Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset store madness

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by keely, Mar 5, 2012.

1. keely

keely

The sale will now go on with these amazing 24 products until April 8th.

I'm planning to post some website analytics and sales data in my blog after that. If any of the developers participating want access to assetstoremadness.com Google Analytics, please send me the e-mail your Google Account is connected to with private message.

I have a strong feeling that the Madness Part II will take place later this year.

2. MikeHergaarden

MikeHergaarden

Cool, I'd be happy to join with one of our other products and raise the price drop further next time :).

3. Mark_T

Mark_T

Sorry, if you don`t mind, I`m waiting for Santa. :D

4. Molt

Molt

Was impressed by the range and quality of the assets people have offered for inclusion in this. Possibly too impressed since it's resulted in me buying way too many of them- ex2D, PlayModePersist, Triplanar Texturing, RageSpline, ESE Toolkit, Multiplatform Tookit, Component Copier, Visualizer Studio, and FingerGestures have all been purchased as a result, and Qub has been grabbed too.

Of these the only two I was considering beforehand were RageSpint and FingerGestures, although ESE Toolkit and Visualizer Studio would have been strong contenders but I didn't know of them beforehand. The others have generally been purchased as a direct result of the sale.

I would have considered getting nGUI and iGUI too but I already actually own nGUI and it's meeting my GUI requirements quite splendidly.

Thanks guys.

5. Skjalg

Skjalg

wow thanks for holding ESE toolbox in such high regard :)

I sincerely hope you like it

6. OmniverseProduct

OmniverseProduct

I plan on getting this (ESE toolkit) if I have enough after getting Pro Racing AI. I'll definitely let you know how I like it if I get it. :D

7. Don-Whitaker

Don-Whitaker

8. AlteredReality

AlteredReality

Thanks for the Visualizer Studio purchase! I hope you have fun with it! :)

9. Ocid

Ocid

Finally got a bit of cash to spend so I'll be picking up ex2D and ESE Toolbox tomorrow :)

Tempted by Thinkscroller aswell. Its cheap, looks good and would save time but also want to try it myself and see how it goes. :confused:

10. keely

keely

I didn't spot this earlier. Officially I closed the registration for the sale already, but I'll add you to website anyways since you are free.

11. Deozaan

Deozaan

Hi folks,

I just wanted to say that this sale is awesome.

I spent all my extra money in the first few days on Playmaker, Triplanar Texturing, ESE Toolbox, ex2D, Locator HUD, and Visualizer Studio. Then even more good things were added which I'm trying to figure out how to get the money for (such as Tidy Tile Mapper) before the sale ends.

Thanks for organizing this, keely, and thanks to the developers for joining the sale, and also special thanks to the few developers who offered their products for free!

12. RayWolf

RayWolf

Im also very thankfull, got some assets, including playmaker, which helped alot here. Great idea!

13. Don-Whitaker

Don-Whitaker

Thanks Keely. It's ok if you don't have time to change the site. I just kind of threw my hat into the ring because I thought it was such a good idea. I love the simple layout on the website, too. Count me in for the next sale, I'll have some cool new stuff by then.

...I see it's on the site now. Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  14. Skjalg

Skjalg

This sale has been amazing for the popularity of ESE Toolbox. It seems theres a lot of people that were on the fence because of my terrible PR skills (not really showing what it is capable of) but it seems more and more people are discovering what an asset it can be to production :)

15. Skjalg

Skjalg

Last week of the sale now.

This has been an amazing month for ESE Toolbox :) So damn awesome!

16. Deozaan

Deozaan

Hi folks,

Roidz and I just launched cInput 2.0, a custom input manager, on the Asset Store. The reason I mention it here is because we're offering it at a 50% discount for the first week, and that happens to coincide with the time remaining in the Asset Store Madness promotion.

http://u3d.as/content/roidz-software/c-input-2-0/2NP

More information about cInput can be found here:

http://cinput2.weebly.com/index.html

I know the promotion was closed to new entries about a week or so ago, so if this post isn't welcome here then let me know and I'll delete it.

17. keely

keely

Yeah I closed already, but I guess there's room for one more :). I added you to the website.

18. AllSynergy

AllSynergy

Last day I believe :D

It has been good month for my Shuriken space effects pack. Got myself again motivated to make it even better. I try to make even more effects to next update.

19. goat

goat

Well thanks folk,

RageSpline
    Animation Studio
    Sage
    NGUI

have been added to my tools.

The only things I still like, neither of which were on sale, are a Weather system (I like Unistorm from the ones I've seen if they continue to add features i'll go with that) and MegaFiers.

And to the guy that made RageSpline, I'd love support for Anime Studio Pro 8 files to be added but that's probably asking a bit much.

20. keely

keely

Not sure when to update prices back to normal, but because of all the timezones etc. I think it's better to do it late than early.

21. Mordekai

Mordekai

Is ex2d and mega grab still on sale? The asset store shows that there no longer on sale.

22. ArenMook

ArenMook

This past week has been just... wow.

I will post some more detailed stats and graphs soon, but... man. It seems most people procrastinated until the very last week!

23. keely

keely

I'm taking the site down now.

Like mentioned here, I'm looking for someone to organize this in the future.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  24. Bugfoot

Bugfoot

Thanks for organizing this madness sale event Keely, it's been quite exciting!
    And congrats on landing a job at Unity, I'm sure you'll have a great time there.

As for the next madness sale, I can help out if no one else wants the job.

25. lilymontoute

lilymontoute

Yea, last week has been amazing! I made a detailed graph/blog post that I'll update/release once I get back home.

Congrats again keely, and thanks again for organizing the sale!

26. Wild-Factor

Wild-Factor

I'm also volonteer if you need to maintain a web page for the next asset store madness.
    I bought ex2D, Ragespline and IOS cloud :)

27. dkozar

dkozar

I noticed that the Asset Store web has been redesigned, and is now offering the same detailed view of the package that was previously possible only from within UnityEditor! :)

This will definitely make a huge difference, because now everything is in the reach of your hand, even on tablet devices. Great job UT! ^_^

Having a small problem though... My package [*] has been announced via the Asset Store newsletter, but doesn't have the "ON SALE" sticker when viewing in a browser, nor has the discounted price available. I noticed the same thing with other packages (NGUI, EzGUI..) announced in the newsletter. So, when the stickers are going to be present?

Thanks!