Search Unity

Bug Asset selection popup window disappears when interacted instead of performing required action

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by slowDrag0n, Jun 9, 2020.

1. slowDrag0n

slowDrag0n

I click on the asset nipple (the small circle with a dot in it in the inspector used to open asset/color selection popup window) and the asset selection popup window opens showing the assets/color that i can select from. But when i click on something inside the window, instead of the asset/color being selected and assigned to the respective field, the popup window just disappears and nothing else happens. Some times, the click just gets registered on the element behind the window. huh? I just keep doing this trying to select the asset/color from the window and after three to four or sometimes even more tries am i only able to select the asset/color. This behaviour doesnt just apply to clicking on the assets. Clicking anywhere inside the popup window triggers this flight behaviour where the popup window just smacks a giant NOPE in my face.

Unity 2019.3.14f1

2. DiegoDePalacio

DiegoDePalacio

Unity Technologies

Hi @firsttry21,

Would you mind to share a small video of what you're experiencing?

It will be useful to help you find out what's happening and what you can do to solve it.

Thank you!

3. slowDrag0n

slowDrag0n

4. TerroZ

TerroZ

I'm experiencing the same issue for the last few weeks. Is exactly the same as in the video above.
    My editor version is 2019.3.12f1

5. slowDrag0n

slowDrag0n

DiegoDePalacio likes this.
  6. Overcast

Overcast

Bump-

I am having this issue on 2020.2.1f1, it popups up fine, but dismisses without making a selection even when you click on an asset. It usually works the second time you open it immediately after. Also, now when you search it makes all the thumbnails tiny in a list, even if you have it zoomed to grid otherwise.

Anyone else getting similar?

7. Shrubokrant

Shrubokrant

Still having this issue on 2020.0f1