Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Asset Store and Learn site are painfully slow

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GerPronouncedGrr, Nov 24, 2019.

1. GerPronouncedGrr

GerPronouncedGrr

Title. Both the asset store (both in engine and in browser) and the entire learn website, are both so unbelievably slow that they are unusable. Even basic navigation between pages is impossible for me.

No other website or service I use is like this, and my connection is a solid 100mbps symmetrical fiber over a wired connection, so it ain't me.

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

They're both trash and the worst part is that the asset store is better than it was 6 months ago and yet it's still like this.

3. Ryiah

Ryiah

Unity's Asset Store is an interesting beast because the original asset store is still there. If you clear your cache, cookies, etc and then try to load the asset store you will see it briefly before it moves on to the new store. For that matter if you use the Chrome developer tools you can very clearly see that the new site is referencing the old site.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Walter_Hulsebos likes this.
  4. Murgilod

Murgilod

I'm trying to set up a way to detect asset store links for both store because one thing I don't think enough people talk about is how one of the store updates just completely broke asset store links. A lot of them you click, it loads the asset store page, and then immediately refreshes and dumps you on the the asset store home page.

Real good system. /s

Ryiah and april_4_short like this.
  5. Ryiah

Ryiah

I've noticed that the first time is the only time it fails. If I click the link a second time it'll open the store page.

6. Murgilod

Murgilod

Usually I just get booted to the front page slightly faster, but also the fact that this is a recurring problem is kinda a mess if you're trying to link to or sell an asset from off-site.

Ryiah and april_4_short like this.
  7. Socrates

Socrates

You can force an asset to load on the old Asset Store if you know the asset number.

As an example, Playmaker on the new store is:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/visual-scripting/playmaker-368

Just change this to:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/368

There are browser add-ons like Greasemonkey that will change the address for you when clicking on scripts. (Though I find it sometimes does not work. I think the Asset Store is refreshing the page partially through the load or something.)

8. AskCarol

AskCarol

Thank you for the feedback! We are actively working on this issue. Hopefully, we will be able to resolve it soon.

haendelee likes this.
  9. Theonebobo

Theonebobo

In 6 weeks still same problem. Guess I will move on to something else

haendelee and joshcamas like this.
  10. imaginationrabbit

imaginationrabbit

I've found the experience of the "new" store REALLY slow with a major downgrade of the user experience compared to the old store. I'm on a 1000mbps fiber connection and the Unity Asset Store is the slowest site I've encountered. It is a pain to use.

april_4_short likes this.
  11. joshcamas

joshcamas

Yep, I'm unable to use the asset store on my phone, which is only a few years old. It is the slowest website I have ever encountered, at least in recent memory.

12. GerPronouncedGrr

GerPronouncedGrr

The asset store was update sometime in the past couple of weeks, and now runs better than it was before. However, it's clear that each page being accessed is being redirected from an older version of the store, and I've already encountered several broken links that refer to the older version.

13. raedkhelfa

raedkhelfa

the unity learning portal is very slow , am unable to learn anything .. videos keep loading and buffering .

wuta_1, Gekigengar and cyb3rfly3r like this.
  14. mageofawesome

mageofawesome

Still can't do anything. Learning portal, asset store all unuseable. :(

joshcamas likes this.
  15. Antypodish

Antypodish

Don't worry, Learn site isn't made for beginners anymore. Just use any other sources to learn. You will gain much more.

Walter_Hulsebos likes this.
  16. doctor0c

doctor0c

Same problem here. On a 240mbps fibre connection, every other site works flawlessly, but unity learn and asset store makes you want to break you computer or kill yourself..

17. Rasly233

Rasly233

unity webmaster should have been fired long time ago, i think he got naked pics of unity CEO, this is the only way i can explain why he is still working for unity.

btw
    this store may look a bit diff now but it is same applefrankenstainclone that pushes way more data around then it should, its shining example for the most unaptimised store on the net. And dosnt even have any content filters, so we have to expose us to disturbing crap when we browsing it, so it rapes you in both ways.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  18. foobooio

foobooio

What a waste of time. So excited to have free access to learning materials but they are totally unusable. Why is there no feedback from admins on this thread. Why no notice on the website explaining that there are issues? So frustrating.

april_4_short and haendelee like this.
  19. JaniFucka

JaniFucka

Is there currently an overload of users on the learn website? Video started buffering mid-course, decided torefresh the page and now I've been waiting for the page to load for solid 10 minutes (still loading as I'm typing this)... Homepage is not loading as well, meanwhile all other webistes that I tested (YouTube, Netflix, Amazon) run normally, so I doubt it has anything to do with my connection.

Edit: According to isitdownrightnow.com the site was down for maintenance for about 15 minutes but now the server is just not responding for anyone for the past 10 minutes.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
    haendelee likes this.
  20. unity_sa-48vE4Kwp28A

unity_sa-48vE4Kwp28A

The Learn website is currently so slow that it is not usable. It is very nice to let people access premium tutorial, however I've been trying to access https://learn.unity.com/project/unity-physics-fundamentals for two days now and cant load video despite having a 1gb fiber wired connexion.

Thanks AskCarol for your actions.

