Search Unity

Asset Store Asset downloading.

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by 1druid1, Dec 7, 2015.

1. 1druid1

1druid1

Hi All

I am just new to Unity deciding that I would like to try programming and game design.

At the moment I dont have internet access at home and used a local library computer to download Unity then transferred it to my home PC via USB Stick. I have Unity up and running and licensed and have done a couple of really basic tutorials.

However some of the tutorials I am looking at now require the free Assets from the store and after contacting Unity support I have been told that it is only possible to download the assets from within the editor so no offline download.

I am wondering if any of the community would be willing to download the free assets for me and upload them to a file sharing site where I can download them then transfer them to my PC.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Dougie

2. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Sadly, this may be a violation of the AssetStore's EULA to do what could be interpreted as re-distributing assets. Can you get your computer anywhere close to an internet access? School? Free wifi at the library or coffee shop?

3. 1druid1

1druid1

Hi, thanks for the reply.

My Home PC is a full tower PC and I dont drive so at the moment I have to settle for downloading anything I need at a library and transferring to my PC via USB stick.

Cheers

Dougie

4. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

Cool. Yes. If there is an installation of Unity at the Library, you'll be able to login and download things there. At this point, there is no change in the foreseeable future to the requirement of downloading the assets directly into the editor.

5. 1druid1

1druid1

Hi, the Library doesn't have an installation of unity on any of its computers and I cant install it. Its unfortunate that I cant download the assets as it means I cannot learn unity using the tutorials.

Can you advise of any Unity 5 tutorials that do not require any Unity Assets?

6. Jaimi

Jaimi

Is the library computer good enough to run Unity? If so, just copy Unity itself onto the USB stick, and run it from there at the library.

7. Adam-Buckner

Adam-Buckner

The only tutorial that does not use any assets that I know of is the "Roll-a-ball" project. Great for getting started, but you may want more advanced ones in the future.