Search Unity

Asset Bundling Failure

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by Journeythedev, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Journeythedev

Journeythedev

Hi everyone!

I'm new-ish to the project, and get the different levels running in the AutoBuild and in editor, but the project throws errors whenever I try to make an actual build, specifically when trying to bundle the assets.

I push the Force All button and then it throws 4 errors, 2 duplicates Saying that the size is too large to load and it suggests using asset bundles.

I know that they went from making that a warning to making it an error in Unity, but why am I getting this error when it tries to bundle the assets?

2. ronbonomo

ronbonomo

I can't say why you are getting the errors, if you are trying to do a mobile build, try to go to your build settings, player settings, publishing settings and down by the bottom there is a bool box you can check which will slit your build for you. I am not sure if it supports a mobile build or not, and that could by why as well

3. Journeythedev

Journeythedev

Hi thanks for the reply. Im not, Im trying to do the standard PC build.

4. ronbonomo

ronbonomo

Hmmm, I can't say. Maybe your computer itself is low on memory? I haven't messed around with this package yet. I have been elbow deep in another new game to be released. I am a solo team. If it is not your computer memory then let me know and I will brainstorm with you more, see if we can't get it solved

Journeythedev likes this.
  5. Journeythedev

Journeythedev

I have 32gb RAM on this pc. It shouldnt be that either.

I havent retried in a while. I'll do so now as well

6. Journeythedev

Journeythedev

Today I spent more time retrying to bundle, to no avail as the project comes.

I decided to try and minimize the potential bundles even further, stripping the bigger level (Level 01) entirely and removing the background from the main menu scene.

For my purposes I wanted an indoor main menu environment so this will work for me. I was able to build successfully with these modifications, and can move forward finally with this minimalized menu and simple level.

7. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

Hello!
    Welcome to the party :)

If you have added a bunch to the scenes, Unity seems to be limited I think to 4GB per scene file. I believe the scene files are still 32bit (not 64) causing this.

It doesn't sound like you have imported a BUNCH (GBS) of assets, so perhaps that's not what you're hitting. But if you have (I am also no going to use a space/robot battle, so I am replacing all assets) then you need to be sure to keep each scene holding less than 4GB of those items. Splitting levels up into multiple scenes (like background objects, game object, movables) all in sub-scenes of the level. So they can stay under the limit.

The default - as un-git-ziped version of the project, as long as you re-import and follow all the rules listed on the install page, and use 2018.3b12 should compile on up, mainly just giving 256 shader limit errors all over the pace. But the levels (such as level_01) will compile.

gl hf
    Micah

8. Journeythedev

Journeythedev

Hi Micah! I actually follow you on Youtube. Thanks for the feedback. I haven't added anything to the project yet, which is why it confuses me as to why Im having this issue with the default scenes.

9. AggressiveMastery

AggressiveMastery

Cheers Journeythedev :)

If you are using all the correct things (unity 2018.3 b12, FPS sample 1.1 (the current git-hub one)) and you downloaded with GIT LFS (38.6 GB)... then opened that project, let everything import, then re-import per the git's install page for the models and firstperson shaders... then you should be able to compile without issues... starting at the top, doing build alls the way down. but don't mess with any of the check boxes (like dev build, ect.)

Level_00 is a LOT simpler then Level_01, graphically.

10. Journeythedev

Journeythedev

It could be that I'm using unity 2018.3.0f2 and not the beta release.