Search Unity

asset store down?

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by iossif, Oct 14, 2011.

1. iossif

iossif

whenever i want to access the asset store via unity i get an "unexpected error" that repeats itself whenever i click "ok". i see the store in the background but i cannot get past the error message.

2. namoricoo

namoricoo

I'm getting the same thing. This is ridiculous. I closed my internet so that I could get the offline window. I don't see any of my Assets. When I managed to log back in. I don't see any of the Assets I purchased. It's trying to get me to buy things I've already purchased.

3. iossif

iossif

hm, it still is not solved. are the asset store people aware of this issue? i really need to re-download some assets i bought to meet a deadline soon :(

4. CoatlGames

CoatlGames

contact the asset store staff at assetstore@unity3d.com to be sure they are aware of the issue, but its weekend so its going to take some time for them to read the message

5. ummu

ummu

Hi,
    I am trying to download some of the free assets in the built in Asset store.
    Mainly the Mixamo Male character and the Third person MMO controller v1.0.
    But i keep getting a Failed to download , Could not resolve host: kharma.unity3d.com (Timeout while contacting DNS servers).
    All my other internet activities work fine, so i´m not sure if it´s a local problem or if the Asset Store server is down ?
    Is there an Asset store status page where one can check if it´s down ?
    I am in Portugal btw.
    Any help most welcome, thank you
    ps: I do see that it creates empty folders in "User/Library/Unity/Asset Store" with the titles of the assets i am trying to download.

6. andorov

andorov

The Master Server provided by Unity is also down.

7. freyr

freyr

Please use the bugteporter (accessible from the Unity help menu) to report problems with the asset store. We fixed the issue causing the "unknown error" message when downloading Mixamo animations from the download manager early last week. Remember to attempt a download just before you submit the bug so the log fles submitted with the report contain as much relevant information as possible.

8. namoricoo

namoricoo

I get this error Now when I try to login:"TypeError: Result of expression 'a$.login' [undefined] is not an object.". I can't even download my off line assets.

9. iossif

iossif

Unexpected error: Failed to load offline Asset Store page
    UnityEditor.AssetStoreWindow:OnLoadError(String)

[Manually trapped Exception] Result of expression 'this.user.keyimage' [undefined] is not an object.

[Global Exception] [object Event] [undefined:undefined]

i get when i klick "ok" in the error window over and over again.

10. freyr

freyr

What happens if you select "Reload" in the Asset Store window context menu? (Accessible by right-clicking on the "Asset Store" tab)

11. iossif

iossif

when i did click reload it showed me a message with "new terms of services" and lots of text that went out of the lower regions of the window and i could not click anything. another reload brought up the unexpected error again :(

12. ivanzu

ivanzu

I have the same error now.

13. freyr

freyr

This thread mentions multiple errors. Can you specify which one you are having?

14. ivanzu

ivanzu

This,it looks like the problem is in kharma script?
    $error.PNG

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  15. cupsster

cupsster

Code (csharp):
    1. [COLOR="red"][Manually trapped Exception] Result of expression 'a$.history[a$.index]' [undefined] is not an object.[/COLOR]
    2. Error in file: https://kharma.unity3d.com/js/minified.js?c1.4-66375 at line 2983
    EULA on display in window

16. cupsster

cupsster

after rightclick on tab > reload - it let me in

17. ivanzu

ivanzu

its working now.IDK if this fixed it but im just going to say. The thing I did is I clicked on log in button and logged in(Press Remember Me) and then i refreshed the page and received the error exited the store and entered again and it worked.

18. iossif

iossif

the login button is "under" the error message and cannot be reached for me :(

edit: ha! it seems to work now. i did 100 reloads and logouts and suddenly it worked. thanks unity team!

Last edited: Oct 17, 2011
  19. namoricoo

namoricoo

After hitting re-load each reload generated one error. I've grouped all of the errors.
    TypeError: Result of expression 'b.id' [undefined] is not an object.
    TypeError: Result of expression 'a$.login' [undefined] is not an object.

[Manually trapped Exception] Result of expression 'this.fromContext.results' [undefined] is not an object.

After the 5th reload I finally got my offline assets to show and the Unity Asset store to show. I should not have to do this. Last night when I logged in. I got to see everything on the first try. Now I've been getting these problems for the past 4 days. These are server side errors.

20. namoricoo

namoricoo

Don't be happy too fast. Last night I logged in fine. This morning I had to do the same Gymnastics again to get my assets to re-appear.

21. Hummelwalker

Hummelwalker

For me everything works.

22. angel_m

angel_m

Yesterday, I tried to enter but the asset store was offline.

