Search Unity

1. Looking for a job or to hire someone for a project? Check out the re-opened job forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2020.2 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Asset Hunter (Project cleaning tool)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by KristianHJ, Oct 15, 2014.

1. vice39

vice39

Hey all.

I installed Asset Hunter Pro with the goal of finding and deleting the many unused textures in my project. I did a build and clicking on the list of "Unused" assets, and it's showing many textures that are in fact in use, some in several scenes.

Any ideas what am I missing here?

Unity 2019.4

2. KristianHJ

KristianHJ

Hi vice

Sorry to hear you are having problems. It should definitely not happen that referenced textures shows up as being unused.
    My first though is that the scenes that are using those textures are not added to buildsettings?
    If the scenes that reference the textures ARE added to buildsettings, then I need some more info about how? Is in stored in the scene itself, is it loaded at runtime, through asset bundles? through addressables?

You are welcome to respond here, but you can also write me directly at contact@heurekagames.com

3. vice39

vice39

Yes, that was the problem. I didn't realize it took into account only the scenes that are in the build settings.

Thanks

4. akarpinski_unity

akarpinski_unity

Hi vice,

Asset Hunter doesn't seem to work properly with addressable assets when they are referenced by AssetReferenceXXX classes. All assets and their dependencies are marked unused.

5. GameHourStudio

GameHourStudio

Hi, I have mailed you as well and though if you received it or not. I am using your asset which I bought a few weeks ago. It's very helpful in many features but I am facing a difficulty in having view of assets by TYPE. As you can see in the image attached, though I have clicket SORT BY TYPE but still it is sorting by name. I am using unity 2019.4.5f1. Can you please have a look. AHP issue.png

6. ChromazoneX

ChromazoneX

Hello! Upon initial setup of AssetHunterPro, it begins building for about a minute and then crashes with this error. It is a pretty large project, but I'm not sure why it keeps crashing? I am using Unity 2020.2.1f1

Attached Files:

7. awais21

awais21

import that and this error pops up,imported it on a empty gamy project
    unity version: 2019.4.15f1

Attached Files:

• 3.JPG
      3.JPG
      File size:
      64.8 KB
      Views:
unityunity