Search Unity

1. We are migrating the Unity Forums to Unity Discussions. On July 12, the Unity Forums will become read-only.

Please, do not make any changes to your username or email addresses at id.unity.com during this transition time.

It's still possible to reply to existing private message conversations during the migration, but any new replies you post will be missing after the main migration is complete. We'll do our best to migrate these messages in a follow-up step.

On July 15, Unity Discussions will become read-only until July 18, when the new design and the migrated forum contents will go live.

Read our full announcement for more information and let us know if you have any questions.

Bug Asset menu in editor immediately closes

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sampenguin, Dec 1, 2023.

1. sampenguin

sampenguin

[ SOLVED]
    This is some kind of bug with the (otherwise excellent) ExcludeFromBuild plugin. I noticed when the Asset menu disappeared, focus would go to the ExcludeFromBuild settings tab I had open. When I close that tab, the Asset menu appears correctly again.

Original Post:
    I have a new fun problem that when I click on "Assets" in the editor, I see the menu open for a fraction of a second, and then disappear and the Editor loses focus. It started occurring after I switched from a build target of Standalone Windows to Android. Only the Assets menu, all the other menu items work fine (File, Edit, GameObject, etc.)

I tried deleting my Library folder and reimporting everything... still happens.

Anyone else seen behavior like this or have any ideas on what might be causing it?

It's a huge blocker to not be able to access that menu.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 1, 2023
  2. _geo__

_geo__