ValentineCat likes this.
  21. AppleDrank

AppleDrank

The asset store makes me depressed. Even typing this comment is lagging so hard that I want to break my keyboard... but its not my keyboards fault... its your fault, unity. I hope youre happy buddy

ValentineCat and haendelee like this.
  22. Nachokaxis

Nachokaxis

Learning site is unusable, web page is not being loaded at 100% (no images, and the upper menu is not working at all). I'm having this issue since last night. Facing the same problem in mobile and pc. Please help, thank you

23. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

Learning site very slow like not loading today.

24. I'm in California, it's working for me just fine, even with VPN (which is also in California at the moment), so maybe the internet is wrecking somewhere for you guys?

haendelee likes this.
  25. peterbenschop

peterbenschop

Unfortunately, the learning site is so incredibly slow I can't use it at all. It has been like this since forever. Why isn't Unity taking action?

26. Dev4Rush

Dev4Rush

Yes, seriously, Unity learn team, how can we affect or make you to work on the Unity.learn service? Why that is still terribly slow? In Unity 2020-2021 roadmap blogpost I read so much about making Unity more reliable and easy to use. Why that still is not applicable to unity.learn site? What kind of feedback should I/We post and where to make you solve that problem?

ValentineCat and haendelee like this.
  27. Rifatnr

Rifatnr

It's 2021 and they still didn't fixed it. Even I could make a better website than that (just saying).

haendelee likes this.
  28. haendelee

haendelee

It is August 2021. Asset Store is still slow.
    Using the Saved Asets and My Asets pages is painful.

29. BLjung

BLjung

Now it only responds with a page about 60% of the times. I guess it got slower than the timeout threshold.

30. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Internet slowdowns occasionally happen.

31. Tsahyla

Tsahyla

Its mid September 2021 and its still so very VERY slow. My office has a really, REALLY high speed internet connection and even there it takes over 30 seconds sometimes to load the front page or change pages of the Asset Store. Good grief that is ridiculous actually. Yeah, this is no "internet slowdown" - well unless it has lasted continuously since 2019 when folks began reporting it heh.

32. ValentineCat

ValentineCat

this is really awful, have been trying to buy an asset pack for more than an hour.

33. iNSiPiD1

iNSiPiD1

It's the sale. The very moment they started the Spring Sale, people flooded the site trying to get 80% off (of which there was a VERY limited quantity, I'm talking like 50 copies of some things).

They need to split the servers up so the ones that serve asset resources aren't congested by the people trying to buy things from the store.

Gekigengar and EricWilliams like this.
  34. EricWilliams

EricWilliams

That's an understatement, emphasis on need to split the servers up. I'm sure there are people that are having trouble working right now because their package manager is essentially broken. Maybe Unity thinks or hopes that during a sale no one will need to download anything.

joshcamas likes this.
  35. SamTheLearned

SamTheLearned

Learn site is Always slow

36. hescano

hescano

November 2022. I started reading all of the comments in this post after I clicked on a learn.unity.com link... I am finishing this comment, and the website is still loading...

ConanBren likes this.
  37. smk_mobile

smk_mobile

assetstore.unity.com can't be loaded at all

38. koontzj343

koontzj343

still just as slow here in 2023

Zaicheg likes this.
  39. C4PT41N

C4PT41N

I'm with you. I'm just trying to load a single page of the store ‍

40. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Don’t worry everyone, as soon as they move the forums to the new platform, they will also probably become as slow as other parts of their web presence, so you will have no reference point and will start thinking that it’s either your connection that is slow, or it’s just the way the internet is.

Problem fixed.

41. Ryiah

Ryiah

With Lithium your complaints about the performance will become a thing of the past! Completely replaced by complaints about how useless the forums will have become. :p

42. impheris

impheris

Wow this is weird, unity learn at least for me is pretty normal, not slow at all, would be maybe your browser? maybe cockies problems?

43. neginfinity

neginfinity

*sighs*

The thread is from 2019.

44. impheris

impheris

yes but if you take the time to read, you'll see comments from march-2023, like this is still a problem

Antypodish likes this.
  45. Web_Master13

Web_Master13

I'm new to learning Unity and the Learn site is still so slow its basically unusable. Do anyone know why? or what the issues are?

46. jhs9295

jhs9295

Normally, the connection works fine, but during a specific time
    When I try to access the learn site, a 400 Bad request occurs.
    There are moments when you lose access for hours.
    Could it be related? Anyone know why?

47. xEcEz

xEcEz

Can't log in on the learn website either. No shortage announcement anywhere either. The website is usually slow, but now it seems it doesn't work at all. I can't understand why such an important platform and resource doesn't get more attention and care.

48. andyz

andyz

Hmm let's try Learn site on mobile... Woah not only slow but really badly formatted! Gotta question who leads these websites' dev...

49. vertexx

vertexx

Cannot understand this? Any one in Australia finding things slow?
    Here both Asset Store and Learn site are as fast as any other site.
    Never ever had the troubles you guys are having with this.
    Any Aussies.please comment. I'm with Optus and only on a 50 Mpbs plan!
    Nothing special but no slow loads at all. What's happening? Is it still happening?

50. spiney199

spiney199

Yeah never had any problems with the site here down under.

Nor Learn, nor the Asset Store. They've all worked pretty smoothly for me.

Though not sure why anyone would try to use something like the Learn site on a mobile phone. A tablet maybe.