Search Unity

Asset Store Gems - Showcase for your favorite Assets

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Rowlan, Apr 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kdgalla

kdgalla

2. Rowlan

Rowlan

I'd like to make an addition to the Big Environment Pack video of the previous post, i. e. this one:

Assets used in addition to ones already mentioned in this thread (see youtube description for full list):

* 14 Characters Orcs (Pack)

* Kubold Animations

Last edited: May 6, 2022
  3. Rowlan

Rowlan

Drake the Dragonkin by Malbers Animations was an instant gem as soon as the asset arrived on the Asset Store. Especially in combination with the Animal Controller and the other Malbers animals. So many animations, lots of possibilities.

Assets used in addition to ones already mentioned in this thread (see youtube description for full list):

* Drake the Dragonkin

4. Rowlan

Rowlan

MicroSplat's Global Texturing, especially GeoMap is a very convenient way to give your terrain a nice height dependent striation look.

Assets used in addition to ones already mentioned in this thread (see youtube description for full list)::

* MicroSplat - Global Texturing

5. Rowlan

Rowlan

This wasn't posted by me, but I'd like to share it nontheless here as a gem, I hope @NatureManufacture doesn't mind. This video is such a great resource for learning, I wish Unity would make a Blog post about it:

Needless to say that the NatureManufacture assets are among the best on the Unity Asset Store.

ledshok likes this.
  6. Rowlan

Rowlan

7. Rowlan

Rowlan

The Infinity PBR assets are a quite nice and versatile collection. I toyed around with them in the Lordenfel environment:

Assets used:

* various Infinity PBR assets

8. Rowlan

Rowlan

9. crazBullet

crazBullet

Hi, nice idea for the thread :)

Here is my top used assets, after many years of indie development and freelancing for other teams

1. GAIA
    This asset has served me well over the years for reliable terrain arrangement. Is working great and give lot of options.

2. Sky Master ULTIMATE
    This asset while a bit complex, is ideal for covering all possible use cases with top solutions that surpass even $100+ assets in visuals and features. For me is the clear decision over any other weather system in store, but comes with a learning curve.

3. InfiniGRASS
    Same as with the sky from the same developer, this asset is just the fastest option i found in optimizing vegetation bar none, but again must do some manual setup. But is the only system that globally works wonders for making grass and trees faster, even on mobile.

4. YAPP
    I like this asset because just works and has many options, really cool job from the developer.

5. R.A.M.
    Have been using this asset for a long time, it just delivers great results and is very intuitive to use. I think is the only one in its category that give best results for fast making rivers.

Rowlan likes this.
  10. Rowlan

Rowlan

Realistic Tank Controller got an update and that caught my eye. So I tried it. It's quite a nice asset to toy around with. Here's an example use case I quickly drafted up within minutes, so definitely worth checking out to get quick results. Here I merely adapted the demo scene that comes with the asset to get a different look I was aiming at:

Assets used:

* Realistic Tank Controller

ledshok likes this.
  11. Rowlan

Rowlan

A different combination of assets listed in this thread working together:

See youtube description for a list of the assets that were used.

12. Rowlan

Rowlan

Modern Neighborhood House is a really nice new asset, especially for it being URP. I took a little walk in it with the Malbers Realistic Wolf:

Assets used in addition to ones already mentioned in this thread (see youtube description for full list)::

* Modern Neighborhood House

ledshok likes this.
  13. Rowlan

Rowlan

ledshok likes this.
  14. Rowlan

Rowlan

Autumn Valley from NatureManufacture got released this week. It's a new demo scene of some of their assets with autumn ambience. It's really gorgeous.

I had to mix it with another new asset Gem I noticed recently, it's Simple Motocross Physics. There's nothing "simple" about that asset. It's really good. Especially since it comes with various vehicles, not just MotoCross.

The colors of the ATV prefab fit with the colors of Autumn Valley, so I just felt like combining these two :D

* Autumn Valley - Level (plus see the dependency assets)

* Simple Motocross Physics

ledshok likes this.
  15. Rowlan

Rowlan

MicroVerse isn't out yet, but I can already tell it's a Gem. And what an exciting one. Toyed around with it today. Here's MicroVerse and me "only" using my stamps:

Assets used (see video for full list)

* MicroVerse - Core Collection

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    ledshok likes this.
  16. kdgalla

kdgalla

That's cool! Is the output of that a mesh, a terrain, or is it's own thing?

Rowlan likes this.
  17. Rowlan

Rowlan

It's a unity terrain. That's why it's so exciting. You can do your standard unity terrain stuff with it.

kdgalla likes this.
  18. Rowlan

Rowlan

MicroVerse and Simple Motocross Physics:

ledshok likes this.
  19. Rowlan

Rowlan

ledshok likes this.
  20. Rowlan

Rowlan

Since many of the assets I use in the videos of this thread are from NatureManufacture and because they have a HumbleBundle sale currently with almost all of their assets I thought I'd shout out that info.

Get it while you can, those assets are among the best on the Unity Asset Store:

upload_2022-10-27_7-0-1.png
    NatureManufacture Asset Bundle

To stay on topic, here's a few videos I created using their assets combined with others:

Magic Boots (Meadow Environment)

Chased by Dragon (Meadow Environment)

Drone (Forest Environment)

Mountain Biking (Mountain Environment)

Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    ledshok likes this.
  21. Rowlan

Rowlan

New videos I created for the Black Friday & Cyber Week Sale. The Gems are listed in the description of the videos:

ledshok and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  22. Rowlan

Rowlan

ledshok and Lars-Steenhoff like this.
  23. Rowlan

Rowlan

Made a new video with my favorite assets. This scene is created within 20 seconds:

Assets used are listed in the youtube video description.

ledshok likes this.
  24. Rowlan

Rowlan

ledshok likes this.
  25. Rowlan

Rowlan

Videos I created for the New Year Sale:

Check the youtube description for the assets I used. I tried to focus mostly one those which were in the New Year Sale.

ledshok likes this.
  26. Rowlan

Rowlan

Little Dragons: Sea is available for free this week in the Asset Store's "Publisher of the Week" sale. I thought I'd make a quick video with it:

Assets used are in the video description.

27. Rowlan

Rowlan

Malbers released his new asset Baruk the Werewolf. Here's the asset combined with assets already listed in this thread, and additionally FinalIK and Real Landscapes - Valley Forest.

Assets used are in the video description.

ledshok likes this.
  28. Rowlan

Rowlan

People asked me to create Presets for MicroVerse using Angry Mesh's Winter Environment. So I did. I have to say it's a most awesome asset. Here's a quick showcase, I guess that speaks for itself :)

ledshok likes this.
  29. Rowlan

Rowlan

Malbers released an Update for his Animal Controller which also became a Humanoid controller. Had a blast this weekend with it. Assets used are already listed in this thread, but used differently. Check the youtube description for the full list :)

30. Rowlan

Rowlan

Mountain Lake - Rocks & Trees is an exciting asset:

Assets used among others, see video description for the full list:

* Mountain Lake - Rocks & Trees

ledshok likes this.
  31. Rowlan

Rowlan

Pure Nature by BK is a really good looking stylized asset:

Assets used among others, see video description for the full list:

* Pure Nature

kdgalla likes this.