Search Unity

Bug Asset has disappeared while building player to 'sharedassets0.assets' - path '', instancedID '116980

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by mick129, Jan 25, 2023.

1. mick129

mick129

Using Unity 2021.3.16 HDRP
    I have always been able to build my game until this weekend and I still can't manage to find what going on. I have even rebuilt the whole library and still get that problem.
    Its start building and after +- 2h I get this error.

upload_2023-1-24_22-23-21.png

2. mick129

mick129

Anyone got an idea? I've been working to find a solution and I seriously can't find the source.

3. mick129

mick129

Solved

I had like 400 scenes in my scene streaming and didn't touch them for months. So I deleted them and took the 400 scenes from an old backup to save them in today's version (this replaces all the 400 scenes with some of them corrupted, with 400 clean scenes uncorrupted) and it worked.
    Basically, some of those scenes got corrupted.

4. victor_sq

victor_sq

Same here can't do anything about this error, somehow IOS building without this error only Android build got it. I just moved from 2021LTS to 2022.2.8 to avoid another bug of sound disappearing in android build on first run. If anyone have solution please share, lost all week fighting with this...

mick129 likes this.
  5. mick129

mick129

Well it can be very random.
    For me, I just foud out recently that when I touche the textures of a Unity terrain, it add an empty layer to it. That was the problem.
    The world was finished 2 years ago so I'm not sure why it happened, probably a simple miss click.

victor_sq likes this.
  6. IllidanS4

IllidanS4

For me this issue manifested only when building more than 1 scene, and only in some situations (reordering the scenes also affected it). Eventually I found the cause ‒ I was using MicroSplat terrains and some terrain layer textures had the same name. In case you are using this addon, always give your terrain textures unique names (and do not use the same texture in different configs) The created terrainlayer files get their name from the texture name and the index in the config, but if both are the same, the asset gets overwritten during build and issues arise.

Took me a year to find the reason this was happening...