Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store declining a working card

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Nevulus, Sep 15, 2013.

1. Nevulus

Nevulus

Everytime I try to buy an asset on the store using my Visa debit card, it gets declined even though I am entering the card number and security code correctly. This is now the fourth time and has caused my card to become blocked on 3 different occasions.

Yes, the bank account associated with the card has ample funds.
    Yes, I am entering the card number correctly.
    Yes, I am entering the security code on the back of the card correctly.

I was able to purchase a Unity Pro license with the SAME CARD but unable to purchase any asset without my card being declined, blocked, and then cancelled.

I am currently attempting to explain to Chase the situation since they are wondering why this keeps happening.
    I cannot even begin to explain the problems this has caused me considering the first time it happened I had no idea it caused my card to become blocked by Chase.

2. Jaimi

Jaimi

Something isn't right - the asset store won't decline your card - it simply sends the request to the card processor. It's the processor/bank that declines it, blocks it, cancels it, etc. If the asset store refused to take your credit card, Chase would never know, the processor wouldn't be notified, etc.

3. Nevulus

Nevulus

You are right, something is not right.

After spending an hour with Chase on the phone they said they blocked the carrier because my purchase request was sent 28 times (according to what they have told me). I pressed the button once, I am sure of it. It has happened one 3 occasions. If I make a purchase from the Asset Store website, it does not happen, and when I made the purchase for my Unity Pro license it did not happen.

/shrug. It is what it is.

4. POLYGAMe

POLYGAMe

Well this is happening to me too and the provider hasn't even seen any attempt by the store to charge the card. I can't purchase assets and my card works everywhere else. This is very weird... just started happening. DAMNED ANNOYING, TOO!

5. imtrobin

imtrobin

Happened to me before .Took 2 months for Unity to settle this. Unity (or its payment processor) was storing my old card number, which I have invalidated.

6. SeriousTangents

SeriousTangents

I sincerely hope it does not take two months to clear this up, as it started happening to me as well. My bank cancelled a debit card due to that Target hacker-event but did not notify me. So, I tried to make a purchase and it was blocked. Problem is, I cannot make a purchase with Paypal or any other credit card, it continues to give the error "Card was declined" regardless of which payment system I try to use.

If you don't mind my asking, imtrobin, what process did you go through to finally clear it up? I've been talking to support@ and they keep referring me back to my bank to unblock a card that is no longer valid/active.

Wanting to get several things on the "Madness" sale, but can't seem to do so now...

Joseph.

7. imtrobin

imtrobin

I assume you are talking to Ben. I emailed the CEO directly after Ben was unable to solve it in 2 months.

8. 8r3nd4n

8r3nd4n

Could you PM me the address you emailed to.
    I have been going through the same issue for close to 2 months too with no resolution.

Cheers

9. Toli

Toli

sigh, it seems to be a poor system that uses a credit card processor when selecting a paypal transaction.

i'm also getting the same error after replacing my credit card. Due to fraud elsewhere, i have a new account number, and no possible clue as to what is occluding the result.

10. CremaGames

CremaGames

We're having the same problem here, our card was cancelled and now we can't buy anything, not even with paypal.

11. Dantus

Dantus

12. Josh-Naylor

Josh-Naylor

Administrator

The issue is that the asset store account has probably been disabled for purchases which happens when a lost/stolen/expired card attempts a payment via the account.

You needs to provide us with the e-mail address attached to your asset store account we then get an asset store person to re-enable the account. Either email support@unity3d.com or like Dantus suggested assetstore@unity3d.com to solve this problem.

13. Aurore

Aurore

Director of Real-Time Learning

If your Asset Store account is the same as the one you are using now, your account has not been disabled so don't fret about that.

14. RHD

RHD

The same thing just happened to me.
    I don't want to use Paypal because of their rip off currency conversion charges. Even if Paypal works either.
    I just emailed the asset store and got an autoreply that says to contact them again if they don't address my case in a couple of working days.
    This is of no use because the software I'm trying to buy has a time limited half price offer that will expire by then making it unaffordable.
    Way to go Unity. How hard can it be in this day and age to get a shop working?

15. RHD

RHD

Update.
    Just had a phone call from a talking machine at my bank that suspects the transaction I tried to make on the Unity Asset store was fraudulent which was why it was declined.
    Pressed the relevant buttons to explain to said bank machine that the transaction was legitimate and tried again on the Unity Store and got declined again.
    Waiting for the next talking machine phone call from my bank.

16. DougyFresh25

DougyFresh25

Had the same thing happen to me. Had money on the card and it declined it. Called my bank and reactivated my card. Not sure what I'm suppose to do when buying assets on the store?

17. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

If your card was deactivated then that was the bank's fraud detection algorithm. You tell the bank you need to be able to make these purchases (in the past I've kept them on the phone while I've made the follow up purchase to verify it goes through). If their fraud detection isn't stupid, it will learn to allow these purchases for your card.

Personally though I just pay via PayPal, and link the card to the PayPal account. As far as the bank is concerned, PayPal is the one processing the card, not Unity. Never had any problem that way.

18. ArachnidAnimal

ArachnidAnimal

Part of the problem here is that the merchant is located in Denmark, which is considered suspicious by certain credit card companies. I have the issue with Discover and every time I buy something from asset store I have to call Discover to convince them that my credit card was not stolen. Every. Time.
    By now Unity should know about these issues.

19. boxhallowed

boxhallowed

Same here, I have to call every single time I want to buy something.

20. firesightstudios

firesightstudios

I know this is old but google landed me here. I was recently declined from using the asset store because apparently Unity's processing goes through DENMARK and my bank is declining that country code. Every time I want to buy something I have to call my bank and have them waive each transaction. It's being flagged as fraud.

beatsrusty and DavidZobrist like this.
  21. deplorablemountaineer

deplorablemountaineer

It's even older now, but it took me a while to realize they no longer accept Discover Card. Luckily my debit card is MC which is (so far) still accepted. If they start accepting only implanted chips, I'm leaving!!!! :)