23. freyr

freyr

Maybe it's time to fire up that Bug Reporter tool again... ;-)

24. Bugfoot

Bugfoot

Just FYI, I'm unable to login on the asset store at the moment. I can type in my username and password, click the login button, and then nothing happens. I submitted a bug report through the editor tool, along with a little rant of mine about the asset store.

25. iossif

iossif

aaaand the bug is back :(

it seems to happen everytime i delete stuff from my project that i downloaded from the asset store. i used the testflight addon and it worked. then i deleted everything from it with "delete" and wanted to redownload testflight and boom. the error is here again and i cannot use the store.

how can single apps kill the whole thing?

26. Broken-Toy

Broken-Toy

Last edited: Oct 25, 2011
  27. I am da bawss

I am da bawss

I don't understand why Asset Store is so problematic. I still have this problem where Asset Store would report all my extensions are "up to date" even though they are not, and I have to manually update each (or check versions myself and update each). It also won't resume when connection is broken while you are downloading so it get stuck at whatever % you are downloading until you restart your computer.

So, who's responsible for the Asset Store portion at UT? I SAY FIRE THEM! Okay I am kiddin' I am kiddin', no seriously you guys should start looking for another job......:D

28. iossif

iossif

any chance we can get help on this before the weekend?

29. tkaniatobe

tkaniatobe

I just purchased some stuff and I'm getting a download error. Tried it on 2 different machines. The error says:

"Download Failed. Could not download 'industrial buildings'. Could not resolve host: kharma-1.unity3d.com (Could not contact DNS servers).

30. Jaimi

Jaimi

This is getting pretty sad. I just downloaded something, tested it, exited unity, and now I can't get back into the asset store!
    "TypeError: Result of expression 'itemjson.title' [undefinied] is not an object."

And I can only see a few of my previous purchases in the history page. I can't reimport the stuff I've already bought.

Are you hosting this on GoDaddy or something?

31. freyr

freyr

I'm trying to find your bug report. Can you send me the case number?

32. iossif

iossif

looks like my former bug report did not make it (at least i cannot find it in my inbox). i made a new one with #425625

thx for looking into it!

33. namoricoo

namoricoo

Here is my bug report too. Case 425727. Today I finally got a chance to un-install Unity 100%, get the latest version of unity. Version 3.4.2. After the clean install I did not get Any errors from Angrybots demo. The Angrybots demo in the Asset Store has a bunch of errors. The first time I opened the Asset Store. I was good. I thought I was making progress. Closed Unity. Came back to the same Angrybots demo. Opened the Asset Store. Bam!!!! Blank screen. Refresh several time. several errors. After a good two minutes of refreshing, I was finally able to get to see my offline Assets and the Asset Store.

34. namoricoo

namoricoo

If the Asset store is able to Study the collaboration I did with Alex. The Asset Store would never get that blank screen again. I know the final result would not be 100% the same. The logic would still be very similar. When using the Www class there are a lot of times when not all of my remote Assets would download. After a couple of weeks of advanced research and some insight from Alex I came up with what you see in the following video. In the background the try to get the Asset, If I the download is successful I use a hashTable to map the Asset to the correct location. if the download fails because the connection times out I will re-try to download the remote asset 10 more times. 90% the current code is able to get the correct Asset in less than 3 tries. There's a good chance that's what the problem with the Asset Store is. It's trying to get everything or nothing instead of don't everything one at a time.

So in the main log-in window the Assets and icons could benefit from this download pattern.

35. gtstars

gtstars

Yeah I never been to the asset store I kind of want to explore it :)

Jon

36. namoricoo

namoricoo

if you have Unity 3.0 or above you can just go to "Window, AssetStore" if you don't have 3.0 or newer, you will not be able to access the Asset Store.

37. iossif

iossif

i am still stuck. any news on it?

38. namoricoo

namoricoo

I don't know if you saw the video I did. freyr from the Asset Store told me to delete the Asset Store folder. Today when I went on there, I did not get a single error or a single crash. However, Most of the stuff I paid for are not showing up. Example: "UniSky, Easy Roads Pro, AI Driver... etc" That's a lot of money... I've had them not show up before. I'll wait a couple of days and see if it's just the update. Besides from not seeing a lot of the expensive stuff I paid for. I haven't gotten a single crash today. My Mac Asset Store is behaving a lot like my Windows Asset Store. They should add a "factory Reset button" That button will automatically delete the Asset store folder so that user can start over when the Asset store starts acting up.

39. iossif

iossif

i don't see any asset store folder in my project. i really would prefer a stable version from unity itself without 3rd party stuff.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011