Search Unity

Asset Bundle Build Report

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by rubeng, Sep 8, 2020.

1. rubeng

rubeng

Hi, everyone

Is there any way to get some kind of build report, or profile for building asset bundles?

We are using BuildPipeline.BuildAssetBundles(outputPath, options, EditorUserBuildSettings.activeBuildTarget);

We would love to optimize the asset bundle times because they are getting out of hand, with no insight on why they are being so long.

Also as shot in the dark to try to reduce the build time, splitting into multiple AssetBundles, would explode the build time (in the case of a clean build, I know that if we split the asset bundles and only one is modified that would be an improvement)

Sadly the project is in the later stages of development, so changing to Addressables is impossible.
    We are using 2019.4 and there is a big chance that we would remain there since we hope to launch before 2020.4 is released.

Thanks for any information.

Rubén

2. float

float

Since i just finished a similar thing today:
    U can use Debug.Log, stopwatch and what not and create a log-file, that stores all the infos.
    There is somewhere a script here in the forums on how you can redirect the Debug.Log Output into a file.

3. rubeng

rubeng

Thanks, I am using that to get some info from our build, but the assetbundle building step is a single step, like I can get how long it takes, but not, the detail of which assetbundle is taking too long, or is the spritesheet building, etc.

I ended up migrating the assetbundle building step to use the SciptableBuildingPipeline, and I was able to get some more info since they have some kind of trace report of the process https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.scriptablebuildpipeline@1.12/manual/BuildLogger.html

it hasn't given me much actionable info, but at least it hasn't broken everything