Search Unity

3D Asset Packs by Supercyan

Discussion in 'Art Assets In Progress' started by myrkridia, Jun 30, 2016.

?

What theme should we do next?

1. Professions Character Pack

7 vote(s)
    29.2%
  2. Fantasy Character Pack

6 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Character Accessories Pack

4 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. Creatures Pack

10 vote(s)
    41.7%
  5. Military Pack

2 vote(s)
    8.3%
  6. Zombies Pack

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. myrkridia

myrkridia

Best gamedevs and asset creators,

greetings to you all. We are new to the scene and I wanted to open up a single thread for our assets in order to keep things simple and keep the WIP forum clean.

Supercyan is a team of professional game developers residing in Kajaani, Finland. We aim to arm gamedevs of all sorts with professional grade assets and tools for faster deliveries. High quality, ease-of-use and good support is our mantra. We have released three character packs so far (in my signature).

Before we head out to create yet another Character Pack, we would love to hear your take on what should it be and what aspects should we consider while creating it. Our current considerations include following themes for the characters:

1. Professions (police, firemen, nurse, janitor, etc.)
    2. Fantasy (knight, thief, wizard, sorcerer, etc.)
    3. Accessories (hats, bags, suitcases, etc.)
    4. Creatures (nature or fantasy themed)

Or should we do something completely different? Do drop a line and your vote and let's see where we end up ;)

We'll be sticking to the same ideology and technical framework as with the previous packs: lowpoly, mobile friendly, two bones per vertex, mecanim humanoid animations and multiple prefabs for ease of use.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. myrkridia

myrkridia

Hi guys and gals!

So it has been a couple of months since the release of the Common People pack. Good times :) We had a summer holiday in July and now back around the forge. AND IT'S HOT!

Browsing through the Asset Store we noticed that there are not that many options when looking for toonish or cartoony military characters (however there are good ones!). So we decided to follow our guts, take the high road and make one of our own in the Supercyan way.

We'll be working on Character Pack: Military for a couple of weeks still and publish it into the Asset Store in the end of August. The pack will contain:
    • 4 Hawk soldiers (the good-guys), 4 Skull soldiers (the bad-guys)
    • 4 weapons featuring a rifle, a sniper rifle, a pistol and a grenade
    • 6-12 animations tailored for this pack
    What do you think? Any tips, suggestions or wishes?

P.S. I also expanded the poll options in order to offer more variety.

Attached Files:

3. myrkridia

myrkridia

Well hello again!

Greetings from Autumny Finland. We are (finally) fulfilling our vision of Supercyan and about to release an Item Pack: Camping. It will be compatible - technically and thematically - with our Character Packs so it will be very interesting to see how things turn out. We are excited! :D

The pack will contain:
    • 27 items of different categories (camping, cooking, food, navigation etc.)
    • 15 new animations (e.g. drinking from waterbottle, logging with axe, looking around with binoculars, cheking a map, etc.) updated to all our character packs
    After the Armed Forces pack (which turned out quite nice!) last year, we worked on a Zombie Survival pack that we just recently pushed out (check it out from my signature).

asset_store_items_camping_screenshot.png asset_store_items_navigation_screenshot.png AssetStore_ItemPackCamping_FacebookImage.png

P.S. Yes, the poll is sill going as we are looking for the next inspiration. Cast your votes!

4. myrkridia

myrkridia

Hi!

Just a quick update: after getting poll results from here and our Twitter, and after some internal considerations, we are going for the Fantasy Character Pack next. Although there are a lot of great fantasy assets out there we would like to give our contribution to the mix. It will be great - expect nothing less :cool: And it's nice to have options. Here are some initial sketches.

Attached Files:

5. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi fellow developers,
    We at Supercyan are creating a new Character pack! This time our subject will be office workers and it's creation process is in good shape. The pack will include 8 personel models, about a dozen work related animations and few assets to play with. Here is a work in progress sample for curious ones: WIP_character_pack_office_workers_1.PNG

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  6. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi all!
    While Character pack Office workers is building into its shape we have also planning to update Zombie survival pack to include character model versions where the backpack is seperated from the model. These bags are also planned to be a separate model where it can be used as a game asset.
    WIP-zombie-pack-character_without_bag.PNG

7. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi!
    We are excited to announce that we have started making tutorial videos on Character Packs! The first quick video is about using the Free Sample character and can be seen here!

8. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Greetings,

the new character pack "Office workers" is building up nicely! We are aiming to add a wearable backpack and few shoulder bags with the Office workers pack.

Here is a sample of the new feature in action: Office_people_packbag_WIP_2.gif

9. Mister-D

Mister-D

female walks have less up down movement(more hip movement) than male movement
    other than that nice art style

10. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Good point!

We probably should create and implement more different styles of walks, like we have created a completely new 8 direction walk cycle for the zombie characters in the Zombie survival pack. Definitely something to keep in mind when creating new packs and animations.

11. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hello everybody,
    Past few months we have been creating new tools, optimizing, unifying and fixing many older assets to future proof our products for the long run. Office workers pack will come out roughly at the same time when all the other packs will get asset updates. At this same time when older assets are getting updated we have been working a new character pack called "Shop workers". Here a sample for all Supercyan enthusiasts!
    Retail_shop_workers_sample.png

12. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi everybody,
    Upcoming packs "Character Pack: Office workers" and "Character Pack: Retail shop workers" will be delayed to 2021 and we continue updating all character packs as we started a few months ago. We hope we will solve still remaining issues in January 2021.

This rest of the year has also been effectively utilized in the graphics department and here is a taste. The Retail shop workers pack will include a few handy items to play around!
    retail_shop_workers_items.png

13. Kamrusepa

Kamrusepa

Hello,

First of all I should say your characters looks great :) When I learn how to make games I will use them for sure :)

Now I'm at the very beginning and I'm using your free model Character Pack: Free Sample to learn.

My problem is, I guess I'm doing something wrong, when I use your BrightDay Scane it perfectly work but when I create my own scene I'm getting the error;
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    SimpleSampleCharacterControl.DirectUpdate () (at Assets/Supercyan Character Pack Free Sample/Scripts/SimpleSampleCharacterControl.cs:171)
    SimpleSampleCharacterControl.FixedUpdate () (at Assets/Supercyan Character Pack Free Sample/Scripts/SimpleSampleCharacterControl.cs:122)

Can you please help me to fix it?

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  14. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi Kamrusepa!
    Your scene might be missing a main camera. Adding a camera with a tag 'MainCamera' should help.

15. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi everybody!
    We are finally planning to release Character Pack: Office workers within the following months. When we get all the technical aspects fixed we should be able to launch more new character and item packs in the future at a faster pace! Here is the upcoming new roster for the Supercyan family!

office_worker_ScreenShot_AllCharacters.png

16. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi all!
    I hope you have been finally enjoying the new Character Pack: Office workers! However hunger will creep in while working, so we are publishing soon a food themed pack! Here is a small taste of what the pack will offer.

itemPack_foods_SocialMedia_1200x630.png

17. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hello all!
    Soon Office pack: Furniture will be out! Here is a small taste about Supercyan office life!
    officePack_screenshot_bossWorkstation.png

18. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

19. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi everybody!

After publishing the Character Pack: Security Guards we have been very busy finishing and publishing lots of new character packs and combo packs! Very soon we will publish Character Pack: Hospital Staff (see a teaser picture below) and in December we will launch Combo Pack: Retail.

Stay tuned on following us on Twitter and see our roadmap on www.supercyanassets.com. hospital_staff_CoverImage_1950x1300.png

20. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi everybody!

We are currently having networking problems and these problems have pushed our future updates and packs to be published later date. We have planned to publish the Common People pack sequel as soon as possible. For further publishing information please stay tuned in https://www.supercyanassets.com/.

However here is something funny that happened while working with Character Pack: Free Animal people sample. Environment Pack: Free Forest Sample's uneven terrain is great place to test assets. :D

Character Pack Free Animal people sample Funny.gif

If you have favourite animals you would like to see in this upcoming anthropomorphic animal pack, let us know!

21. djvecchitto

djvecchitto

Hi - I sent a few emails regarding the possibility of making a stuffed plush character based on a supercyan model, but haven't gotten a reply! Please let me know what type of licensing would be required for this to happen. Thank you!

22. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Greeting! I sent you an email today regarding the stuffed plushie. I hope the email arrived.

My apologies for the late reply.

23. vintage-retro-indie_78

vintage-retro-indie_78

hi, these are amazing, and could easily work as prototype - assets in most titles . . .

if anything, it'd be interesting to perhaps work over a custom - set for perhaps an AAA - title . . . .

however, for any talk of money, at all, going to send over the listed contact - info . . . .

amazing stuff, makes me want to make a few prototypes // make a few levels in Unity . . . .

24. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Hi,
    Thanks for having interest in Supercyan assets! If you have a nice feel to do some prototyping, there is a free Environment Pack: Free Forest Sample and several free Supercyan characters ready to drag and drop to the scene, like our favorite "Sample Sam". Happy prototyping!

25. rlramos

rlramos

Hello!
    I've seen and tried out some of your assets, specifically the Animal People (the anthropomorphic wolf), and I love it so much! I was wondering if you guys can create a cat or a tiger version of the asset and feature new animations. I really, really love it!

26. CyanFerret

CyanFerret

Thank you for your interest in our Character Pack: Free Animal people sample. The wolf character is also my personal favorite from the many good Supercyan characters! :)

Unfortunately, we haven't had the resources to make a whole pack and add more friends for the cute wolf character, such as a cat or a tiger. The overall interest has been positive, so I will reevaluate the "full pack" creation with the team later this year. (I hope you understand that I can't promise anything .)

I am interested in hearing what animations you would like to see in Supercyan packs. Have something specific in mind?