Search Unity

ASSET STORE and Let's Play Videos - Content Identy - Copyright? WHAT? SCAM or FINE? Answer me!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by kk99, Jun 2, 2017.

1. kk99

kk99

Hello Unity Support,

I need answers.

I purchased this Asset long time ago https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/20997

It has been fine for almost two years. Since today more than 1000+ Videos have been FLAGGED ON YOUTUBE from me and my users.

Is this Copyright Claim, correct or not?

ANd NO, I do not distribute any Music in the Game, I simply used it as background music, together with other music.

The screenshot just shows the tip of the iceberg . . .

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
  2. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

You really haven't explained what the problem is, just posted a bunch of screen shots. The assets in the asset store are for game development, if you used them as background tracks for your videos, then the copyright claim is likely valid. Otherwise, you will have to resolve it through youtube/author, it really hasn't much to do with unity.

3. neginfinity

neginfinity

You need a lawyer.

Unity EULA states that you're allowed to use assets you bought in development of interactive media.

It is possible that using them on youtube would require a separate license.

It is also possible that youtube video counts as "interactive media".

If I were you (and somehow used unity bought muscic on yotuube), I would attempt to contact copytigh owner and provide proof of purchase.

Unity actually gives permission to use them in interactive media. The question is whether youtube video counts as one of those. I wouldn't be able to answer this questions without a professional lawyer.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  4. zombiegorilla

zombiegorilla

I think it would hard to make the claim that a youtube video is interactive media. The site itself as a whole may loosely fit that description, (rating, commenting, etc...), but content that is a linear presentation in nature, even with controls, typically isn't considered interactive media. A 360 video would be, as the user's interaction affects the presentation, but not a normal video.

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  5. kk99

kk99

LOL Always the same non-sense jibbel-jabber GET A LAWYER...

I got an official Answer from Unity because I reached the support, I was so much expecting this email and yes LET'S PLAY VIDEOS ARE FINE. Overlaying is not (See the attached screenshot)

by the way meanwhile all my copyright claims and all from my users disappeared :D

If someone is interesting in the long story, here you go
    https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/youtube/imkw_FdMkSY

The short version is: YouTube is granting their Content Identiy Protection to all kind of fraud people and then they start harassing and abusing innocent people in order to enrich themselves (knowingly or unknowingly).

The official answer says Let's Play is fine but overlaying not. I can totally live with this, however

ACCORDING TO YOUTUBE'S (GOOGLE'S) OWN WORDS. YOUTUBE IS DE FACTO AN INTERACTIVE MEDIA!

https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/1706015?hl=en
    Google Interactive Media Ads (IMA) products enable AdSense and DoubleClick Ad Exchange publishers to display linear and non-linear ads within interactive media content such as videos and games. These publishers can use products such as AdSense for games, AdSense for video, Games on DoubleClick Ad Exchange, and Video on DoubleClick Ad Exchange to earn revenue using relevant, non-intrusive ad placements from Google's extensive advertiser.

Just my opinion here. If this ended up in a court you might also win the process when you were "overlaying"!

Attached Files: