Search Unity

Asset Store May 2018 payout delay?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by TheHatlessGuy, Jun 15, 2018.

1. TheHatlessGuy

TheHatlessGuy

Hi everybody!

I was wondering if it's only me or is Unity a bit late with this month's Asset Store paypal payouts?

Also, I noticed that June is usually the weakest time of the year when it comes to sales, but this month was a disaster for me so far. How are you guys doing this month?

Oyedoyin1 and JamesArndt like this.
  2. TheHatlessGuy

TheHatlessGuy

Any asset developers here? I'm starting to worry...

JamesArndt likes this.
  3. hernanperez85

hernanperez85

I'm not a publisher, but as regular Asset Store customer I have bought anything I needed(and more) on the last sale and since then I haven't bought anything. I think many people could be in similar situations.

TheHatlessGuy likes this.
  4. slaczky

slaczky

I noticed too the paypal payout delay, not got paid sofar for May sales. For me the June sales are okay.

5. Epichunter

Epichunter

I join, I'm already in the yard on June 16, and the translation was never made. Probably what that problems at unity, so at least have notified in mail.

6. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yep I doubled checked that all of my payouts have been on the 14th of the month for the last 6 months or so, and I was expecting the payout on time yesterday. I was waiting to see if someone would post a thread about this. I wish someone from Unity would chime and let us know what's going on with the delay.

Yeah sales are pretty dismal this month, but I already expect them to go down over the summer. The sales numbers in the fall and around the holidays are far better.|

Edit: I've messaged AndrewAssetStore in hopes of getting some more info from the source as to what's going on.

Any ideas Salvatore_Unity?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  7. Mars314

Mars314

I'm joining in as well, didn't get paid for May sales yet.

8. Timze

Timze

Noted as well but ain't there that "around" 15 day of the month? So it might be Monday, right?

JamesArndt and TheHatlessGuy like this.
  9. Epichunter

Epichunter

10. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Yeah I just got concerned because for me at least it's been paid out like clockwork on the 14th of every month. It's never deviated at least within the last 6 months. Now suddenly nothing on the 14th!?

11. Epichunter

Epichunter

So what are the news friends?

JamesArndt likes this.
  12. AdamLiu

AdamLiu

Still not getting paid by far. Usually it's at 14th when the payment happened, but now it's 17th, still no payment. But I'm new to asset store, Unity only paid my twice. I think a bit delay is normal, I suppose it would arrive at Monday.

JamesArndt, AltSoftLab and Epichunter like this.
  13. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Nothing so far, but it's the weekend so everyone has probably clocked out until Monday. This time concerns me for a few reasons. One, I've been a seller since 2014 and the absolute latest I'm seeing a payout is the 16th of the month (in my four year sales history)...if it's been late it's been the 15th usually and almost consistently every month it's been the 14th. We're on the 17th now and in the four years I've been selling it's never once been this late. The second thing is that the two or three asset store admin contacts I reached out to, none has responded. I'm not losing sleep over it, but I'm very curious as to what's going on internally with this?

TheHatlessGuy and Epichunter like this.
  14. hcdjp

hcdjp

Hey, we are probably going to see the payment on Monday 18. Unity must have had a delay on 14 and 15th June.

slaczky likes this.
  15. ZugZug-Art

ZugZug-Art

It's already 18th .. Still no payout

16. slaczky

slaczky

wait 6-8 hours, currently in the USA is early morning, I believe we get paid later this day.

17. TheHatlessGuy

TheHatlessGuy

Hi, did someone from Unity assure you of that date?

Last time there was a huge delay, they at least let us know what's going on - then, they blamed it on the failure of new payment system (if I remember correctly), but what the heck is going on now?!

18. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

I've messaged multiple of the official Unity asset store admins privately and I've had no responses for anything since I sent those messages Friday the 15th. It's become apparent something has occurred that isn't a small matter and is delaying our payout. I really wish someone from Unity would chime in and help at least explain what's going on. Not knowing is probably the worst feeling. I'm wondering if this has to do with maybe a data breach, hacked system or a system bug? Like I said previously I looked over my payment history for the last 4 years to make sure I wasn't being overdramatic and to make sure I could see the normal payout dates and compare. In my four years as a publisher ALL payouts have fallen between the 13th and the 16th of the month like clockwork.

As a side note the website and forums are acting strange as well. On mobile, the forums have lost all of their formatting and are taking forever to load.

19. JDB-Artist

JDB-Artist

I would guess it is only natural for this situation to happen after a huge sale like the May Madness.
    I mean sure, the value of the transactions goes up for this month, but so does the amount of transactions since more vendors made more revenue.

Take into account that each transaction has to be validated, converted (multiple currencies), checked against fraud or refunds it all comes down to a delay. I am optimistic that payout will happen throughout this week, maybe starting even today. It creates an inconvenience for us as vendors, but that is basically what you also accept when you submit your assets for a sale like this. More revenue requires more checks/validations and results in more time needed.

Please note, this is just a guess, nothing official.

20. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Which is why I think if you're going to be delayed on making your vendor payments and you know you're going to be delayed on payments, let those vendors know in an email or message. Professional courtesy right?

TheHatlessGuy and slaczky like this.
  21. headlessstudio

headlessstudio

Costumer support just verified that there is a delay in payments. Should be solved in a day or two they say.

22. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Funny that this had to happen just now when I need the money for something o_O
    No issue here, I know Unity has had payment delays before but usually they were on time 99.9%.

23. Bitboys

Bitboys

Unity i need to pay bills! Show me the money :D:D:D

24. retrovalorem

retrovalorem

June 18th, 11:00 PM Moscow time, still no payout. Also, sales this month are still zero, kind of weird. I knew this month would be weak, but not zero.

TheHatlessGuy and JamesArndt like this.
  25. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

One of the Unity Asset Store admins just messaged me this, so we'll see how it works out:
    "Not sure -- we're as surprised as anyone, so we're looking into it see what's going on."

26. slaczky

slaczky

Finally I just got paid for May!

27. TheHatlessGuy

TheHatlessGuy

FINALLY!! Just got mine money!

JamesArndt likes this.
  28. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

Just got my deposit as well!

29. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Yes, got payed!

30. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Hey guys,

I'm sorry that no one has got back to you about this.

I flagged this internally as I noticed a few support tickets come in. I was able to have these processed for you so you should all have your payments. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused with this as I do appreciate it can be frustrating.

Please feel free to raise a support ticket if you still have not received your payment.

florianalexandru05 likes this.
  31. AdamLiu

AdamLiu

Confirm, payment received.

32. Rob78

Rob78

I'm experiencing a delay in payment this month, anyone else having this experience. It may be my tax info was reprocessed due to change in address but I updated that about 3 weeks ago now.