Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Asset sharing with unity teams

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by Kobaltic1, Aug 14, 2019.

1. Kobaltic1

Kobaltic1

I have a contract. The person who contracted me added me to a Unity seat on his team and we use collaborate. He bought some assets but I cannot access them. He doesn't have time to keep uploading them to collaborate and would like me to do that part. How can I access the assets that he purchased? Thanks

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Kobaltic1, it depends on the license included with the assets purchased by the person who contracted you. If those assets only require a one time purchase (where the assets can be freely distributed across the team without each person on the team needing to pay for them too) then it's fine for that person to upload them to Collaborate so that they can be easily shared.

But if those assets came with the restriction that each team member that uses them needs to pay then each team member would need to purchase them from the Asset Store before they can be shared through Collaborate.

Is there a reason why your teammate keeps taking time to upload those assets? Are the publishes not going through? Does someone keep deleting them after they've been uploaded?

henrivo likes this.
  3. Kobaltic1

Kobaltic1

Thanks for the information. He does the purchase of new assets but doesn't have time to download them and then add them to the project and then upload them to collaborate. Once they are uploaded it is fine. It is just that he is buying many new assets and was hoping that I could download them from the store since I am on his team.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

You're very welcome. And I see what you mean. Unfortunately, only the person that bought the assets on the Asset Store can download them. If they're OK with it, you could sign in to the Asset Store using their Unity account to download the assets onto your machine so that you could publish them via Collaborate yourself.

5. brettalizer240

brettalizer240

how do i find out what sort of licence my assets have?

6. ValeryNikulina

ValeryNikulina

Unity Technologies