Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Store - bookmark assets for later

Discussion in 'Wish List' started by dancinLion, Jul 16, 2012.

1. dancinLion

dancinLion

Hi,

I often go to the asset store to check for new assets, even if I'm not looking for a particular asset I currently need. But as the asset store gets more and more crowded, I often wish for a feature that would allow me to bookmark interesting assets I have no use for at the moment but might have later on.

Thats it - definitely not critical feature, but one that I would really love to see :).

2. Jeff-Kesselman

Jeff-Kesselman

+1

I think this would imrpove Unity store monetization.

3. Lars-Steenhoff

Lars-Steenhoff

Yes your right, for now I use the shopping cart for this, press buy and then continue shopping without buying and later when you come back it's still there :)

4. superpig

superpig

Drink more water! Unity Technologies

Would the term "wish list" describe what you're asking for closely enough? As in, having a 'wish list' in your Asset Store account of assets that you think you might like to buy someday?

5. josemauriciob

josemauriciob

+1
    Thnaks

6. runner

runner

you mean this i noticed this about a week ago or so? ;)

Asset Store

7. UNITY3D_TEAM

UNITY3D_TEAM

+1 good idea

8. Catacomber

Catacomber

It would be really nice to have a Wish List like Amazon and Content Paradise and other sites offer---to keep track of things you might be interested in---I do the same thing Lars Steenhoff posted---I buy what I want and then I click on buy to get things I might want into my cart for future decision making so I can find them easily.

It would also be nice if the sort by button could be at the top of the asset store list rather than at the bottom--- : ) I always check on the most recent additions to the asset store by scrolling down---forever scrolling down--down--down---down---to the sort by release date button to catch any new releases I might have missed---but that scrolling down time takes up a lot of energy, better spent on deciding what new things might be useful to buy.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  9. SuperSlonik

SuperSlonik

totally agree!

10. Redz0ne

Redz0ne

I think this would be a fantastic idea. Reason being is that whenever there is an update to some of the packages i often find myself having to click and click again to get back there (it isn't the fastest internet connection here so this process takes more time than it ought to.)

Even better, if this is a thread to also spit-ball ideas... Let you be able to bookmark posts (so as to be able to find them easier in the future) and also have a function where packages you've purchased, when there is an update to them, will have a little alert pop up that when you click to it, it'll show you which packages have been updated and allow you to reimport them into your projects.

and rather than have some complicated tracking system where it checks the unity files, it just goes by the last time you accessed that page and notifies you if there's been a change. though i can see this being a problem if the page only changes a few things like the text in the description or adds a new screenshot, but i'd be willing to deal with the smaller hassles if it means added functionality.