Search Unity

Official Asset Store Originals: Real-world Asset Packs

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by AndrewAssetStore, Jan 8, 2019.

1. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Please use this official thread for discussion & questions. We will post the most frequently asked questions below.

Asset Store Originals produces top quality art work for use in all types of projects. Our aim is to provide the highest quality art work for end users, while providing a world for other Asset Store publishers to build upon.

81bad300-9be4-4eb7-88fa-f5f2eec7eb45_scaled.jpg
    Key requirements information
    • Requires Unity 2018.3 or later
    • Requires HDRP: Choose the HDRP pipeline when you create a new project.
    73b9083b-7309-4544-885d-defd4e7cb6ba_scaled.jpg

Frequently Asked Questions

• TBD
    9a8f9bf4-d63f-4b1f-98be-ef5b29ac65bf_scaled.jpg

Mauri and LennartJohansen like this.
  2. chingwa

chingwa

Why is this post pinned? This is just an asset like any other, other than being sold by Unity.

3. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Over time, we hope that other publishers will begin creating new content that works for this. While this is just one asset now, it will eventually be an ecosystem made up mostly by assets produced by publishers like yourself.

4. Roni92pl

Roni92pl

IDK if it's textures or post-process but materials kinda looks like made of plasticine. Mainly elevation.

Gekigengar likes this.
  5. shredingskin

shredingskin

In the description is says modular, but looking at the package preview the buildings are pre-made, so which one is it ?

Also, does it comes with HDRP materials ?

EDIT: Also is a nice practice to have a preview image of the assets you get on the pack, just the assets on a basic plane, for people to easily see what they're buying (unity should encourage this, in UE marketplace most of the assets have this preview image).

Last edited: Jan 19, 2019
  6. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

Thank you for the feedback. Modularity refers to the objects being modular. I agree an overview image would be helpful and will ask that we add one when possible.

7. Resin

Resin

I pulled up 'other assets by this author' and found some free SNAPS items that look very interesting to play with, how representative of ACTP would you say these are? The textures and post processing are obviously very different, is the modularity similar?

A picture of all the assets in rows, would be very nice.

Has anyone played around with this and/or the Yggdrasil Icon Pack? They both have similar pricing and pinned threads, so forgive the request for a direct comparison.

8. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

The SNAPS packs are in a soft-launch phase, and are intended to be used for quick prototyping. We expect that one day you'll be able to replace the objects in the SNAPS pack with higher quality objects from packages that other publishers make, or from packages that from Unity Originals, offering new ways to prototype and build levels, depending on your personal workflow desire.

Side note: the first Youtube video (that we know of) featuring the SNAPS office pack has been posted by a user:

Resin likes this.
  9. TokyoWarfareProject

TokyoWarfareProject

TBH, I see no reason to pin the asset. The image is totally washed out, not sure if are textures postprocesing or what but something feels wrong. for it to be pinned should be a sssuper top notch thing like "The Hunt - Cyberpunk Pack"

10. JesOb

JesOb

Hi

Can you describe polycount of each or most of models in pack please?

11. AndersMalmgren

AndersMalmgren

For that price you need to add more info. LIke a youtube video showing the scene in game. Also an overview picture of all the included assets. Also why HDRP only? There is alot of people stuck on standard PBR pipeline

Resin likes this.
  12. quincyHuang

quincyHuang

Does it work in 2019.1f? It seems to get errors when I import this pack to a 2019 project. (Did I miss something?)

13. Nyarlathothep

Nyarlathothep

I get a lot of errors and warnings when I import this into 2018.3:

Unity_2019-05-01_16-13-00.png

There are 118 warnings (all the same self-intersecting warning).

Edit: I also have a missing script on the _SceneSettings object.

Last edited: May 1, 2019
  14. shredingskin

shredingskin

Well, I bit the bullet and bought the asset.
    Pros:
    - Beautiful work with the textures just amazing, assets and overall detail of everything is top quality.
    - Wide array of props,
    -The 200 dollars price was too stiff, but at $60 is very reasonable priced.
    - The 5 buildings have a bunch of interesting geometry so it doesn't get repetitive and can create many looks with material/doors/windows swapping.
    - Pretty much everything has wellmade LODs.
    - Standard HDRP shaders, so it works with the newer version.
    Cons:
    - It's not modular, there are 5 premade buildings (even the decals are premade to fit those buildings). They should add wallpieces/roofs/sidewalks to call this modular.
    - The scene is not correctly set up, lod's not sharing lightmaps (and some LODs are not 0 0 0), instanced materials on batching static objects. some reflection probes artifacts in some places.
    - some z-fighting in some places.

Overall pretty happy with the asset, it's just too overpriced at regular price and some minimal technical problems.
    I get those warnings basically in every HDRP project.

NinjaVR, Resin, Kamakrazee and 2 others like this.
  15. ZenUnity

ZenUnity

From the store page:
    "Due to changes in HDRP, this package currently is not supported in 2019.1. We will be updating it in the coming months to add 2019.x compatibility."

What is the timeline for these to be updated?

16. AndrewAssetStore

AndrewAssetStore

Unity Technologies

I'm not sure of an exact ETA at this point.

17. shredingskin

shredingskin

It does work, just that the package uses postprocessing stack V2 and now HDRP has it's own PPS, you just have remake the post process.

I really hope they add Actual modular parts/walls someday in the future (don't count on it though).

ZenUnity and AndrewAssetStore like this.
  18. jbooth

jbooth

Hey, I hope other publishers create more MicroSplat modules and create a whole eco system of them, so can you pin the MicroSplat thread as well? I mean, if that's the requirement and all and you're not just using your position as an unfair advantage.

Rowlan, Willbkool_FPCS and chingwa like this.
  19. jjxtra

jjxtra

Lol. But I do agree, it would be like Apple featuring their own app store apps above all others. At the end of the day you own the asset store so are the ultimate power in this specific galaxy.

20. jbooth

jbooth

True; but be straight about it instead of coming up with reasons that aren’t equally applicable. That is, ultimately, my point; not that they should or shouldn’t do what they want; it’s their store.

21. radiantboy

radiantboy

I bought this, the Asian Residential pack, but the colliders are all missing, when I try to add them you cant walk through doors etc. Do you have a fixed version with working colliders?