleaned up at a later date
    But now with the Package manager working with the store (which I LOVE the idea) How is this suppose to work?

The required demo of the asset will always be in every project that uses that package?

I am about to submit a Asset Store submission of my product which focuses on Asset management, its a bit ironic of me to gunk up the project of my users with demo assets.

My suggestion is that Asset store submission would require two packages, a core package and a demo package (with the latter being dependent on the former).

Apologies if I have misunderstood something and there is a work around for this

Thanks in advance!

2. BinaryCats

BinaryCats