Search Unity

Bug Asset store - can't download my assets!

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Leonid, Jan 28, 2022.

1. Leonid

Leonid

Hello!
    First of all, then I open Asset Store in Editor, store seems to be broken. Elements misplaced, search bar is transparent, etc.
    On the page of any asset, when I click the "Open in Unity" button I get an error (screenshot attached).
    And therefore I cant download any of my purchased assets.
    How do I fix that?
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

• scr.png
      scr.png
      File size:
      13.8 KB
      Views:
  2. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I saw this yesterday too, running an older version of Unity.

It sent me in and out of Unity to the website multiple times, and finally ended up in transparent mess and refreshes.

I tried to screenshot the constant transparent glyphs and graphics but it just kept refreshing and borking and I got impatient waiting to snag the error.

I just assumed the Asset Store is now off-limits to older Unity versions, since even on the best of days it BARELY works.

Besides, now that you have to play "guess the random identifier" to even have a chance of finding your asset from within the Package Manager, it seems that...

The Unity Asset Store is DEAD.

I wish I was kidding but it is completely unusable at this point. I used to file bugs on it years ago, but I actually gave up since behavior is different and flaky almost every single day. It really is amazing how that one piece of software has consistently been so unreliable and flaky.

Good luck man.

Leonid likes this.
  3. What do you mean exactly? The Package Manager has a search function which can find any of your packages by name for example. Or I'm misunderstanding something...

screenshot.png

4. Leonid

Leonid

An update.
    I'm using Unity 2019.4.29f1 on PC and Mac. And I have this problem on both platforms.
    It manifested after I updated Unity Hub to v3.01, but I'm not sure it is the case, as I have not used Asset Store for a couple of weeks.

5. Leonid

Leonid

Any feedback from the developers would be appreciated

6. Leonid

Leonid

So that is how Asset Store look like in the editor.
    Download button is not working, by the way.

Attached Files:

• scr2.png
      scr2.png
      File size:
      113.1 KB
      Views:
  7. Leonid

Leonid

The problem is still there...

8. Leonid

Leonid

Maybe some devs can comment on this? I could submit a support ticket, but I dont want to wait 1-2 weeks to get a reply.

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

As was mentioned earlier, please use Package Manager to view and manage your Assets. Please share a screenshot of the My Assets section of Package Manager (it's in the drop down in the upper left corner of the window)

10. Leonid

Leonid

Thanks you for your help.
    I was able to download my assets using Package manager. There is nothing unusual in my Package manager, so I dont think there are any point to make a screenshot.
    So using Asset Store via Editor is depricated now?

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Correct, no need for a screenshot if it's working for you now. And yes, we are moving to Package Manager for asset management

Leonid likes this.
  12. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Kurt-Dekker likes this.
  14. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

I really feel like I'm missing some key step.

I'm signed in, and ultimately after going around and around, I tried installing Unity 2021 and downloaded it.

Finally I was able to open the .unitypackage file in an earlier version of Unity.

This doesn't seem correct somehow.