Search Unity

Asset Store Issue: "All Assets From This Package Are Already In Your Project"

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by krdm, Apr 19, 2019.

1. krdm

krdm

I've been trying to import some particles into my project, but every time I try to import it just gives me an error telling me it's already in my project. I tried importing some other random assets to see what works and what doesn't and it's seemingly random.
    If it helps, the package I'm trying to import is the Unity Particle Pack 5.x

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

What makes you think it isn't already in your project? Go to where the asset should place them, and verify they for sure aren't there.

3. krdm

krdm

Unless this particular package places them in a really weird location, they are definitely not already in my project.

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Create a new blank project, attempt to add that asset to the new project. It should then tell you exactly where it would place the files from the asset. Cancel that, open the original project, and go to exactly where it installs those files and see what is there.

According to what the editor is telling you, you will find the asset is already where it should be.

5. krdm

krdm

Created a new project and attempted to import the assets. Again, it told me they were already in the project. I don't think it's a matter of me not being able to find them.

6. sheepsblood

sheepsblood

I am having the same issue basically. Assets>Import Package> Custom Package.
    "All Assets From This Package Are Already In Your Project"
    This didn't start happening until I was updated to the 2019 version. I tried rolling back to the 2018.3.6 I was on and that didn't work.

7. FranklinVR

FranklinVR

Same problem here, but sofar only with the Raw Mocap Data for Mecanim package.

8. jdagdelen

jdagdelen

I'm running into this same issue right now with ArchViz Pro

9. WILEz1975

WILEz1975

Has anyone solved it?
    I have the same problem too.
    I even tried on a new empty project, but nothing changes.
    "All Assets From This Package Are Already In Your Project":mad: