Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store BUG: Import Does Not Download Latest Version

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by u3dxt, Dec 5, 2013.

1. u3dxt

u3dxt

I am using Unity3D 4.3.1 Pro. There is a bug with importing assets from the Asset Store.

I created a new project, launched Asset Store, and import this package: https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/#/content/9555

I expect the downloaded version to be 1.6.0.0 as written in the Asset Store, but instead it downloaded 1.3.0.0. The Package Contents as shown on the Asset Store does not match what is downloaded. Note that Redownload and Import yields the same problem.

Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT: Two other people in my team updated their Unity version to 4.3.1 and did not have this problem.

EDIT 2: Found a workaround.
    I had to rename my Unity folder in /Applications. Then do a fresh Unity 4.3.1 install.

The bug appears to exist if I install over an existing installation of Unity; it was either (Unity 3.5.0 or Unity 4.3 Beta). This bug probably applies to all packages and not just mine. So, it might be worth looking into since a bunch of people will likely upgrade Unity 4.3.1.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  2. Mauri

Mauri

It also works when you delete all files of the old asset version first and then download the latest version.

3. schmosef

schmosef

Just ran into this with Unity 4.5.1.

Deleting the asset cache at "C:\Users\[accountName]\AppData\Roaming\Unity\Asset Store" helped in one case, but not in another.