Search Unity

Asset Store - does an Upgrade appear automatically to users as an Update?

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by JoeW97, Dec 10, 2015.

1. JoeW97

JoeW97

I want to publish a major upgrade on the Asset Store from MyAsset1 to MyAsset2, so I can then deprecate MyAsset1.

• Will existing users automatically see that the package can be updated in their Downloads page, even though technically, it's a different package? If not, how else do you make them aware?

• Can I set the Upgrade price as 0.00 (free) ?

I've read the FAQ on upgrades, but it didn't cover this.

Thanks

2. JoeW97

JoeW97

Any ideas on this one?

3. Boomer_McBooms

Boomer_McBooms

Hi Steve,

No expert on this, but as a buyer I see upgrades appear as such, and there is no cost to me to download the upgrade, since I already own the asset pack. You might try just adding it and see what happens. Otherwise, this is more of a question for Unity support.

What asset do you sell?

4. JoeW97

JoeW97

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, do you think it/they appeared in the 'updates' list in your Asset Store download window, which then led to the 'Upgrade' button? Although you mentioned it was no cost to you, with Upgrades (as opposed to updates) the dev *can* make a charge, hence the slightly different process.

Sorry, maybe I didn't clarify the distinction between upDATE and upGRADE in my question, and it's probably a detail that many people don't notice when quickly clicking links :)

The trouble with testing to see what happens is that the submission process can take a week.

(I didn't want to mention the asset in case I stuff this up! )

5. Boomer_McBooms

Boomer_McBooms

Oops. I am sorry, Steve. I missed that. Working like a fiend here, and didn't have too much time to "read for comprehension." I do not know if Upgrades Vs. Updates are automatically free to owners or not. I wish I could be of more assistance.

6. JoeW97

JoeW97

No problem, thanks anyway.