Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store Content Creators Rejoice! Publisher Administration Backend now live!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by caitlyn, Mar 2, 2011.

1. ArenMook

ArenMook

Has the publisher backend been down for the past two days?

2. stefmen

stefmen

Yes and the store itself is down two.

3. kootenay

kootenay

4. Dantus

Dantus

Yes, it works again.

5. ArenMook

ArenMook

Yup seems fine now after being down for some time. Well, nevermind!

6. Dantus

Dantus

It was down, but just for several hours and not days.

7. ArenMook

ArenMook

Is anyone able to log in since they changed the forums?

Edit: Nevermind, looks like that account's password was changed to match the forums. o_O

Last edited: Jul 3, 2012
  8. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

Is there a way to change forum and asset store password?

9. MatthewJCollins

MatthewJCollins

Is the publisher back end still down? I haven't been able to log in since the forum changes.

10. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Working fine for me

11. LuxUnity

LuxUnity

try to put your password forum.

12. MatthewJCollins

MatthewJCollins

I did, that didn't work either. The forums keep logging me out too, even though I have "stay logged in" checked. Seems the new system is a bit buggy for me.

Edit: Oh, I guess I was still using the old login link. I got in now.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  13. calderongz

calderongz

Hi all! Some good soul that heart to show me what is the process I should follow to increase the asset models in store ... I am very interested! :D

14. calderongz

calderongz

Sorry for the question! I found what I needed... http://unity3d.com/unity/asset-store/submit-content :)

15. Bugfoot

Bugfoot

Is there a web API that I can query from a script to verify an invoice id? I would like to automate the subscription process on the forum for my products, and I need to be able to verify people's invoice numbers to do that.

Thanks in advance :)

16. Dantus

Dantus

I there a way to contact a costumer directly who wrote a review? It is quite frustrating to read a review of the kind: "It doesn't work!" with a one star rating. I don't know if this person will ever read my reply, but probably not.

Any way to contact that person?

17. poboczny

poboczny

Heya ! IM not sure if this is the right place but I would like to delete a Pull from my post. Is it possible to hide it somehow ? or just delete it ?

18. LunaRain1

LunaRain1

How often sales information update?

19. SpookyCat

SpookyCat

Seems to be realtime.

20. stefmen

stefmen

I dont know if this mentioned before. But it would be great if we get a notification if a customers reviews our asset store content.

21. joetheboss

joetheboss

Please Help!

I uploaded my assets into assetstore 28-02-2013 and stil waiting pending review. What is wrong? How long the review process?

22. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

if it takes long time the package should be in more reviews!

23. nipoco

nipoco

Usually a couple of days.
    You should contact a asset store representative, if it's take that long.

24. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

soo, i'm trying to create a publisher account and i am stuck after all.
    i fill out name, website, description. when i hit SAVE, unity thinks for a second but window doesn't close, unlike the one from video tutorial.
    when i close it and open it again all the info i typed is gone.
    i can click 'create new package' but when i try to attach thumbnails i get an error 403: forbidden.
    I tried it a few times and result is always the same. i guess that's because the account creation fails.

Any ideas?

EDIT: ok, problem solved. i have been typing 'www.' instead of 'http://' in the website adress field.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2013
  25. HaloGirlAsh-117

HaloGirlAsh-117

Hi caitlyn. I dont know why but nothing i do will fix the 403 Forbidden error i get when i try to assemble a package for the store. Whats wrong. PLEASE HELP!! selling on the asset store is the only way im going to be able to make money and im paying of a mortgage loan.

EDIT>> Never Mind it just started to work on its own randomly'

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  26. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

Something really weird happened to my submitted asset.
    Today i got an email saying that it was accepted. (Case 538400). Email came from bugs@unity3d.com rather than assetstore-admin@unity3d.com.

then I went to publisher administration and it seems that the product is listed as declined and the link to it leads to a 404 not found. I got no rejection email or anything like that.
    I have replied to bugs@unity3d.com, is there anything else that I can do?

27. Blaze_K

Blaze_K

Should i just re-submit that pack? There are some people waiting for it so any response would be really appreciated.
    I sent a mail to asset store team and no reply either.

28. kanga

kanga

For some strange reason I need to download my own package to update the demo on the web. Can I do that without paying? I cant seem to see an option for this from my publisher's area or in the FAQs.

