Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store down?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by danreid70, Aug 2, 2011.

1. danreid70

danreid70

Is the Asset Store down right now? Just saw a few things I wanted to check out from the forums, but though I'm obviously online and have a connection to the internet as I post this (which was my first thought: is my connection broken?)... I keep getting an error message that Unity can't connect to the Asset Store, and at least it lets me view my downloaded assets (thankfully, since earlier version wouldn't let me get to my own assets unless I was connected)...

Anyway... Anyone else having issues connecting to the Asset Store right now?

2. pixelsteam

pixelsteam

Seems to be. I have the same issue...

3. danreid70

danreid70

Drat. Figures. I was debating back and forth about buying an asset I've been reading about on the forums - and when I finally swung myself around to "yes, buy it"... Asset Store is down. Maybe it's an omen... :O

4. BHS

BHS

Ahh this is getting old I was in the middle of updating products and then this happens. What causes it? It seems to happen randomly..It hurts business because no one can buy anything.

5. danreid70

danreid70

First UniSciTe is replaced by that bloated monster: MonoDevelop, and now crashes every time Unity starts and Asset Store is down. Don't get me wrong: I LOVE Unity! The developers ROCK, the community here is top notch, and I can't believe how fast they update Unity with tons of new features! Can't really complain... but I (we) will - cuz we expect the best from Unity - it's their own fault for making this ridiculously addicting development kit and putting it in the reach of us Indies - heck, even if I spend tons on assets, models, etc - and never make a dime creating a video game that sells: I LOVE digging in and playing around with this friggin thing! :) It may just end up being an expensive hobby to most of us, but everyone spends money on their hobbies - what's wrong with ours, right? Am I right? :)

Anyway. Hope Asset Store pops back up soon, and despite all the complaints about MonoDevelop (I'm not the only one hating that thing), all the other stuff they jammed into this latest update: Unity Team: ROCK ON!!! :)

Sorry for the blabbing... I'm just passing time restarting Unity and checking if the store is back up yet... Gotta feed my addiction...

6. tingham

tingham

tl;dr

Down for me as well.

7. danreid70

danreid70

WOOHOO! Back up! Thank you, Unity Dudes! (and dudettes!)...!