Search Unity

Asset Store Memory Leak on Firefox

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by King_of_L1mbs, Sep 17, 2019.

1. King_of_L1mbs

King_of_L1mbs

Anyone else got a crashing Firefox with the asset store?
    This is happening to me since a few months. Whenever I open the asset store, no matter whether I come to buy from Unity editor or just googled some asset, the store freezes my browser and starts flooding my memory. I am on auto-updates working on two PCs with the same result and at least one Firefox-version has been pushed since this occured. Might be since the in the forums announced store upgrade in April.

2. ianmcmillian

ianmcmillian

I have the same issue. Found this thread as the first google search result.

3. King_of_L1mbs

King_of_L1mbs

I opened an issue on the firefox bugreport website. Found nobody who could reproduce this. I then just upgraded my firefox to the latest nightly build which comes as a clean install (you can have it parallel to your old install). That one works. Guess time will solve this problem if its not some weird interaction with anything a firefox full of bookmarks and plugins creates.

4. Lynx891

Lynx891

I just started getting this problem as well, it was fine previously, now it starts eating up memory when I open the asset store. I opened the site in Chrome, and seemed fine, guess its a Firefox specific issue.

5. spozd

spozd

had the same. found out it was browser addon issue (crypto pro in my case). check about:addons