Thanks in advance.

29. Dantus

Dantus

Yes

30. kanga

kanga

Thankyou so much for the illumination.

Edit: Unity package manager not opening, if that is how you do it.
    Edit: got the package manager open but there doesnt seem any way to download the package itself.

Damn I only need one friggin animation and this is taking hours. Very frustrating.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2013
  31. kanga

kanga

32. stefmen

stefmen

I get a 404 when i click on the links of my packages in the publisher administration backend.
    Are there more people with this problem?

Also is there a way to make some sort of widget to see the amount of sales you made realtime?

33. nipoco

nipoco

Yes I get the same error. Please fix this!

34. stefmen

stefmen

Thanks for the quick fix!

But is there a way to make some sort of widget to see the amount of sales you made realtime?

35. Graphicalgeek

Graphicalgeek

Is there a possibility of getting asset page views added to the administration area for publisher administration? I would love to see how many people are viewing my stuff so I could figure out the conversion rate.

36. Graphicalgeek

Graphicalgeek

I second this.

37. Appgamer-de

Appgamer-de

delete...

christian

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  38. guavaman

guavaman

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  39. Dantus

Dantus

40. guavaman

guavaman

Very odd... Usually use IE. Tried Firefox and it says:

Code (csharp):
    1. Content Encoding Error
    2. The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because it uses an invalid or unsupported form of compression.
    Never seen that one before.

Chrome doesn't like it either.

EDIT: Okay, NM must be something up with my machine. Runs fine on a virtualized OSX.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  41. Brainswitch

Brainswitch

While I haven't published anything yet, when I do I would certainly like this feature.

42. Acumen

Acumen

I would like to suggest once more, that it would be nice if AssetStore publishers could assign "teammembers" or "collaborators" that could have insight in the sales data and other relevant information that Unity offers to Sellers.

It would work similar to the Apple App Store system where there's one head of the company that can modify, change update stuff and "team members" get the right to browse certain parts of the Asset Management Backend with no chance of screwing anything important up.

That would make lives of collaboration partners tons easier.

43. halley

halley

I got a rejection on my first package, so I corrected and updated my package. It took several tries with the tools just to get a successful upload, and parts of the interface could not even fit the text I wanted to provide to the reviewer.

The "Asset Store Tools" sees the new 1.1 version.

The "Asset Store Publisher" website console does not list version numbers, and I have not heard a peep from the QA staff for a full week.

As a new submitter, it's my opinion that this publishing interface is a steaming pile of crap, and I'm not really excited to try submitting anything else. You guys need to be a LOT more responsive, and the tools need to be fixed to be more informative. You guys are raking in the dough left and right, so use some of those resources to fix the problems.

44. Dantus

Dantus

I personally can life with the tools as it kind of feels okay. But I agree with you that they definitely need to become more responsive. There seems to be a huge lack of man power. It was also mentioned at the Unite 13 presentation.

45. halley

halley

It has now been two weeks without any word. I can only assume that the asset store client software is lying to me when it says that I've uploaded a Version 1.1 update. I have heard other people saying that resubmitting resets your position in the queue, so F*** that. Since I thought I would make some lunch money with asset sales, but the Unity QA group can't get its act together, I have pretty much stopped working on Unity assets. Not worth the hassle to tell Unity to pay attention to little content creators like me.

46. TonyLi

TonyLi

halley, on the publisher page, is your asset in Uploaded or Pending state? If it's Uploaded, the Asset Store folks aren't even aware of it. This is a bug in the Asset Store Tools that happens if you resubmit a package without adding any text to the Change History field.

47. halley

halley

Thanks for that. I checked, then I updated the text. I guess I'll start the waiting process over again. Frustrating that if Unity QA finds a flaw in our package (or thinks they do), it's rejected, but they leave known bugs in the Unity tools and it's only other customers like you who can answer/solve the issue.

48. HTF

HTF

Thank you so much for this reply. My package had the same issue and I had been wondering what was taking so long.

49. stefmen

stefmen

Do more people have a problem with the preview function in the publisher?
    When i hit the button it goes to the home screen of the asset store not the preview of my assets page.

50. TonyLi

TonyLi

I've not encountered that problem myself.