Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store Download Button Suggestion

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by I am da bawss, Jan 7, 2016.

1. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

Lately I have been buying a lot of assets from Asset Store, and because some of these assets are quite large, I sometimes defer downloading them. After while I have noticed that I cannot differentiate the one I have download from the one I have downloaded and just need to update because they all appear as "DOWNLOAD".

So I am suggesting, can we have the "Download" button to have "Downloaded" added to it so we the user know which has been downloaded and which one hasn't.

2. Manny Calavera

Manny Calavera

I'm an assetaholic and I approve this message!

I am da bawss likes this.
  3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

If I have downloaded an item, then the "Download" button on the main asset page shows "Import" instead.

If I'm looking at it in the list of deferred items, then the "tell" is that the Import button isn't grayed out: grayed out import button in the main "my stuff" list means, "gotta download it first."

4. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I noticed that now, thanks. But can UT make it more intuitive than this too subtle-to-notice "tell. Also going to each asset's Asset Store Page is very very tedious and would take way too long. There needs to be an easier way to do this in the Download Manager Page.